• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Bledisloe 1 - Wallabies vs All Blacks, ANZ Stadium, Sydney, 8:05pm

Who wins?

• Walabies

Votes: 19 38.8%
  • All Blacks

Votes: 29 59.2%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 2.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Saxter

Stan Wickham (3)
I can't fathom why people don't want Quade. If Quade put in a game like Foley did last nite..he'd never play again. Foley was absolutely terrible. Not one single thing he did was acceptable. At least with cooper...he may make some mistakes..but he's a pure opportunity maker..and a pure playmaker. Something we neeeed so bad.
It's EXaCTLlY what the men's sevens team suffered from. Lack of direction from an average playmaker!
I wouldn't be surprised if Quade starts next week, as Foley hasn't showed good form for along time now.

Seems that chasing the coin is catching up with Foley. Hasn't he pretty much played right through from the RWC. Japan - Super Rugby - RC? His spark and running seem extinguished right now. Just a thought.

Saxter

Stan Wickham (3)
I honestly think them bringing Giteau back was a great move...but he should have been used off the bench as a finisher or the experience at the back end of a game. His older legs are far better late in a game vs tired defences!
I think Cheiks was star struck a little lol

Gits has been shown to sadly not be a very good "finisher". ;-)

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
The only way to beat the AB is to beat them at their own game- not that rubbish territory game we tried to play last night. Hence we need genuine playmakers like QC (Quade Cooper) and DHP not Matt Giteau. What does he bring in attack?
In what world is DHP a "genuine playmaker"?

Brilliant fullback and excellent rugby player in general, but not a playmaker.

Saxter

Stan Wickham (3)
He has a decent dive for the try-line

Oops. The InterWebs don't do good irony. Sorry. I meant he's not very good at finishing games these days. (Sadly for him) I really feel for him given the angst that all of this has caused him and his club.

HoldingOn

Alfred Walker (16)
Oops. The InterWebs don't do good irony. Sorry. I meant he's not very good at finishing games these days. (Sadly for him) I really feel for him given the angst that all of this has caused him and his club.
Ironically, I was being sarcastic

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
But how much of those 50% tries during the RWC were from mauls? You don't need to hit the back of the line-out for them. Pretty average line-outs can still set-up mauls.

Here's a thought. We will never score another try against the ABs from a rolling maul. What next?

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Aus contested on D at breakdown well enough, made a bit of a mess, kept NZ honest, had to commit numbers, Aus pilfered a few too.

Obviously the lineout went a bit shart shaped.

Re:missed tackles, Wft were the Aus backs doing for a MONTH if they weren’t practicing to defend as a unit? Stay close keep talking! Jesus, you don’t need any bewildering rugby skillset for that, you haven’t even got the fuckin ball! To see zero leg lift Crotty shuffling down the touchline at 3mph en route to trytime was just bizarro land stuff.

His spark and running seem extinguished right now.

i dunno, Foley looked sharp enough when he ran down Fekitoa to save a certain goddamn try

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
People need to brace themselves for an uncomfortable reality.

We are unlikely to beat the All Blacks on a regular basis for the foreseeable future. Our player base is too narrow and our development programmes are inadequate for the players that we do have.

The ANC's enforcement of racial quotas is the only thing likely to keep us remotely competitive with South Africa.

England have a huge and expanding player base and the cashed-up RFU is spending millions on grass roots development as well as elite programmes.

We are going to occupy a place in the rugby universe at about the same level as Scotland and Argentina in the next few years.

There is at least a 10 year time lag between anything that the ARU can do about it and on-field results.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
People need to brace themselves for an uncomfortable reality.

We are unlikely to beat the All Blacks on a regular basis for the foreseeable future. Our player base is too narrow and our development programmes are inadequate for the players that we do have.

The ANC's enforcement of racial quotas is the only thing likely to keep us remotely competitive with South Africa.

England have a huge and expanding player base and the cashed-up RFU is spending millions on grass roots development as well as elite programmes.

We are going to occupy a place in the rugby universe at about the same level as Scotland and Argentina in the next few years.

There is at least a 10 year time lag between anything that the ARU can do about it and on-field results.

In 10 years I expect rugby will again be amateur in Australia and the Wallabies will be selected from OS sides that deign to release them for unimportant matters like test rugby.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Last 3-4 pages pretty much arguing over back positions (same arguments rehashed mostly) and barely a murmur about our completely insipid forward performance where the whole pack pretty much was man-shamed all night. And that was just the breakdowns / tackles. The set piece was rubbish, scrum only slightly less so than lineout.
By all means shake up the backs (some need a rest, some are injured) but we'll be counting big numbers against us next week if the forwards produce that type of display again.
Just sayin'.

Status
Not open for further replies.