• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Bledisloe 1: 29 July @ MCG

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
What real value is Nic White really bringing at this stage? He's gone backwards badly in the last year or two. He's experienced but is a poor leader, gets on the wrong side of the ref, makes himself a target for the opposition and his game doesn't seem to suit the Wallabies. I'm not sure you are losing much by ditching White.
OH GOD.

Now you've done it.

@Tomikin Watch:

9E4D479D3BECA6604EDB410F6890DB118EE6503B

Chucamuca

Bob McCowan (2)
Shit game, but awesome atmosphere. Loved the pre game stuff. There were competing team chants from both ends of the ground. I know people say most of the crowd was kiwi, but I actually think Wallabies were getting louder roars, looked to me about 55/45 Wallabies fans. I think this seals the deal for MCG getting the final.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Carter restart kicking was poor.. it’s usually not. Has a high arch rhat chasers can get… I think it was the nervousness

As for goal kicking… the smallest of sample size. Keen to see how he kicks in a rectangular venue (same with his punting) I imagine there’s the opposite of tunnel vision kicking for posts/touch out on a AFL field…

Bring on goal kicking in Dunedin. Score some pies and let’s see if he has a sufficient boot with accuracy. He was 1 from 2 last night not 1 from 6

Marce

John Thornett (49)
You literally said Carter "isn't doing a ten's main duty" in kicking to the posts if Lonergan takes over. All that's needed is a balanced skillset across the backline, which we didn't really have last night imo - it doesn't all fall on the 10.
It doesn't matter the number on the back. But if you play at first five eighth, you are standing in a good position to make good tactical kicks. So it supposed you are a good kicker in any situation. Same if you play at fullback. We are talking about basic skills for the position

Last edited:

stillmissit

Chilla Wilson (44)
Got a bit excited until about 2/3rds of the way through the first half, then it dawned on me these guys cannot maintain this intensity, speed and the rest .................................Thet are not fit enough, Tupoa looked like a sack of potatoes and the rest were in heart attack area.

What happened to Eddie's idea that possesion rugby was soooo yesterday. The AB's took it and held in the critical parts of the field and we couldn't get it back.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
You're all cooked. Yeh they made some simple errors but without the yellows and injuries this game is much much closer and competitive. hard to read into a game when you have 2 yellows and 2 key injuries.

Look at the pumas vs boks last night. Pumas are very good. Should have won that game. We just lost to them in a game we should have won. We just played the best abz team, got 2 yellows and 2 vital injuries and the score line reflects.

The first team we picked in South Africa was a B side from what we see now as well.

Can't read into any of this too much. Get rid of the yellow cards and some of the bad luck injures and we would have been competitive last night and beat the pumas.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
You're all cooked. Yeh they made some simple errors but without the yellows and injuries this game is much much closer and competitive. hard to read into a game when you have 2 yellows and 2 key injuries.

Look at the pumas vs boks last night. Pumas are very good. Should have won that game. We just lost to them in a game we should have won. We just played the best abz team, got 2 yellows and 2 vital injuries and the score line reflects.

The first team we picked in South Africa was a B side from what we see now as well.

Can't read into any of this too much. Get rid of the yellow cards and some of the bad luck injures and we would have been competitive last night and beat the pumas.

Agree… I swore so loud as the team headed to the sheds giving the ABs the try just before half time.

It’s a different speech Eddie is giving and diff attitude coming out of the sheds when it’s 12-7 game and not 19-7

But the wallabies really need to learn to over come this adversity with the ABs… when does the rot end? Need a bledisloe scalp and soon.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)

You keep talking as if yellow cards are just bad luck or outside of the Wallabies control.

Getting yellow cards and poor discipline is part of what makes the Wallabies not a good team right now. Fans like you want to pretend and believe that it’s all the refs fault and poor officiating. Every game you think the opposition are getting away with murder and the poor Wallabies are victims of bad refs.

You don’t know rugby….

John S

Chilla Wilson (44)

I'm with @Bullrush - I'll give you the two injuries, but the two yellows were for doing dumb sh*t - Barnes normally doesn't give out a YC for Nada.

They were well within our control - we need to cut those dumb errors from the game. How, I don't know - but they're professionals

Sir Arthur Higgins

Alan Cameron (40)
You keep talking as if yellow cards are just bad luck or outside of the Wallabies control.

Getting yellow cards and poor discipline is part of what makes the Wallabies not a good team right now. Fans like you want to pretend and believe that it’s all the refs fault and poor officiating. Every game you think the opposition are getting away with murder and the poor Wallabies are victims of bad refs.

You don’t know rugby….
Tongan thors yellow was bad luck. Come one. The bloke was absolutely fucked with a back / rib injury. Bad call to keep him on that long but

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)

You don’t know rugby….
Youre saying exactly what I said. I never said we didn't deserve the cards. I'm saying our discipline needs to be better. And I said Wayne Barnes was spot on. What are you even talking about.
mK card was just dumb. The high shot was bad luck and happened a couple times in the game. I've been watching rugby for 20 years religiously and played briefly. I know rugby.

Last edited:

Linerunner2023

Fred Wood (13)
Take homes
- we played well in the first half, really have it to the kiwis physically - kiwis mentioned it was more physical then SA
- the try on half time hurt the Aussies
- the 10 to 15 min period in the 2nd half lost it for the Aussie’s. they needed to scores early on in rhe 2nd half

players
- Devo for AAA, makes out front row rotation skinny now, especially with tupou having less game time, think Pone will now be 2 and either talakai or nongurr 3rd TH
- didn’t mine the back row set up, extra size and line out options
- Tate and Gorden and good players, will need more time to gel, a couple of weeker RWC games might help compared to ABs
- Kerevi is getting fitness back and I liked petaia at 13, petaia should hold 13 until ikatau back, then we need to find him a spot in the 23! He needs to stay at 13 to get regular game time and minutes now until RWC
- hasn’t the game changed with wingers, koribete and Marky N two of the best again, they are getting so much work done and physical
- kellaway will get better with game time
- glass half full - Many players and key players coming back from long term injuries, might not win many / any games now before RWC but that’s when the squad needs to peak
- NZ atm would not get beaten, If they take this form into rwc they will win easily

Sir Arthur Higgins

Alan Cameron (40)
My impression was the first try was a shit quick line out that someone in mars could’ve read.
from then until injury season it was basically pretty even.
overall I saw improvement across the park. Jordie will only get better at 13 I thought he was decent enough with flashes of good.
Samu - too bad he is playing in Japan as that’s definitely hindered his comeback in my mind.
Anyone who doesn’t salivate over Marky Mark (Nawaqanitawase) at 15 is off their rocker as far as I’m concerned
Jellaway was no dramas but not great.
Leota outshone jed by a mile
Forget fetchers. Hooper and samu. Game has moved on from Michael hoooper

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
Shit game, but awesome atmosphere. Loved the pre game stuff. There were competing team chants from both ends of the ground. I know people say most of the crowd was kiwi, but I actually think Wallabies were getting louder roars, looked to me about 55/45 Wallabies fans. I think this seals the deal for MCG getting the final.
i did not hear one "wallabies" chant buy lots of "All Blacks" the crowd were so engaged with the rugby they were doing Mexican waves, great numbers but imo little audible support for the boys in orange

Last edited:
Reactions: dru

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Tongan thors yellow was bad luck. Come one. The bloke was absolutely fucked with a back / rib injury. Bad call to keep him on that long but
Who’s decision was it to keep him on there? Not only was White fucking around with keeping the ball in the scrum with Tupou being injured but exactly how long did Eddie Jones think he was gonna keep going?

It’s not just the players who weren’t up to it last nite…

TBH - the Wallabies did A LOT better than I thought they would. I was actually impressed with how the forwards fronted up for a lot of that game.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Youre saying exactly what I said. I never said we didn't deserve the cards. I'm saying our discipline needs to be better. And I said Wayne Barnes was spot on. What are you even talking about.
mK card was just dumb. The high shot was bad luck and happened a couple times in the game. I've been watching rugby for 20 years religiously and played briefly. I know rugby.
No. It’s not bad luck at all.

The injuries were unlucky. But stop acting as if all the teams do the same thing but only the Wallabies get caught. Every game you blame the refs and now it’s bad luck as well.

If anything, the Wallabies are lucky Valentini didn’t get carded earlier.

I’ve been watching kung-fu movies for 20yrs… I’m not all surprised your playing days were brief.