• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Bledisloe 2 - Wallabies vs All Blacks, Wellington, 27 August 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
1. Scott Sio (19 Tests)
2. Stephen Moore (106 Tests)
3. Sekope Kepu (67 Tests)
4. Kane Douglas (24 Tests)
5. Adam Coleman (1 Test)
6. Scott Fardy (34 Tests)
7. Michael Hooper (55 Tests)
8. David Pocock (57 Tests)
9. Will Genia (67 Tests)
10. Quade Cooper (58 Tests)
11. Dane Haylett-Petty (4 Tests)
12. Bernard Foley (31 Tests)
13. Samu Kerevi (2 Tests)
14. Adam Ashley-Cooper (115 Tests)
15. Israel Folau (42 Tests)
Reserves

16. Tatafu Polota-Nau
17. James Slipper
18. Allan Ala’alatoa
19. Dean Mumm
20. Will Skelton
21. Tevita Kuridrani
22. Reece Hodge
23. Nick Phipps

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Kuridrani on the bench is odd given he can only cover 13, which means a re-shuffle is inevitable if he come onto the field.

I guess there aren't any other options.

Jagman

Trevor Allan (34)
Can't see this being the structure they defend with. Foley switches to 14, Kerevi to 12 and AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) to 13 perhaps?

Sword of Justice

Bill McLean (32)
I really do not understand the contined selection of Sio. I am told that he is a more x factor player than other options at prop but I have never seen that.

I think, like Palu, people expect him to be an explosive player based on the colour of his skin where as he is more of a work horse and scrum technician. In these areas he is certainly not at his best presently.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
I really do not understand the contined selection of Sio. I am told that he is a more x factor player than other options at prop but I have never seen that.

I think, like Palu, people expect him to be an explosive player based on the colour of his skin where as he is more of a work horse and scrum technician. In these areas he is certainly not at his best presently.

Especially when you go a player like Slipper on the bench.

Although an in-form Sio is an awesome Prop. He was immense in the RWC and last year at the Brumbies.

Frank Row (1)

He is actually an explosive and strong ball carrier, but has not showed lately.

Ignoto

Greg Davis (50)
Surely this is fire or be fired for Moore, the Pooper and Foley? The ARU should start contract negotiations around the 2nd/3rd round of the Rugby Championship for some added motivation as well ;)

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Foley's skillset on attack is certainly that of a 12 - consistent solid runner into holes, okay distributor.

Not so sure about defence, and obviously lack of experience.

Although To'omua shined when he came on at 12 beside Cooper - and I don't think he had played a game at 12 either, he was always 10 at the Brumbies before then.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Nah Mumm is backrow cover, Skelton is lock cover. So say goodbye to the line-out in the last 20mins if it's not gone already.

Mumm can play 6, doesn't mean he should or is good enough at this level. Big difference to true back row cover which would have made Timani a smart choice.

Still think he will be looking for 80 from the starting backrow.

Lee Enfield

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Personally, I think if the players named in the starting backs have to be it, I would rather Kerevi at 12 and Foley at 13. Kerevi will create more opportunities for Foley to take advantage of than Foley will create for Kerevi.

Looking forward to hopefully seeing a 10-12-13 Combination of Cooper, Hodge and Kerevi getting a good chunk of game time.

Status
Not open for further replies.