• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Blues v Reds, Super Rugby Wk 17, 2018 Fri 29 June 17:35

Status
Not open for further replies.

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
Not televised here on the 666th Pitcairns parallel. Am I going to bolt home from work like jazz shot from the cock of Thor to scramble around online for an infuriatingly spittle-flecked stream that just serves to even further ragingly incense myself?

Only 43% likely.

I am suspecting auto correct is at play in your post, or is Thor a jazz music fan?

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Playing Rieko Ioane at 2nd 5 for the Blues is like shoving him under the hood of a car stuck going 20 mph and then wondering "why isn't this car going any faster?"

Warpath

Billy Sheehan (19)
Julian refused to play anywhere but 11 thus why his career died early, Rieko can play both wings and both centres and barring a large hefty payday at a french club, he will be an All Black for the next 12 years..

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
Perese copped a knock on the weekend, CFS is gone for the season. Daugunu would probably feel robbed of the spot. BUT Nabuli's size should give the backs a second crash baller whereas Daugunu gives the team another light footed player.

Why do I feel I have witnessed that statement 23 times since CFS started playing with the Reds?

Warpath

Billy Sheehan (19)
This might be the last time the Ioanes play for the Blues at Eden Park.

doubt that, when you are the 2 best players in a team, there is a good chance of you maintaining your All Black places, if anything, players on the fringe or those playing backup to starting All Blacks may all move to the Blues as its a great way to ensure you become a starting player. HURRICANES Asafa Aumua has more chance of making the AB's 23 if he leaves canes and joins the blues as he has no chance of starting ahead of current canes hookers, Coles (AB first choice) and Ricitelli (possible Ab hopeful)

KiwiM

Nev Cottrell (35)
doubt that, when you are the 2 best players in a team, there is a good chance of you maintaining your All Black places, if anything, players on the fringe or those playing backup to starting All Blacks may all move to the Blues as its a great way to ensure you become a starting player. HURRICANES Asafa Aumua has more chance of making the AB's 23 if he leaves canes and joins the blues as he has no chance of starting ahead of current canes hookers, Coles (AB first choice) and Ricitelli (possible Ab hopeful)

I disagree.

Rieko is a locked in AB starter wherever he plays his Super Rugby so it's really about Akira.

Akira is on the fringes and yet to play an AB test. He has obvious work ons and if he went to the Hurricanes he'd link up with an outstanding coach (Plumtree).

As for Aumua - I understand your point but his issue has been his injury - there will be plenty of opportunity for him when he is fit - Coles is getting on these days and I imagine his game time (Coles) will therefore be more managed moving forward.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Not heard anything. I'm assuming it has to be based off more that one Instagram post from the end of last year?

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I've heard from a couple of sources that Akira is off to the Hurricanes. Read today that Rieko might be off too.

Geez that would hurt if true and even as a Canes supporter I don't know if I would want it to happen. I would be a little surprised if Reiko would go to the Canes though, or by geez the Canes would be cutting loose a good back or 2 to afford him!

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Jeez Brad Thorn's on screen interview has got so much better.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.