• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Benn Robinson Ruled Out for the 2011 Season with Injury

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Deans interview
"Deans was hopeful that forwards Wycliff Palu, Tatafu Polota-Nau and James Slipper would come under consideration for the final Tri Nations Test against New Zealand in Brisbane on August 27 and that winger Drew Mitchell would also be back running when the Wallabies returned from South Africa.

The final 30 has to be chosen before the final 3N match. I guess you could name 30 players, including the crocks, and have a nudge, nudge, wink, wink group of shadow replacements until the squad left for NZ, but that strategy is fraught with danger.

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Agreed RDJ, how the hell do you play prop and expect to scrummage with a buggered up ACL

T

tranquility

If that is the case Groucho, and it is a possibility from what they are saying, it would be a very rare set of events.

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
If that is the case Groucho, and it is a possibility from what they are saying, it would be a very rare set of events.

It probably is very rare.

I remember when Fatcat made the initial statement on it that 25% (?) of people have functional stability without an ACL. If Robinson has actually been able to do elite sport, I'd hypothesize (that is to say, guess) that it could be result of some extreme soft tissue conditioning and muscular development.

I had a surgeon tell me today the I can live without my ATFL (anterior ankle jobbie) and can play any sport I want. Two weeks ago I was in an inflatable cast.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
I spoke to a doctor friend today who reckons it's completely feasible but a small percentage of people can get away with it. The knee would need to be braced to ensure no sideways movement whatsoever.
Fascinating story.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
I think he hurt himself when he pranced around in that leotard like a prat.

It was funny though.

MrTimms

Ken Catchpole (46)
Staff member
The final 30 has to be chosen before the final 3N match. I guess you could name 30 players, including the crocks, and have a nudge, nudge, wink, wink group of shadow replacements until the squad left for NZ, but that strategy is fraught with danger.

Sounds like an extract from the PdV coaching manual?

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Fat Cat is always up for something that makes him look foolish. The team loves him for it. Should be more of it

Status
Not open for further replies.