• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Bledisloe IV 2010 Hong Kong

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TOCC

just watching the game again, check out 26:00, Joe Rocoko's cleanout technique...lol, reminds me of a little kid

M

Mojoman

I've got to say every Test the AB's and Wallabies have played have been bloody good games this year. Other than the first Bled it's been pretty much down to the wire stuff.

Overall the game was fairly even, like the last 2 Bleds. This time around the Wallabies came home with the win. As Henry has said "they've got to win sometime" so a dead rubber isn't so bad IMO. The Bled/TriNations are safetly locked @ home for this year.

From an AB's fan perspective I hope they never ever never never pick Stephen Donald for a an All Black game again. He is absolute crap and I can't believe he even made the tour after Colin Slade performed all season in Super 14/ITM Cup and managed to close out the last Bled in Sydney. For Donald to come on and miss a very kickable penalty, grubber kick from our 22 and then miss a perfectly sound clearance is unforgiveable.

Only gripe about the reffing I had was @ scrum time. Rolland's indecisive calls meant it disintegrated into finger pointing when the scrum collapsed.

I think the loss is a timely one for the AB's. Hopefully it takes away any complacency that had crept in and kept the senior players on their toes.

Bruce Ross

Ken Catchpole (46)
Pity the girls couldn't get up over Melbourne Uni...

They were outclassed but it was great to once again see distance rowing on our fantastic harbour where there were quite a few craft following. Next year the races will probably be on the Yarra.

Iluvmyfooty

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Exactly. I've almost seen more negative posts after this than after a loss.

I have to agree ith Godfrey and Daz - the hinging is unbelievable.

Lets sum up the opinions on this forum.

After a very good in (yes it asn't perfect) e should

1. Drop the props because thy appeared eak and not as dominant as they previously ere in all their other tests
2. The hooker should be replaced by Finger, but it doesn't matter because TPN ill be back next year
3. The lineout as strong but the 2 locks didn't contribute much. One is too old and the other just stands around
4. Elsom has lost his running game and as a passnger.
5. McCalman didn't kno hat he as doing
6. Thank god for Pocock as it appears he as the only forard there
7. Genia should be replaced by Burgess because h as good hen he came on
8. Everyone believes and nose Cooper can't tackle and should be replaced by Barnes
9. Giteau is passed it (have to agree ith this) and should be replaced by Barnes (makes him a busy boy covering 10 AND 12) or JOC (James O'Connor), ho definitely ill strengthen th mid field defence (same people ho ant him dropped because he can't tackle ant him at 12)
10. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) no comments so must be safe
11. JOC (James O'Connor) like Cooper can't tackle (can score tries and kick goals) so must go and be replaced by Turner a safer and prdictable professional, but can tackle
12. Mitchell made mistakes (but can tackle, beat a man and can finish off breaks) so has to go for someone else
13 Beale best attacking back e have orking off Cooper (ho is to b dropped) has his critics (see earlier and other threads)

So in summary Beale, AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) and Pocock are safe all th others must go. This after beating the darkness after all this time and playing some very good rugby to boot. Thats 12 changes. I said it before and I ill say it again - fucking unbelievable

(sorry for the typing but my vv key doesn't ork)

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
They were outclassed but it was great to once again see distance rowing on our fantastic harbour where there were quite a few craft following. Next year the races will probably be on the Yarra.

The Yarra is awful for distance rowing. It's not that they don't do it but it's so tight.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)

I agree with Gagger, you should copy a w somewhere and paste is where you need to. With that amount of missing letters, through no fault of your own, I find it painful to read over your post.

Good thoughts though, quite correct. I guess to most people sport = escapism and an opportunity to vent. Deep down it seems they'd rather be cursing their losing side then discussing the improvements.

We are without a doubt currently the 2nd best side in the world and we've proven we can beat the best one.

Things are looking up.

M

Mojoman

I have to agree ith Godfrey and Daz - the hinging is unbelievable.

LOL Outstanding..thats the funniest post I've ever come across.

Other than that I agree. Enjoy the win for what it was.

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
Things are looking up.

points-diff-with-HK.png

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Ilmf, hilarious. Don't ditch that keyboard, more please.

hat in impressed you most? here or hat one?

Iluvmyfooty

Phil Hardcastle (33)
I hope my post makes more sense to some than some of the other posts made on this thread.

I did like RugbyReg's rsponse though.

Its not just the victories that impress but the style of football they are playing under Deans. I believe that after the EOYT they'll be acclaimed for the good side they are.

(see I don't need to use that letter)

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
ell done ith your post hich did not include the missing letter from your keyboard. e kne you could do it.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
ahem

hether the eather be fine, Or hether the eather be not,

hether the eather be cold, Or hether the eather be hot, ,

e'll eather the eather, hatever the eather,

hether e like it or not.

Sounds a little like Andy Cap.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Iluvmyfooty - great stuff

Bruce - that went through to the keeper I'm afraid.

RReg - onderful

Bruce Ross

Ken Catchpole (46)
Pity the girls couldn't get up over Melbourne Uni...

Bruce - that went through to the keeper I'm afraid.

Lee, what we were talking about was two long distance rowing match races conducted on the harbour on Sunday morning between the universities of Sydney and Melbourne - women's eights followed by men's eights. It was intended to commemorate the 150th anniversary of the first unofficial race between the two, obviously a men's race.

The intention is to make it an annual event, so logically you would expect that next year it would be held in Melbourne, although:

The Yarra is awful for distance rowing. It's not that they don't do it but it's so tight.

That being so, it might bring a physical contact element to the sport. The advantage of using the Yarra is the proximity of spectators on the river bank to the rowers.

On Sunday the following power craft were labouring to keep up with the rowers. Well crewed eights are an impressive sight, although you have to wonder about people who spend their entire sporting careers going backwards while looking at the back of another bloke's neck.

Status
Not open for further replies.