• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Blue Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Spook said:
Who was saying that? 8)

A few people - of the sides who had the potential to get into the finals, the Tahs were best-placed to knock the Bulls off:

1) They'd been playing defense footy all year, perfectly suited to finals

2) They have the best forward pack at the set piece

3) They'd just won three games on the trot - all away

4) They would have had nearly a month to adjust to the time zone.

Still don't reckon they would have done it though.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
cyclopath said:
Congrats Bulls, and also to Blue (if he ever resurfaces!!). Should we send out a Scarf search party?

Thanks mate. Just surfaced from under the doona and its not because of the gold substance but the flu (no swine fortunately).

I'm still dumbfounded. What a performance.

The most satisfying aspect of the win is that it erases the doubts of 1997. Our Kiwi friends didn't really rate the 1997 win, citing the absence of their heavies. Well there can be no questions this time around.

Most exciting for me is that, Kirchner and Steyn furthered their claims and only an act of lunacy can keep them out of the Bok setup now. Also, Matfield has hit form at the right time.

Lee:
What to do about Olivier, indeed. Jean de Villiers is a central figure in the Bok squad and it's hard to see him being left out.

He is more versatile that Olivier though so I would shift him to 13 and would like to see a backline of:
15 Kirchner
14 Jacques Fourie / JP Pietersen
13. JdV
12. Olivier
11. Habana
10 Steyn
9 du Preez

Defensively that is the best backline SA could put on the park. You would probably see 12 and 13 alternate a lot and they will be potent in attack with Olivier running hard and straight off JdV. Olivier has a big pass both ways which in space could cause all sorts of problems for the Lions.

Pienaar
Jacobs
Fourie / JP are the bench backs.

S

Spook

NTA said:
Spook said:
Who was saying that? 8)

A few people - of the sides who had the potential to get into the finals, the Tahs were best-placed to knock the Bulls off:

Well the Kiwis sides couldn't attack the Bulls set piece where the Tahs are strong so you never know..

The Tahs blew a good opportunity this year.

rustycruiser

Billy Sheehan (19)
Blue said:
Thanks mate. Just surfaced from under the doona and its not because of the gold substance but the flu (no swine fortunately).

Now, now. Every Dutchman north of the Jukskei is using the "flu" excuse to explain the Klippies and Coke hangover away today. ;)

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
NTA said:
Spook said:
Who was saying that? 8)

To summarise:

The Chiefs didn't have a finals footy game; voila 61-17 in the final

The Tahs never stopped playing theirs

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
rustycruiser said:
Blue said:

Now, now. Every Dutchman north of the Jukskei is using the "flu" excuse to explain the Klippies and Coke hangover away today. ;)
Maybe the perfect time to renew his ban, just to get over it, Doc? :lmao:

The Brutes was just outstanding and when they are in this kind of mood , distroying to say the least. Thats the way I know, I just knew the minute they get to the top of the log, no team will beat that lot in the Ring. The experiense boot on that Brute feet is just to heavy at the moment.

But dont worry, we'll klap them in the CC!

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
You're only as good as your opposition lets you be. The problem with the Chiefs is their forwards were just good enough to compete with most packs, while their backs could carve up with just enough space. Sounds like Wallaby teams of the past...

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
Chiefs: Tried vey hard, under-gunned.

Bulls: Magnificent, no other way to describe them. Smart, skillful, hard, fast, well drilled and thoroughly coordinated mongrels. Well thought and well played.

Is there a Bulls v EEELs game coming up?

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Biffo said:
Is there a Bulls v EEELs game coming up?
The British & Irish Lions wont play them but they have some nasty matches coming up, SA Lions, Cheetahs, Sharks & WP all stack up over the next two weeks. If they survive these they should be in good shape I think.

The Brutes next game is vs our Lions on July 11 in the first round of CC and WP will visit them the next week in the Ring.

R

Red Beard

Congratulations to the Bulls, they were magnificent. We were bloody lucky to come second. The atmosphere was tremendous, a real credit to the home crowd, the way they get behind their team.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
This one for Blue their new flyhalf
http://jv.news24.com/Rapport/Kaap-Rapport/0,,752-799_2527349,00.html

Die Paarl word nie verniet as die groothandelaars van Springbok-rugby beskou nie. In die Paarl word Springbokke soos orrelpypies grootgemaak. So elke twee jaar is daar ’n Paarliet wat vir die Bokke gekies word.

Chester Williams, Tinus Linee, Jean de Villiers, Guthro Steenkamp, Wayne Julies . . . Kom ons stop maar, want hierdie kolom gaan nie lank genoeg wees om almal te noem nie. Maar u kry die idee?
:lmao:

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Paarl you might create the odd Bok down there by you need to be more concerned to keep people like Francis in the Cape. Why the heck was he allowed to go and you get a carthorse like de Waal in?

Hougaard, Steenkamp and now Francis to the Bulls? Someone should lose their job over that.

Anyway. Looks a fine player. Thought he was injured?

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Nope he was playing from the bench all through the S14.

Ja its quite difficult to keep all the talent. De Waal is a WP routed player and Rassie hook him back for obvious reason, they have a history.

But its pretty exciting just look at the current school boy talent we have. Sam Lane's boy now getting Craven Week and the Academy Boishaaier Hauptfleish going to Crusaders and only 17 year of age. WP played a 18 year old Paarl Gimmie, Jurgen Visser, the past weekend in their warmup against EP and the kid played one hellof a match and just maybe he'll play on saturday from the bench against the Lions.

The talent were always here and you can only use that much but it look like Rassie now try and hold on to the best around. Duvenhage another example.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
PaarlBok said:
This one for Blue their new flyhalf
http://jv.news24.com/Rapport/Kaap-Rapport/0,,752-799_2527349,00.html

Die Paarl word nie verniet as die groothandelaars van Springbok-rugby beskou nie. In die Paarl word Springbokke soos orrelpypies grootgemaak. So elke twee jaar is daar ’n Paarliet wat vir die Bokke gekies word.

Chester Williams, Tinus Linee, Jean de Villiers, Guthro Steenkamp, Wayne Julies . . . Kom ons stop maar, want hierdie kolom gaan nie lank genoeg wees om almal te noem nie. Maar u kry die idee?
:lmao:

Nearly pissed myself laughing too.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
PaarlBok said:
Nope he was playing from the bench all through the S14.

Ja its quite difficult to keep all the talent. De Waal is a WP routed player and Rassie hook him back for obvious reason, they have a history.

But its pretty exciting just look at the current school boy talent we have. Sam Lane's boy now getting Craven Week and the Academy Boishaaier Hauptfleish going to Crusaders and only 17 year of age. WP played a 18 year old Paarl Gimmie, Jurgen Visser, the past weekend in their warmup against EP and the kid played one hellof a match and just maybe he'll play on saturday from the bench against the Lions.

The talent were always here and you can only use that much but it look like Rassie now try and hold on to the best around. Duvenhage another example.

There was news article doing the rounds a week or two ago that Francis had done his knee in training for the emerging Boks but seems he is OK.

I am sure there is a lot of talent. WP / Stormers need to figure out how to keep the good ones and they are not doing enough of that. Part of the problem I reckon.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Blue said:
There was news article doing the rounds a week or two ago that Francis had done his knee in training for the emerging Boks but seems he is OK.

Yep you got it spot on
Two called into Emerging Springboks squad

Vodacom Western Province flyhalf Willem de Waal and Vodacom Free State Cheetahs
winger Danwel Demas were called into the Emerging Springboks squad on Tuesday.

The pair replace Xerox Lions fullback/wing Louis Ludik and Vodacom Blue Bulls
flyhalf Burton Francis who have withdrawn through injury. The Emerging Springboks
face the British & Irish Lions at Newlands in Cape Town on Tuesday, 23 June.
now I dont think I'll visit Newlands for this game. ::)

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
PaarlBok said:
Blue said:

Yep you got it spot on
Two called into Emerging Springboks squad

Vodacom Western Province flyhalf Willem de Waal and Vodacom Free State Cheetahs
winger Danwel Demas were called into the Emerging Springboks squad on Tuesday.

The pair replace Xerox Lions fullback/wing Louis Ludik and Vodacom Blue Bulls
flyhalf Burton Francis who have withdrawn through injury. The Emerging Springboks
face the British & Irish Lions at Newlands in Cape Town on Tuesday, 23 June.
now I dont think I'll visit Newlands for this game. ::)

Oh dear.

De Waal. For what possible reason do they need this guy? What did Potgieter do wrong?

They have to start Francis ffs. :mad:

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
PaarlBok said:
Francis is out injured. Demas ::)

I would love to hear the explanation how a carthorse like De Waal could be considered to be "Emerging"

I read an article in the latest SA Rugby mag last night about the troubles in WP and the Cape and Rassie made a huge mistake signing this guy. He added a significant amount to the Stormers inability to score tries.

Now he is going to fuck up the emerging Bok back line. Brilliant. What is it that you guys smoke in the Cape?

What did Potties and Naas Olivier do wrong? They are both far better players.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Dunno Blue, if they want to pick a player of colour for this game I'll give Ricardo Croy a go. He has been outstanding in the Vodacom Cup for SWD. Beat WP on his own in George and I'll rate him higher then your Paarl Orrelpyp, altho he is also one but from Paarl Gym.

Status
Not open for further replies.