• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Blues v Reds, Super Rugby Wk 17, 2018 Fri 29 June 17:35

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I think Tupou's problem with tackle is something he does quite a bit, and he certainly not trying to cannonball, but I have noticed it before when he goes in to some of those close in tackles I think he loses his balance and put's his hand down to hold himself up, so ends up as a no arms tackle.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Surprised Sir didn't at least review the high shot, looked pretty nasty (but clearly there'd have been nothing in it so why bother?).

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
UTG: the problem with your argument is that the lifting tackle was a lifting tackle as defined by the Laws, and the "cannonball" tackle was a no-arm(s) tackle as defined by the Laws. If you want to argue that the Law (s) in question are wrong then fine, have at it, but surely you can't be seriously suggesting that either Yellow was wrong in Law. Similarly the Folau decision was spot-on in terms of the Laws (which in that case are probably at least a part-ass).
My argument is that no one is objective and any decision that is made by the letter of the law is going to be protested especially if people can say “rugby’s gone soft”. I just think it’s a bit much to be asking for objectivity on an Australian Rugby thread, nothing personal.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
I cry, how can something I love so much put me through this year after year?

I need counseling, I need to find a life the Reds do not inhabit in any form, for my own sanity and my family happiness.

Sent from my SM-J710GN using Tapatalk
All of Shakespeare’s greatest works were tragedies.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
You know the bored was full of criticsm for the Reds tackling early in the season against the Rebels, and perhaps they still need to work on it a bit, mainly young fellas doing the problem tackles tonight, and just especially in Petaia's case just a bit over eager I thought. Other one that was noticed was Timu wasn't it? Young fellas just get a little excited I think. All in all not a game I need to watch again.
Great to see Reds run over and clap Kaino onto field at beginning, quite a class act I thought.

Reactions: TSR

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I really not sure what B Thorn is trying to do, he seems to make some selections , then almost seems to decide during the game he wasn't sure so he changes them. I sure it not helping the players to get confidence !

Status
Not open for further replies.