• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Bledisloe 2 2023 @ Dunedin 12:35PM Sat 5 Aug

Equalizer

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Hasn't been for 20 years, why change now
I mean once the series is a dead rubber you are no longer playing for the Bledisloe Cup. Might be an added incentive for the Wallabies to actually fire a shot instead of Eddie just shooting his mouth off.

Rugby Head

Watty Friend (18)
1. Bell
2. Porecki
3. Slipper C
4. Frost
5. Skelton
6. Leota
7. L Gleeson
8. Valetini
9. McDermott
10. Cooper
11. Koroibete
12. Kerevi
13. Petaia
14. Nawaqnaitawse
15. Kellaway
16. Faesslar
17. Schoupp
18. Fa'amausili
19. Phillip
20. Samu (Not in squad but should be)
21. White
22. Gordon
23. Perese

Should drop Arnold from the 5 overseas players and bring in Sio, Slipper is now a TH prop. Surely we have some better hookers lurking somewhere. Petaia/ Kellaway can bounce between 13/ 15.

KiwiM

Trevor Allan (34)
Koroibete has the most run metres and tackle busts out of any player from any team in the TRC...

He also played all 3 games. Will Jordan, Mark Telea, Kolbe, Arendse etc did not as there was rotation with ABs and Boks. Marky Mark (Nawaqanitawase) too only played 2 of the 3.

Mr Pilfer

Bob Loudon (25)
1. Bell
2. Porecki
3. Slipper C
4. Frost
5. Skelton
6. Leota
7. L Gleeson
8. Valetini
9. McDermott
10. Cooper
11. Koroibete
12. Kerevi
13. Petaia
14. Nawaqnaitawse
15. Kellaway
16. Faesslar
17. Schoupp
18. Fa'amausili
19. Phillip
20. Samu (Not in squad but should be)
21. White
22. Gordon
23. Perese

Should drop Arnold from the 5 overseas players and bring in Sio, Slipper is now a TH prop. Surely we have some better hookers lurking somewhere. Petaia/ Kellaway can bounce between 13/ 15.

Might be worth resting a couple of players for this one. E.g. is there really any benefit in playing Valetini in this game and risking injury. We know he is a guaranteed starter. Would prefer to give Gleeson or Samu a run at 8 (or Wilson but won't happen). That way you could keep Hooper at 7 if you want or we could try Leota/Samu/Gleeson, imagine that as a backrow

Marce

John Thornett (49)
Might be worth resting a couple of players for this one. E.g. is there really any benefit in playing Valetini in this game and risking injury. We know he is a guaranteed starter. Would prefer to give Gleeson or Samu a run at 8 (or Wilson but won't happen). That way you could keep Hooper at 7 if you want or we could try Leota/Samu/Gleeson, imagine that as a backrow
A good idea and should works in a perfect world. I mean, your last games before the World Cup can't be the ABs and this French side but business are business

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Was going to say same qwerty, it is actually a Bledisloe test, as only reason it is being played! Rugby Championship has finished!

I’ve been wanting to know when we move to that new tournament post World Cup if we have just 1 bledisloe cup game every other year

The test rugby window will look super cramped playing the TRC nations teams and the 6 nations all in the space of one calander year.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I’ve been wanting to know when we move to that new tournament post World Cup if we have just 1 bledisloe cup game every other year

The test rugby window will look super cramped playing the TRC nations teams and the 6 nations all in the space of one calander year.
I actually wish we went back to 1 Bledisloe mate, but guess that just wishful thinking. Even with new comp, I think they will squeeze 2 in.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Maybe Itoje 4 years ago. He has been poor in the last seasons, quite similar to Michael Hooper's situation. One of the best in his position few years ago, now os far away from his prime
His only 28 not 32 .. you would think he was coming into his prime

stillmissit

Chilla Wilson (44)
There's every chance we don't see Kerevi back with the same power and tackle breaking ability this year. While he has clearly been able to return from the ACL injury it's often not until the following season that a player really gets their explosiveness back.

I think it's reasonable to question whether we're best served with Kerevi at 12 who excels as the focal point of the attack when he's on song but maybe isn't the best player for the role if he's not doing that but we do have significant talent outside him.
It'll be interesting to see how he goes this week. If he doesn't step up a bit this week then you may be right. I have a ton of faith in him and expect he will step up.
One thing that pisses me off is when we have lost the Bled, we tend to play well.

stillmissit

Chilla Wilson (44)
I think the backs should be kept as they are and minimal changes in the pigs, other than Gleeson in at 7 if fit and the obvious replacements needed at THP. Let's give this line up a bit more game time to see what they can do together.
I am hopeful you are right about Gleeson, atm I am not convinced he is anywhere near an international standard for a 7.

Mr Pilfer

Bob Loudon (25)

I don’t think there ends up being anymore games. We currently play 3 tests with nth hemisphere teams when they tour here and then we play 3 or 4 when we go there, so we can play all 6 of them in space of a year. We just don’t have 3 game series like we have been.

So should still be room for 2 bledisloe games

The issue I think is it doesn’t leave much room for any games against tier 2 sides.

The limited amount of games Georgia gets against 6 nations teams currently is a joke for example