• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Bledisloe 1 - Saturday 18 August 2018 - ANZ Stadium, Sydney

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Would love to see Timu getting some time off the bench, being able to rip in for 20-30 minutes suits his game and will allow him to build into test rugby.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Would love to see Timu getting some time off the bench, being able to rip in for 20-30 minutes suits his game and will allow him to build into test rugby.
I think in most games it will either be him or Samu as I doubt we'll persist with a 6 forward bench.

At this stage I'd be picking Samu.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Reckon he comes straight back in?

Well, he was (apparently) likely to play if the Tahs had made the final. So, with a few extra weeks..........probably. He doesn't usually go off the boil much, but I grant you he'll not be match tested.
I'm gonna go way out on a limb..............
. and say yes. ;)

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Reckon he comes straight back in?
Yeah - I think so Reg. And even if he doesn’t, I think Samu is probably the more like for like replacement, even though I would love to see how a Pocock, Timu, Tui backrow would go.

I think it was notable though that when Cheika did pick Timu he played him in a different role than what he did with the Reds.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Sounds like a bit of Catch 22 there JB. Timu is not the answer to complement the Pooper but will improve with more test time. Do you see him getting time off the bench?

BTW I'm sure he is quite capable of telling Hooper and Pocock just how good they've played.;)
I here he likes their golden locks

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Well, he was (apparently) likely to play if the Tahs had made the final. So, with a few extra weeks....probably. He doesn't usually go off the boil much, but I grant you he'll not be match tested.
I'm gonna go way out on a limb......
. and say yes. ;)
We cant say how he returns from injury his never bloody injured.

But hammy injuries arent great ones

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member

True, but he never seems to start a season off the pace, so I expect he'll be OK. But yeah, ideally you want anyone facing the ABs to be as match fit as possible.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
Tui seems to be a good fit and then Cheika has his eye on Naisarani. The is also the possibility of one or both of Dempsey and McMahon coming back into contention before the RWC. Then there is Samu.
A lot will depend on injury. It is is good to have the problem with multiple people in each position putting up their hand.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
The rugby.com.au article said Hooper was back to full training yesterday.

DHP, Ala'alatoa and Sio are the other players battling injuries.

All are expected to be available.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
The rugby.com.au article said Hooper was back to full training yesterday.

DHP, Ala'alatoa and Sio are the other players battling injuries.

All are expected to be available.

Geez you wouldnt want to kick off the RC without Sio, DHP or Hoops.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member

RA doing a good job of making it seem like Reece Hodge isn't definitely going to be playing 13 in the first Bledisloe.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Yep, I'm pretty sure they've run stories for Hodge, Rona, Meakes and Folau to all be the answer at 13.........

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member

I think they will have put him through some pretty complete testing

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.