• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australian Schoolboys & National Championships 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Guru

Fred Wood (13)
1. Tom O'Toole - PADUA Comb.S 2014
3. Gavin Luka NUDGEE QLD1 2014
4. Darcy Taimua-Swain BBC QLD1 2014
5. Reece Hewat NUDGEE QLD1 2013,2014
7. Ayden Hurst VIC2 2014
9. Harrison Goddard OAK NSW1 2014
10. Jack McGregor ST.IG NSW1 2014
12. Calvin Pritchard NUDGEE QLD1 2014
14. Sepesa Loga Tarogi NEW NSW1 2014

i think you are spot on. Qld selectors obviously high opinion of Tamoua- Swain he made GPS 1 without playing a trial match. i hear he had a blinder yesterday for BBC v TSS in front of national selectors Phillpotts and Wallace . i guess it helps being 6 ft 7 and a champion rower. nice kid too .

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
@Brian Westlake, No reason why they shouldn't choose a young lad from the Illawarra (Wollongong Vikings) as the Captain of the Australian Schoolboys.
NSWCHS U/16's Rugby Train On Squad
<snip>
Reece Hewat Illawarra Sports HS
<snip>
Held hostage behind enemy lines by blue and white banjo wielding kidnap squad, along with some others from the 2012 NSW JRU Under 15 squad.:)

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
Re Calvin Pritchard: Word is he may be pulling out. So one has to watch-out what they "assume" from the previous year. I think a lot will depend on the trail form then what happened last year. ;)

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
I accept your bet and raise you a shekel (or a beer if I ever meet you in person!). I'm on the Queenslander!

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
Too right it's everywhere!! Good one Hugh. Got me singing now!

There is room for you Hugh in QUEENSLAND, your most welcome.

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
Hmmm Hugh I have a hunch we both may not be correct.

I think you may actually find that whilst the Gentleman in question first came to Australia he was in QUEENSLAND first, then tried his luck (which was very good) in the less fashionable NSW, before returning to his preferred nest, QUEENSLAND (NSW is part of Queensland anyways....just listen to the song!).

However in terms of his rugby career you are correct the nether regions on the most southern reaches of the beachie south of Sydney (just before the hills) is where he started.....but that's all in QUEENSLAND!

Natal shark

Peter Burge (5)
Hmmm Hugh I have a hunch we both may not be correct.

I think you may actually find that whilst the Gentleman in question first came to Australia he was in QUEENSLAND first, then tried his luck (which was very good) in the less fashionable NSW, before returning to his preferred nest, QUEENSLAND (NSW is part of Queensland anyways..just listen to the song!).

However in terms of his rugby career you are correct the nether regions on the most southern reaches of the beachie south of Sydney (just before the hills) is where he started...but that's all in QUEENSLAND!
Check Mate!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Derick Slater

Chris McKivat (8)
1. Jack Morrison - Riverview
2. Tom Horton - Joeys
3. Gavin Luka - Nudgee College
4. Darcy Swain - Brisbane Boys College
5. Tom Pirrodi - Newington College
6. Nathan Gittoes - Joeys
7. Jack Farrell - Brisbane Boys College
8. Reece Hewat (c) - Nudgee College
9. Harrison Goddard - Oakhill College
10. Jack McGregor - Riverview
11. Dilan Riley - The Southport School
12. Calvin Pritchard - Nudgee College
13. Simon Kennawell - Newington College
14. Sepesa Loga Tarogi - Newington College
15. Jayden Ngamanu - Brisbane Boys College

This is just a prediction of what I think the schools team will look like. Not sure if there's any talent in Victoria or act, so I guess I'm biased for qld and nsw.

pablo

Darby Loudon (17)
Evidently biased. Factor in a few from Victoria. ACT will have some that press claims.

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
That's a pretty good attempt. I don't know of non GPS (Qld) players, but of the GPS (Qld) guys watch for either #6 S Wallis (ACGS) and K Meni (NC), # 10 L Mosley (NC) and #15 G Robertson (IGS). Liam Mosley can play # 12 as well. J Farrell (BBC) has been playing well and solid, but is not a given yet! There have been some good performances from a few other #6&#7 out there.

As I said previously I don't think K Pritchard (NC) is going to contest this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.