• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Bledisloe II @ Eden Park

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Getting nervous now.

Nervous they'll make wholesale changes for the sake of trialling players for RWC.

The psychological benefit of beating the ABs twice (although my gut says we won't) is enormous.

Too big to pass up, IMO.
Another angle could be Aus are playing the long game. "We've proved we can bash the shit out of you with that lineup and if we can give some other blokes a run and eke out another win then you lot are two ways fucked twice."

Yeah that's bullshit though. You have to reward the guys who did the business last weekend. It could be a once in a playing career shot.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Another angle could be Aus are playing the long game. "We've proved we can bash the shit out of you with that lineup and if we can give some other blokes a run and eke out another win then you lot are two ways fucked twice."

The even longer game: to not win it this year, ensuring Foster becomes the HC (losing the Bledisloe being pretty terminal to ones coaching aspirations within the realm of New Zealand), then take it in 2020 and hold it until he's replaced.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
All Blacks (likely) : 15.Beauden Barrett 14. Sevu Reece 13. Anton Lienert-Brown 12.Sonny Bill Williams 11. George Bridge 10. Richie Mo’unga 9. Aaron Smith 8. Kieran Read (captain) 7. Sam Cane 6. Ardie Savea 5. Sam Whitelock 4. Patrick Tuipulotu 3. Nepo Laulala 2.Dane Coles 1. Joe Moody. Reserves: 16. Codie Taylor 17. Ofa Tu’ungafasi 18. Angus Ta’avao 19. Jackson Hemopo 20. Matt Todd 21. TJ Perenara 22. Ngani Laumape 23. Jordie Barrett.

Ben Smith, Rieko Ioane and Owen Franks have been dumped

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
The even longer game: to not win it this year, ensuring Foster becomes the HC (losing the Bledisloe being pretty terminal to ones coaching aspirations within the realm of New Zealand), then take it in 2020 and hold it until he's replaced.

haha, that is some David Attenborough Nat Geo shit. "See the Australian green and gold deathback spider feign disinterest in the newborn kiwi chick. He lets the tiny bird crawl then slowly walk 5,000 kilometres across the baking outback, a journey taking more than 3 years, and then, just when the fledgling fossicker finally approaches the first watering hole in 3 years of trekking, the Australian green and gold deathback spider let's out a hoary great sheep whistle and some wild feral dingo bastard scoots in and swallows the wee feathered foreign wanker in one gulp. This concludes the evolutionary tale of how the kiwi bird has yet to establish a foothold in Australia's vast outback."

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Supposedly the same starting team, minus Arnold (injured) but AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) on bench.

Breakaway22

Bob McCowan (2)
If this blokes team holds true, can't say I'm too excited for AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) and Simmons. Arnold is a huge loss, however I am too not fussed to see Coleman start with what he showed last week and am keen to see what Liam Wright will do.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
So, I guess AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) for Banks?
Are there other locks in the squad at the moment? Is Philip there?
I realise Jones or LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) could play lock too.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Brumbies’ supporters will melt if AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) is there for Banks. I guess they’re trying to see whether he has any playing value for Japan.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
So no Pocock?

Can you take a bloke who hasnt played a minute in nearly 6 months to the RWC?

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Brumbies’ supporters will melt if AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) is there for Banks. I guess they’re trying to see whether he has any playing value for Japan.

I guess? Not much other logic, really, given Banks has had limited time on the field so hardly an issue of what he has done, or not. Hope he doesn't have to mark Reece. :eek:

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
So no Pocock?

Can you take a bloke who hasnt played a minute in nearly 6 months to the RWC?

The article sounds like they are betting on just that. Bit of a gamble, but if you were going to make it with one player.........Pocock.

Reactions: dru