• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Blues v Reds, Super Rugby Wk 17, 2018 Fri 29 June 17:35

Status
Not open for further replies.

lou75

Ron Walden (29)
on the one hand, it's a Blues home game, which for most teams, is an advantage, but not so for the Blues. Then for the Reds, its an away game, also, not an advantage for them. Then we have to factor in the break - and for the Blues, as DP has alluded to many times, that means buckets of KFC and hours of Netflix. On the other hand, for the Reds it means Fortitude valley parties and abysmal coaching. Not sure which team will lose least.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
on the one hand, it's a Blues home game, which for most teams, is an advantage, but not so for the Blues. Then for the Reds, its an away game, also, not an advantage for them. Then we have to factor in the break - and for the Blues, as DP has alluded to many times, that means buckets of KFC and hours of Netflix. On the other hand, for the Reds it means Fortitude valley parties and abysmal coaching. Not sure which team will lose least.

It screams out for an Avatar Bet.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Cannot believe, in the space of 1 week, after a month of All Black test match rugby, that we have to go back to this shit. "Welcome back from the moon, Mr Armstrong. Your wife called and said the toilet overflowed and flooded the whole house with faeces. Again, Sir, welcome back from the moon."
that means buckets of KFC and hours of Netflix.
that was just for a bye week. Imagine what happens when the braindead half-arsed slackers get a whole MONTH off. In that length of time, half of them would have completely forgotten they were rugby players in the first place. Which, really, they weren't. Tana probably dropped them off down the job centre 3 weeks ago and theyve already moved into postings more suited to their particular talents. Meter man in the outback. Parking booth attendant (also in the outback). KFC taxidermist. That sort of thing.

The torpedo

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Something's going to be played on Friday night, but I doubt it will be rugby.

Blues by somewhere between 1-10 points.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
You know much as I think I not really interested, I know I will be!!:( Bugger it all I am a rugby tragic, I even interested to see how these 2 teams go!!

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
A few guys have finally returned from injury. Most notably Blake Gibson, who will be making his first appearance of the season (!). He's far and away our best openside, and a fringe All Black, so will hopefully make a big impact at the breakdown.

1. Alex Hodgman
2. James Parsons
3. Ofa Tu'ungafasi
4. Gerard Cowley-Tuioti
5. Matiaha Martin
6. Jerome Kaino
7. Blake Gibson
8. Akira Ioane
9. Augustine Pulu (C) or Sam Nock
10. Stephen Perofeta
11. Caleb Clarke
12. Rieko Ioane
13. Michael Collins
14. Melani Nanai
15. Matt Duffie

16. Matt Moulds/Leni Apisai
17. Pauliasi Manu
18. Sione Mafileo
19. Jacob Pierce
20. Murphy Taramai
21. Jonathan Ruru
22. Bryn Gatland
23. TJ Faiane/Tumua Manu

Collins is a solid fullback/winger, but I'm not sure how much of a centre he'll make. I'd suggest that Faiane could've started at second five, Ioane at centre and Collins on the bench, but Faiane is probably under an injury cloud again. Clarke and Nanai will give the backline a lot more punch than it's had since about Round 2.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Reds team to face the Blues
1. JP Smith – GPS
2. Brandon Paenga-Amosa – Sunnybank
3. Taniela Tupou – Brothers
4. Harry Hockings – University of Queensland
5. Kane Douglas – Norths
6. Lukhan Tui – Souths
7. George Smith – Brothers
8. Scott Higginbotham (C) – Wests
9. Moses Sorovi – Wests
10. Hamish Stewart – Bond University
11. Eto Nabuli – Souths
12. Duncan Paia’aua – Norths
13. Samu Kerevi – Souths
14. Jordan Petaia – Wests
15. Jono Lance – University of Queensland
Reserves
16. Alex Mafi – Bond University
17. Harry Hoopert – Brothers
18. Ruan Smith – GPS
19. Caleb Timu - Souths
20. Angus Scott-Young – University of Queensland
21. Tate McDermott – University of Queensland
22. Aidan Toua – Easts
23. Filipo Daugunu – Wests

Strewthcobber

Andrew Slack (58)
Blues haven't won at home in the last 7 matches and the Reds haven't won in NZ for 11 matches.
I'm tipping a draw and the continuation of both streaks.

Also, Reds have 2 wins away in their last 23 matches (Rebels in 2017 and Jags this year)

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Not televised here on the 666th Pitcairns parallel. Am I going to bolt home from work like jazz shot from the cock of Thor to scramble around online for an infuriatingly spittle-flecked stream that just serves to even further ragingly incense myself?

Only 43% likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.