• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Bledisloe 2 2023 @ Dunedin 12:35PM Sat 5 Aug

LeCheese

Peter Johnson (47)
Captain_America_Cap.webp.png

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
Is he that effective? Our starting scrum last week was stronger than our finishing scrum is likely to be this week and it was on skates all night. I am yet to see a dominant Wallaby scrum with Will Skelton part of it.
You didn't see the 7 man scrum getting one over Argentina while Arnold was off with a yellow card?

Reactions: dru

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I'd say Gleeson is done for then

The absolute absurdity of selecting (likely) Faessler and Lonergan in the RWC squad off the back of zero minutes played for him.

Is there a chance he does something fucking insane and goes to the RWC with only 2 hookers or 2 halfbacks?

rugbyAU

Nev Cottrell (35)
Same back line and the expected tinkering in the back row. Leaving Slipper at LHP is a sure sign that Tupou will be OK by the RWC. Same locks but different pecking order. Re THP, thinking about it I'm a bit bemused that Tom Roberston wasn't added to the squad instead of Lambert as he can play both sides. Could be in consideration for France though.

So we're going back to a more dynamic 7, T Hooper/Leota/Holloway potentially playing off for the 6 & 20 jerseys, he's seen enough of Jed for now whether that's good or bad.
Robbo’s out of the WC

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Interesting comments from T. Hooper on his performance. Agrees with us that he was passive in his tackles. Quade the sage dishing out that wisdom.

“I probably wasn’t as physical as I would have liked, I probably would have liked to make a bit more stop tackles and probably went hunting a bit too much for the ball, if I’m being critical of myself,” the 22-year-old said.

“I probably changed my game a little bit too much.

“Quade had some really wise words at half time. He said, ‘We need you to play more like a lock than a seven,’ so I probably missed the mark on the tactics on that side of things but if I get the chance that seven jersey again, I’ll definitely rectify those.

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
I'd say Gleeson is done for then

The absolute absurdity of selecting (likely) Faessler and Lonergan in the RWC squad off the back of zero minutes played for him.

Is there a chance he does something fucking insane and goes to the RWC with only 2 hookers or 2 halfbacks?
It's definitely an option given the shadow squad he has managed to organise with around 15 players in Barbarians duty under Australian coaches in the UK at the same time. More likely at halfback than hooker though.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
1. Angus Bell (22 Tests)
2. David Porecki (13 Tests)
3. Pone Fa’amausili (4 Tests)
4. Nick Frost (11 Tests)
5. Richie Arnold (3 Tests)
6. Tom Hooper (2 Tests)
7. Fraser McReight (11 Tests)
8. Rob Valetini (33 Tests)
9. Tate McDermott (c) (24 Tests)
10. Carter Gordon (3 Tests)
11. Marika Koroibete (54 Tests)
12. Samu Kerevi (44 Tests)
13. Jordan Petaia (26 Tests)
14. Mark Nawaqanitawase (5 Tests)
15. Andrew Kellaway (22 Tests)
Finishers
16. Jordan Uelese (18 Tests)
17. James Slipper (130 Tests)
18. Zane Nonggorr (1 Test)
19. Will Skelton (27 Tests)
20. Rob Leota (15 Tests)
21. Nic White (62 Tests)
22. Quade Cooper (79 Tests)
23. Izaia Perese (4 Tests)
Another THP who will last 10 to 20 minutes. Jolly.

Not sure what the point of ditching Skelton is now. Definitely not sure what the point of Richie Arnold is at all. We actually have some decent local talent in guys like Philip, Neville, etc. hell I'd even prefer Holloway or Leota at lock.

400 to nil. Three more achilles injuries. Gordon to kick 7 bombs for a total distance gain of 12 metres.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Another THP who will last 10 to 20 minutes. Jolly.

Not sure what the point of ditching Skelton is now. Definitely not sure what the point of Richie Arnold is at all. We actually have some decent local talent in guys like Philip, Neville, etc. hell I'd even prefer Holloway or Leota at lock.

400 to nil. Three more achilles injuries.
Yeah I don't see how at least one of Slipper, Bell or Pone don't go down hurt.

John S

Chilla Wilson (44)
Relax guys, Pone is good for 2.5 barnstorming kick receipts and a few half-decent scrums, but only when he's playing against Moana Pacifika at AAMI Park.
Yeah, but we're not playing the AB feeder team