• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australian Schoolboys & National Championships 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Done that

Ron Walden (29)
Note the size of the Fijian pack. The lad (more like man) in the middle with his head bandaged is their 'Inside Centre' - Kikau.

I learnt yesterday that the NQ Cowboys flew over to Fiji not too long ago to watch this kid play. I also know that they are not the only club 'now' interested after Friday night!

Given the lack of $$$$ in Fiji you could hardly see this lad staying in the game.

:-(
Cowboys have signed no.8 & 15.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
News from inside the camp:
All fit and well and coming togther as a group. No injuries of any note. Spirits are high. Plenty of vigour in Training sessions.

Henry Hutchison (team baby) is in charge of the mascot.

RugbyMan5

Frank Row (1)
Very interested to come up and watch the Australian Schoolboys vs. Fiji on Tuesday. Should be a great game.
Who are the players to look out for in both teams and is anybody willing to predict a score ?

random2

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Taane Milne has been ruled out of the Fiji test. Another big loss for the Aussies, hoping this would give young Henry Hutchinson a chance at a starting spot.

The Great Bagsby

Bob McCowan (2)
Hearing reports flyhalf Andrew Deegan will be leaving camp this Friday due to cycling commitments, whether he will be fit to play in Saturdays blockbuster remains to be seen

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Snout partial info

1 Vunipola Fifita (maybe THP )
2 Connal McInerney (maybe)
3 Fa'ape Satiu ( maybe LHP)
4 Ned Hanigan
5 Josh Anderson
6 Brad Wilkin
7 Jack McCalman (c)
8 Junior Fakasilea
9 Mitch Short
10 Andrew Deegan
11 Harry Jones
12 Tepai Moeroa
13 Henry Hutchison
14 ???
15 Andrew Kellaway (vc)

Cannell passed physical and will play from the bench.
Milne out as mentioned above.

No other info.

The Rock

Ward Prentice (10)
Snout partial info

1 Vunipola Fifita (maybe THP )
2 Connal McInerney (maybe)
3 Fa'ape Satiu ( maybe LHP)
4 Ned Hanigan
5 Josh Anderson
6 Brad Wilkin
7 Jack McCalman (c)
8 Junior Fakasilea
9 Mitch Short
10 Andrew Deegan
11 Harry Jones
12 Tepai Moeroa
13 Henry Hutchison
14 ???
15 Andrew Kellaway (vc)

Cannell passed physical and will play from the bench.
Milne out as mentioned above.

No other info.
Why are some players getting picked, if they can't make the Commitments ? They must have some idea they might not be available to play ?

The Great Bagsby

Bob McCowan (2)
Perhaps young Deegan only became aware of said commitment after being selected. I can confirm however that Deegan has been balancing cycling commitments for sometime now, my snouts tell me he put in a more than admirable performance competing in a race in Maitland in the holidays prior to the start of the rugby season, I say bravo Andrew!

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
My snout says Milne issue is a minor hammie twinge, not ankle.

Liam Jurd from Toowoomba Grammar has been promoted from Aust A for tomorrows game. Milne should be OK for NZ.

Team List vs Fiji

1 Fereti Sa'aga
2 Alex Mafi
3 Vunipola Fifita
4 Ned Hanigan
5 Josh Anderson
6 Jack McCalman (c)
7 Brad Wilkin
8 Junior Fakasilea
9 Mitchell Short
10 Andrew Deegan
11 Adrian Henley
12 Tepai Moeroa
13 Henry Hutchison
14 Harry Jones
15 Andrew Kellaway (vc)

16 Evander Guttenbell
17 Connal McInerney
18 Fa'ape Satiu
19 Lachlan Cannell
20 Rohboni Warren-Vosayaco
21 Moses Sorovi
22 Mitchell Third
23 Liam Jurd

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Remember a few years ago (around 2011) when I was having a conversation with an Iona parent about QLD talents.

The bloke tipped Brad Wilkin to be a future wallaby and at the time I laughed and thought "how can you tell, he's still in year 10?"

Obviously since then he has taken the usual pathways and will pull on the Australian Schoolboys 7 jersey. Apart from an injury riddled 2012 he has shown all the signs of being a great hope for the future. Long way to go but one to keep an eye on.

Interestingly, he has also moved from 6/8 and I'd be curious to see what fetching skills he has developed at the breakdown because I picked him as more of an impact no. 8 early last year and during the QLD schools trials this year. Lolo is the obvious choice for the 8 jersey and that's pretty much accepted knowledge now.

Congrats to Jurd, who despite being injured the majority of TGS' season has made the step up to Aus 1s. He is a big target on RL radars and I really hope he isn't lost to the other code next year as he is a fantastic prospect at 13.

Jasdec

Ted Fahey (11)
So you all dont get a rude shock when you arrive at the game - 'Elfster' and 'HJ' will be the ones each wrapped in a tartan blanket with numerous pidgeons roosting on them! Please don't mistake them for vagrants!! Lol

Can someone go and wake them up so we can get an update.

Status
Not open for further replies.