• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Bledisloe #4 New Zealand vs Australia Nov 7 2020

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
No, just means he watches Rugby League where both hits would not have rated anything more than a penalty and the citing commissioner/panel would have exonerated them.

:D sounds good but he dislikes League as much as me I think ;)

John S

Chilla Wilson (44)
:D sounds good but he dislikes League as much as me I think ;)

It's off piste, but it's a worthwhile mention that player safety in League isn't really paramount - how can it be when there's a culture that celebrates players hiding injuries from coaches to keep playing (ala Cameron Smith having to take pain killers before each match for a shoulder injury, and hiding suspected broken ribs from training staff just to play in their final)

(Plus I think I dislike league as much as you guys)

sendit

Bob Loudon (25)
I'm still not seeing what Liam Wright is offering on the bench. He was horribly caught out on Vaa'i's try. Surely Samu or McReight are better options.

Im with you on Wright but thought it was Tupou that fucked up on the Vaa'i try? He was super slow to get to his defensive position and turned his shoulder in horrible as Vaa'i ran at his outside shoulder and straight through the hole

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Tupou was slow but Wright flew off the line so I think both parties should carry some blame.

I wasn't happy with Wright going for the steal in the AB ruck a minute or so before, which prompted Berry to blow the play up for an AB penalty (which Bell gave away). It wasn't a smart thing to do at that time, we needed to slow the ball and chew up time, rather than go for a steal.

He hasn't been dealt a great hand but I can't say he's made a compelling case for a starting jersey....... yet.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Wright has it tough. Hes gunna be third choice for 7 and probably fourth for 6 going forward

Tahtrajic

Ted Fahey (11)
Not sure if anyone has brought this up but has there been a ruling on Ofa Tu’ungafasi ( yes I cut and pasted his last name as I can’t spell)

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^ Hearing went ahead as sheduled but there's been no news nor anything re: why it's taking so long. Makes me think that whatever the sanction there's gunna be some pissed off people.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
First thing I noticed when the Super AU draw was out was Swinton was banned to and incl. Feb 6. Is this just a stuff up?

Tahtrajic

Ted Fahey (11)
^ Hearing went ahead as sheduled but there's been no news nor anything re: why it's taking so long. Makes me think that whatever the sanction there's gunna be some pissed off people.
Thanks that’s I am afraid of. I think Swinton got a harsh penalty but then I think the whole system is rubbish.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
First thing I noticed when the Super AU draw was out was Swinton was banned to and incl. Feb 6. Is this just a stuff up?

No - that would include scheduled Tests remaining this year (2 v Arg) and matches for SRAu according to the proposed schedule.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Tu'ungafasi suspended for 3 weeks, up to and including Saturday 20 February 2021.

6 weeks down to 3 with a full 50% reduction.

I wonder if Swinton's suspension will change given the season dates have now been announced or whether he just got lucky.

Tahtrajic

Ted Fahey (11)
Tu'ungafasi suspended for 3 weeks, up to and including Saturday 20 February 2021.

6 weeks down to 3 with a full 50% reduction.

I wonder if Swinton's suspension will change given the season dates have now been announced or whether he just got lucky.
Thanks for the info
How about they just schedule a couple of TRIALS like the Kiwis did for Sonny B a few years ago

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Thanks for the info
How about they just schedule a couple of TRIALS like the Kiwis did for Sonny B a few years ago

They've removed that loophole because they now list a date.

Swinton may have found a new loophole from the suspension being handed down prior to knowing the dates of his next games (i.e. when Super Rugby starts).