• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Bledisloe Ticket Prices: Suncorp 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Badger

Bill McLean (32)
Badger, where did you get the ticket prices from? I looked this morning and couldn't find any as they don't appear to go on sale until July sometime? I'm keen to watch a game of Rugby at Eden Park one day and a Bledisloe would be even better! Although I agree with Braveheart - fair chance we'll be getting beaten at Eden Park!

Scoey, You're right. Tickets go on sale on 2 July to the general public. The link below should take you to the Ticketmaster website for the Test.

http://www.ticketmaster.co.nz/event...istid=1131473&majorcatid=10004&minorcatid=694

The atmosphere was great at the only Test I have seen at Eden Park. Really enjoyed it as the Wallabies weren't playing so I could take it in all that was happening.

A

atheniancat

Well married to a passionate All Blacks supporter. Who thinks the best grounds to see a rugby game is Suncorp. Living in Perth is quite costly to go to a game. But last Monday my record is: Airflights: Check; Accommodation: Check; Tickets! Well i have to wait till the 26th to purchase advance rugby supporters tickets. I wil be up at 7am Perth time both on the internet and the phone to ticketek, simutlaneously. Cant sleep! On tenter hooks. Can anyone assure me of the likehood that i will be able to secure two tickets? I hope so! I want to see the Wallabies beat the Allblacks. But then again if i do secure tickets, i probably will only end up wanting one! My husband would die of a heart attack when I present him his ticket!

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
My only experience with buying Bledisloe tickets @ Suncorp Atheniancat, was in 2006 when, if I recall correctly, there hadn't been a Bledisloe in Brisbane for 10 years!

Well the game sold out inside of 20mins and I missed out. The worst part was that within 15 mins of them going on sale, they were on eBay for 10 times the price! :mad:

It will sell out, that is for sure. How quick I don't know. Good luck! Oh and if your other half doesn't want the other ticket, I know someone who would use it! ;)

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
If the main ticketek site is hard to get on to, the mobile site seems to operate from a different server (m.ticketek.com.au).

A

atheniancat

Oh mobile! I will have to learn to use that one! THanks. Its just that flights were cheap for that date. Ticketek have told me there wil be seats available at presale to the public. So by the time sales are out for general public on 2nd July - tickets would already be sold out! Oh well thanks guys. (and i will let you know Scoey if my husband fatally collapses - havent said anything to him, until i secure tickets, if I can! I dont think i would buy ebay tickets! Thats ridiculous, cruel and greedy by the sellers!

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Yes your best bet is presale, but they will only sell a limited number of tickets that way. But the up side is that if you don't secure a presale ticket, you can have another crack come sale date for the gen pop.

And, I didn't buy the eBay tickets on principle either. Scumbags.

tragic

John Solomon (38)
I logged on to ticketek at 0905 on 19th June to get two tickets in the reds member presale. Only availability was row 2 aisle 339 ( on the dead ball line) They were "platinum" seats for $189! What a joke. $189 to see 15m of the game and have to look up at the big screen to see the rest. Will try again for the general sale but surely they are kidding themselves to call those seats platinum. Wonder who got my reds seats on the half way line...

A

atheniancat

That a joke! That do sound like the Bonze ticket Maybe wait for the rugby community presale on the 26th at 9am? From what I interpret maybe not be so hasty and wait for the general sale on 2nd July I think! The obviously released the bad platinums! Which for $189 is a joke! No laughing matter

Bardon

Peter Fenwicke (45)
It's always a good idea to look at the seating map before selecting which band of seats to go for. Quite often the Platinum bands go too far along the side meaning the unsold ones are practically in the corner at most stadia. Gold and Silver can be a better bet, they might be a little further back but you're more likely to be closer to the halfway line with them.

If they were doing the banding properly Platinum bands would stop somewhere close to the 22 metre line. But it seems someone told them being close to the pitch and sideways on is the best view so they went with that. I'm sure they don't mind though because people desperate for a ticket will pay that price and put up with the position of their seat.

Just gives you another thing to grumble about if your team doesn't win and you don't really care that much if your team pulls out a win in a big game.

chequebalance

Bill Watson (15)
After being spooked last time by waiting for the general public sales and nearly missing out just purchased presale (rugby community, gave up my reds ticket) tickets. Had to go gold to get anything on the lower level. Ended up on a corner. Massive price difference between bronze, silver and gold but better then sitting in the nosies or missing out all together risking presale.

teach

Trevor Allan (34)
They only ever put small pockets of tickets on sale during presales.

Not always.
If you are trying for tickets to NZ games get in quick. With pre sales, pretty much all tickets are gone for the AB v SA game in Dunedin on Sept 18. Only ones left are the cheap ones behind the posts. Though I assume package deals are available.

A

atheniancat

For those who have been following my thread I was very anxious to get seats to the Suncorp game, as we were travelling form Perth! At the rugby presales on the first day the 26th June. (both on the internet and speaking to the Ticketek - the BEST AVAILABLE for platinum was beyond the dead ball line (yes for Platinum). Ridiculous yes! And then in the afternoon, there were only single seats available, we wanted two, so I didnt check for the seating placement for these. Today the 29th June I tried to buy on the rugby community password. ANd presto! I got SLIGHT off centre (block 320 I think she said i did check the venue map when i spoke to the Ticketek lady- Row 13! Way way better than the first served best seat! So guys for those that have the rugby community password - ring Ticketek now (despite the internet saying allocation exhausted!) Who knows, I got off centre,, you may score centre seats!!!!

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Congrats atheniancat, we'd also like to hear from you, being married to a 'male' rabid AB supporter, it's a perspective we don't hear about enough here!

Keep us posted on your 'surprise' to your, ahem, not so better half when that happens please!

A

atheniancat

I had to tell him Nasadan! Gives him more time for the anticipation! Rather than last minute. He is still alive, so I have no spare ticket to give! But I cant believe how even after I bought my tickets that there are still just as good ticket left.I thought first in best dressed seats! Especially when they give presale tickets tot he most ardent fans. And it is set up, it appears the general public get the better seats!

Status
Not open for further replies.