• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Bledisloe 1: 29 July @ MCG

Namerican

Bill Watson (15)
Quade looks slow, can’t tackle and isn’t a great goal kicker either tbh.

If we are going to lose which in most cases we are atm I’d rather watch Carter over Quade.

In play kicking was very bad I’m not defending that but it was bad from Kerevi and Kellaway as well.

If you could combine the two of them you'd have a test rugby player. Right now neither are a test rugby #10. Quade is old, slow, doesn't tackle. Carter can't kick - he makes Bernard Foley look like Jonny Wilkinson. It is what it is. Pick your poison.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Rennie is still a Rugby Australia employee yeah??
Dave got us to 8th in the world with a 32% win rate. He isn‘t going to fix anything but for some reason was lauded by some for having us on an upward trajectory. I’m on the fence with regards to Eddie, but whoever is going to fix this mess needs time.....and money.

Wallaby Man

Trevor Allan (34)
Some on here absolute clueless clowns. Either trolls or have zero idea on the game. Take the pick for what ever you are, the only difference is trolls know they are doing it, those unaware fall into the zero idea on the game category.

I actually thought most of the changes to the starting team were positive. Petaia had a good first half and prob just tired in the second because of lack of game time.

Kellaway was pretty good. He made some smart runs and allowed us not to be dominated in a kicking duel.

Bell was the best wallaby on the field.

Tate and Gordon blew very hot and cold. Gordon can’t tactically kick and Tate can’t pass. But they are brilliant in the defensive line. Both worth persisting.

Keveri and Skelton were class tonight.

Tom Hooper at 7 wasn’t effective but he try’s his guts out, could see a change here.

Uelese pretty decent off the bench.

Arnold and Frost both a little under par but we know they can deliver the goods.

The reality is we didn’t have a bad player out there, but we did have players up against their opposition that’s in a different class both athletically and rugby IQ.

We can beat a top team on our day, but no chance of doing that 3 times in a row

shanky

Darby Loudon (17)
I love a mullet as much as the next man, but apart from Dermo, they’re not an indicator of success

let’s start Quade next week.

A mutterer

Chilla Wilson (44)
those 3 mauls the ab's defended were just terrible, our maul was picked apart in 2 and we didnt get the rub of the green for the 3rd which could have a been a penalty our way.

mind you we didnt really deserve to win, im not sure why there's a perception we were good in the 1st half, we had 35% possession and field position. eddie's plan to tank our way to the rwc continues to roll on .....