• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Bledisloe IV 2010 Hong Kong

Status
Not open for further replies.

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
ABs played poorly then good then shocking. Its been some time that I've seen so many ABs fall off tackles and the opposition get over the advantage line with relative ease. Defensively we looked messy and lethargic, and early in the game and right at the death OZ made us pay.

Played like a team of players that have been working their arses off all year... which they are!

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
I don't think that the Blacks were that much better in Sydney, if they were better at all. Sure they didn't have some of their best players but it was strange at the ground to see them playing like anybody else. Then came the egregious McCaw try and they got a sniff and remembered who they were.

But for an hour they were ordinary by their standards and for longer than in Honkers. The difference in the two games was not that the All Blacks played worse in Bled IV than in Bled III, but that Oz held their composure in the last quarter of the game better than they did, something lacking in Sydney. Our bench smacked theirs also, which was part of the last quarter success .

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
This may have been mentioned elsewhere but Spiro is giving G & G a good wrap.

http://www.theroar.com.au/2010/11/04/did-the-wallabies-hong-kong-win-mean-anything/

See this bit:

The Green and Gold website (a mine of useful information) has published a table showing the Australia-New Zealand points difference in their last eleven Tests. The first loss was a 29-point thrashing. Then in the next four Tests up to the retirement of George Smith the points differential was -4, -5, -6, -1.

Rocky Elsom’s first Bledisloe Cup Test as captain showed a points differential of -29. Then we’ve had -13, -21,10, -1 and +2.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Sorry, Lee, not trying to steal your thunder, I started a new thread on Spiro's quote before I got to your post. Happy to acknowledge the article was put up here first.

TerryTate

Allen Oxlade (6)
[video=youtube;xu4RPZFkmD4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xu4RPZFkmD4[/video]

Proof that JOC (James O'Connor) has done it before. Skip to 2:00 to see him winning the game for Nudgee following a try after the siren.

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
[video=youtube;xu4RPZFkmD4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xu4RPZFkmD4[/video]

Proof that JOC (James O'Connor) has done it before. Skip to 2:00 to see him winning the game for Nudgee following a try after the siren.

It also shows how cool as a cucumber he was with the rubbish blowing across the front of the ball prior to kicking it and he didn't miss a beat there whereas others might and pull up a bit then.

Lance Free

Arch Winning (36)
And who said JO'C doesn't have a cutout pass?

I was at this game 'cos one of my boys played for Ipswich Grammar.

You just knew that Rabbit had the goods and was a standout. You just saw above a minimal set of highlights but on the day he controlled the match.

Players for Nudgee included Stefano Hunt (Force) Dom Shipperley (Reds) and Joseph Tomane (Titans RL).

Lama Tasi (Manly RL), Lachie Hall (Roosters RL), Tela Semiti (Sunnybank RFC) for IGS.

Status
Not open for further replies.