• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Bledisloe 1 - Wallabies vs All Blacks, ANZ Stadium, Sydney, 8:05pm

Who wins?

• Walabies

Votes: 19 38.8%
  • All Blacks

Votes: 29 59.2%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 2.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
The biggest problem with stats, is not the stats, but the reality that most who use them thouroughly confuse correlation with causation.

Which part of the stats showing Simmons does as much or more ruck work than the other options is confusing correlation and causation?

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
I really hope he doesn't pick Drew Mitchell and not that I don't rate him but he has just come back from surgery and I also read he has a problem with his achillies tendon. My team would be
1.Sio
2.Moore
3.Kepu
4.Douglas
5.Simmons
6.Fardy
7.Hooper
8.Pocock
9.Genia
10.Foley
11.DHP
12.Giteau
13.TK
14.AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)
15.Foloau
res: TPN, Slipper, Robertson, Mumm, McMahon, Phipps, Samu Kerevi, Rob Horne, Quade Cooper (One to be omitted)

Can't decide if we can play with only one playmaker if either Gits or Foley goes down. Life would be easy if To'omua or Beale were available. Beale would be brilliant covers 10,12, wing & 15.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Do I remember correctly that Moore had one terrible throw close to our line which resulted in us giving up a try? I don't think that had anything to do with Skelton.

I'm pretty sure that was Coleman's first lineout after Simmons went off........

Moore also got nudged in the back by the touch judge as he threw the ball.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
I really hope he doesn't pick Drew Mitchell and not that I don't rate him but he has just come back from surgery and I also read he has a problem with his achillies tendon. My team would be
1.Sio
2.Moore
3.Kepu
4.Douglas
5.Simmons
6.Fardy
7.Hooper
8.Pocock
9.Genia
10.Foley
11.DHP
12.Giteau
13.TK
15.Foloau
res: TPN, Slipper, Robertson, Mumm, McMahon, Phipps, Samu Kerevi, Rob Horne, Quade Cooper (One to be omitted)

Can't decide if we can play with only one playmaker if either Gits or Foley goes down. Life would be easy if To'omua or Beale were available. Beale would be brilliant covers 10,12, wing & 15.

Why isn't To'omua available?

RebelYell

Arch Winning (36)
1.Sio
2.Moore
3.Kepu
4.Douglas
5.Simmons
6.Fardy
7.Hooper
8.Pocock
9.Genia
10.Foley
11.DHP
12.Giteau
13.TK
15.Foloau

I think that there would be a genuine chance of Timani replacing Mumm as the lock/backrow cover on the bench if Cheika goes with a 6-2 split (which he may well do) to take advantage of the utility cover provided by Giteau, AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper), Folau and Horne.

I really like the look of your starting side, would probably swap Slipper for Sio though.

Bench for mine: TPN, Sio, Robertson, Coleman, Timani, McMahon, Phipps, Horne

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
I think that there would be a genuine chance of Timani replacing Mumm as the lock/backrow cover on the bench if Cheika goes with a 6-2 split (which he may well do) to take advantage of the utility cover provided by Giteau, AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper), Folau and Horne.

I really like the look of your starting side, would probably swap Slipper for Sio though.

Agree.
Am particularly interested in how Simmons comes back after his AC joint injury and IF he replicates that 20 minutes form from the third test.

Am sure that Poey and Hooper will be the 8 and 7 respectively and whilst that combo worked a treat at RWC it will be interesting how the AB's deal with that (now they had time to work them out)

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member

But who do you play for Timani to replace? Best guess is both Pock & Hooper play 80, so there is 4, 5 & 6

Fardy replaces McMahon, that limits our lineout to two jumpers

Coleman replaces a lock
Then Timani (or Skelton) replaces the other lock?

Then we are down to one lineout option.

For balance what this set of pigs is missing is a decent 6\8 replacement who can be that real third lineout option to play that last 30 minutes.

Strewthcobber

Andrew Slack (58)
But who do you play for Timani to replace? Best guess is both Pock & Hooper play 80, so there is 4, 5 & 6

Coleman replaces a lock

For balance what this set of pigs is missing is a decent 6\8 replacement who can be that real third lineout option to play that last 30 minutes.
It seems incredible that a full time Pro like timani couldn't develop into at least a competent 2 jumper.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)

Coleman replaces a lock

Isn't Timani exactly that? A 6/8 option who can be a third line-out option!

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
If I were the AB coaching staff and saw Lopeti named for the Wallabies I'd be pretty chuffed. Don't get me wrong - love how he plays for Melbourne in the NRC and Super Rugby formats, but can't for the life of me see him thriving at international level.

Mr Pilfer

Bob Loudon (25)
I know Chek preferred Genia to Phipps in the world cup but I think he will go with Phipps this time as from what I have heard Genia just hasn't played enough rugby lately.

Also DHP surely has to start. A lot of people seem to be just assuming all the foreign based players will come straight into the starting line up. Mitchell should miss out.

Would like to see Coleman start as well.

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
If I were the AB coaching staff and saw Lopeti named for the Wallabies I'd be pretty chuffed. Don't get me wrong - love how he plays for Melbourne in the NRC and Super Rugby formats, but can't for the life of me see him thriving at international level.

Why not? He's big, fast-enough, hard-as-nails, has real impact and has recently developed soft hands and a good pass. All he needs now is intensive development.

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
For all the reasons that have been given over the last couple of years

Which aren't shared by everyone on here. The only real problem with Skelton is that he hasn't delivered on his attacking promise. If he had, he'd be my first-picked lock, despite all those other reasons.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Why not? He's big, fast-enough, hard-as-nails, has real impact and has recently developed soft hands and a good pass. All he needs now is intensive development.

All that has been on display depending on the level of competition:
NRC: an animal who's in the best-of lists for most
Super Rugby: hot and cold, sometimes lays a big hit in defense and gets through a good amount of hit ups, but also goes missing.

He's yet another halfie - too short to compete with the big 2m+ monsters in the air at lock and too slow to match a Reid out wide.

Love having the bloke in my team but can't see who he'd displace?

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
I'd also argue that he's often got tits for hands and lacks the motor, but that's based on sporadic match attendance in 2016 and no foxtel, so take it with a grain of salt!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom