• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australian Schoolboys & National Championships 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Getting anything off the Foxtel IQ box onto another media form (flash drive, DVD, hard drive etc) is very tricky if not downright impossible.

Not helped by the notorious unreliability of Foxtel IQ hardware. Ours tends to last about 2 years before a fault develops with the unit, and carefully saved games are lost forever. The Foxtel Tech is unable to move the saved files onto the new device. <angry>

On the other hand, if anyone does know how to move IQ recordings to another media, it is probably best not to explain how to do it on here.

The mods would most likely view that as falling in the same category as promoting illegal live streams.

Foxtel is a fairly big contributor to the coffers of Australian Rugby, and not a good idea to upset their revenue model and licensing arrangements.

Silverado

Dick Tooth (41)
Apparently it couldn't be recorded live into the box.
You couldn't do it live but can on fox sports 2 on delay so if you know someone with it get them to record it you can at least you can watch it at their place. I can see what Huge is saying..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
You couldn't do it live but can on fox sports 2 on delay so if you know someone with it get them to record it you can at least you can watch it at their place. I can see what Huge is saying..

Happy to take a private message on the subject.

Actually happy to pay money to get a legit product, if someone was selling it

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
[quote="
Foxtel is a fairly big contributor to the coffers of Australian Rugby, and not a good idea to upset their revenue model and licensing arrangements.[/quote]

Hmmm, interesting perspective you have. I don't happen to share this view.

Keeping rugby exclusively on Pay TV is not conducive to expanding the game to the masses.

Surly this has been discussed before in this place, probably a pretty big can of worms that could almost warrant its own thread.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
There was a replay on yesterday at 9:00am which I recorded at the last minute when I was browsing.

It's not on the "Anytime" option, but if you keep revisiting the FoxSports guide it could be on later - though I notice there is no replay for the following week.

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
Think there might be better options than Riverview as well.

Even in Kew (a Melbourne suburb) there's about 4 large all-male rugby schools - all with boarding houses and within a 5 minute tram ride. They could park the different state teams across these and have it hosted as a joint effort.

Armchair Selector

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Even in Kew (a Melbourne suburb) there's about 4 large all-male rugby schools - all with boarding houses and within a 5 minute tram ride. They could park the different state teams across these and have it hosted as a joint effort.

I think that is a fantastic idea. Rugby facilities in Victoria are no worse than Riverview and a change is due.

Sydney based alternatives would be Kings or Joeys as ovals with outstanding facilities

Issue as always will be funding.......I don't see ASRU having the dollars to make substantive change with a Northern hemisphere tour in the planning. ARU ???? Yea right :(

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
From a Sydney perspective both Kings and Joey's have the perfect venues for the Aus championships. Even their secondary fields are better than the Swamp and Goat track out at Riverview. Their number 1 fields are better than most professional fields and totally suitable for the the division one games.

However i'd suggest you'd be hard pressed getting both schools to allow herds of marauding wildebeest to trample their precious turf midway through the season.....

errrr....although in saying that, the proposed changes to the AAGPS competition for 2017 structure will mean that from June 2017 all AAGPS number 1 fields will be reassigned to to host the newly introduced AAGPS Croquet and Doily Crocheting competition.

However I wouldn't want to be telling a bunch of angry mallet wielding Croquetists and Crochet hook waving artisans that their comp was now being moved across to the Headmasters lawn.

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
I think that is a fantastic idea. Rugby facilities in Victoria are no worse than Riverview and a change is due.

Sydney based alternatives would be Kings or Joeys as ovals with outstanding facilities

Issue as always will be funding...I don't see ASRU having the dollars to make substantive change with a Northern hemisphere tour in the planning. ARU ???? Yea right :(

The Xavier field is particularly good, Scotch's is too but it's on a flood plain so there's inconsistencies.

Come to think of it, they could even hold it in the Burwood Sporting District with the Vento Club, Marcellin College, and the Carey & Trinity Sports Campuses.

I think the big issue in these tournaments are always nearby, good quality, and cheap housing.

TBH - if I was NSW I wouldn't WANT to host it every year. It's no secret a tour creates a more focused environment and arguably a more memorable experience. Does anyone know if the NSW boys stay together during the tourney?

S

sidelineview

The Xavier field is particularly good, Scotch's is too but it's on a flood plain so there's inconsistencies.

Come to think of it, they could even hold it in the Burwood Sporting District with the Vento Club, Marcellin College, and the Carey & Trinity Sports Campuses.

I think the big issue in these tournaments are always nearby, good quality, and cheap housing.

TBH - if I was NSW I wouldn't WANT to host it every year. It's no secret a tour creates a more focused environment and arguably a more memorable experience. Does anyone know if the NSW boys stay together during the tourney?

I believe the NSW boys stayed in camp at the Riverview school which gave them a good chance to bond.

Rich_E

Ron Walden (29)
errrr..although in saying that the proposed changes to the AAGPS competition for 2017 structure will mean that from June 2017 all AAGPS number 1 fields will be reassigned to to host the newly introduced AAGPS Croquet and Doily Crocheting competition. I wouldn't want to be telling a bunch of angry mallet wielding Croquetists and Crochet hook waving artisans that their comp was now being moved across to the Headmasters lawn.

Az. That's gold mate.

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)

All the boys from everywhere stay on campus at Riverview

And it worked well for the NSW boys, as both teams made the championship final.

NSWII had a particularly nice day out. Best since 1978'

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
I would love to see these tournaments taken out of Sydney for a year at some point. Does nowhere have the infrastructure?

King's and Joeys in Sydney, Nudgee in Brisbane, Southport, Toowoomba Grammar and Kinross Wolaroi if we want to go rural. All of these schools have enough boarding facilities onsite as well as two decent rugby fields. For all the land they have at Lane Cove Riverview really do have poor rugby fields.

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
Definitely not Nudgee. They have one pitch that is superb, and a dozen others that are simply awful.

Southport is a great place to host Tournaments with a large boarding school.

Brisbane Grammar School has similarly excellent fields and a boarding house.

But really, Ballymore should be the one stop shop for all Tournament's in SEQ. Three pitches all professionally maintained, an 18000 seat stadium, floodlights, and is 25 minutes max from every school in Brisbane.

Status
Not open for further replies.