• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Blues vs Brumbies - Round 15

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghibli

Ted Thorn (20)
Brumbies have not been shining lately, and the Blues are a strong team.
If the Brums don't recover their best form soon, I am afraid it will be difficult to top the conference.
Loss of George Smith a huge blow, on top of the loss of Pocock already - need to show attributes despite injury toll.

Bruwheresmycar

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Hopefully Jake White gets them back on track and the Brumbies get a good win, which they should do with that squad, even with injuries.

Saying that, you could say the same thing about JK and his team. This might turn into an emotional game of rugby with so much on the line (both team's top 3 chance on the line).

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
The Brumbies should get up for this one and realistically have a great run home. Even if they lose this one they're still a strong chance to top the Aussie conference.

The Blues have a lot to play for though. If they lose this game it will be very hard for them to make the finals.

Ghibli

Ted Thorn (20)
Except the match vs the Sharks in Durban this year, in the last 18 months the Brumbies played their best rugby with Lilo at 10.
Toumua is a strong player, but he's not a playmaker.
I think this is one of the underlaying reasons why the Brumbies are not playing to their potential ATM.
Put Lilo stable at 10, the whole outlook changes.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
I hope the Blues turn up fired up for this one. They don't have an easy home run and winning this game after the loss last week MUST be a good performance. Apart from the Rebels game (does every team that plays the Rebels suddenly decide that defence is optional for that one game?!) their defence has been pretty good.......hopefully it continues this week and the attacking spark is back.

GO THE BLUES!!

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Apart from the Rebels game (does every team that plays the Rebels suddenly decide that defence is optional for that one game?!)

Selling the Rebels a bit short there, they just played the Crusaders, Chiefs, Blues and Stormers and scored pretty easily. Credit their attack.

Cosmo Jones

Allen Oxlade (6)
Brumbies definately have it in them IF they dont shrink in attack like they did against the Tahs, need to get back to their strong attacking rugby and hit the fringes hard with Tomane and Speit.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Selling the Rebels a bit short there, they just played the Crusaders, Chiefs, Blues and Stormers and scored pretty easily. Credit their attack.

Yeah....I don't know. I mean, if you look at their line-up, it doesn't shout 'unstoppable' attack at you like a lot of other teams do........but they are definitely scoring a lot of points - the opposition is just scoring more!

bloodred

Fred Wood (13)
The Brumbies should get up for this one and realistically have a great run home. Even if they lose this one they're still a strong chance to top the Aussie conference.

The Blues have a lot to play for though. If they lose this game it will be very hard for them to make the finals.

I agree here but I also feel the Brums are going to struggle with confidence after last week. We will see

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
DAMN!!

Luatua is out for this one and it looks like Ta'avao is as well.

Please retire after this year Ali so we can seriously start getting some good young locks coming thru!!

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Brumbies

1. Sio
2. Moore
3. Alexander
4. Fardy
5. Carter
6. Kimlin
7. C Fainga'a
8. Mowen
9. White
10. To'omua
11. Tomane
12. Lealiifano
13. Kuridrani
14. Speight
15. Mogg

16. Siliva
17. R Smith
18. Smiler
19. Auelua
20. Prior
21. Coleman
22. Rathbone

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Ali is only retiring from ABs Bullrush, I wouldn't imagine the Blues would want him to go for a year or two, I certainly wouldn't if I coached them!!
Bugger about Latua being out this weekend!!

humanbeast

Ted Fahey (11)
Tight game, must win for both I can't split them and I'm torn between wanting an aussie side to beat the kiwis at home and wanting the reds to top the conference

Merrow

Arch Winning (36)
How about a win to the Brumbies and maybe the Tahs and a chance to get 3 sides in the top 6.

Reactions: Ash

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
I'd take a win to the Reds with a bonus point, and a win to the Brumbies and Tahs (Tahs optionally with a BP). Although nothing against the Rebels, I normally cheer for them and like watching them play.

Merrow

Arch Winning (36)
And throw in a draw between the Crusaders and the Chiefs for good measure ;)
And a bonus point for the Brumbies as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.