• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Blues vs Brumbies - Round 15

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Brumbies should go back to playing attacking rugby.​

Shit when do they do that. Thought they always kick the ball back, work VERY hard for a mistake/turnover the have a crack at the line .
Great stategy - has worked well for them up to recently.

Think the Brums are going to do it tough against the Blues. Blues by 12

happy enough for a win for the Tahs and Reds, each with a BP

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Blues will be tough at home but are missing key players. The Brumbies could pinch it if its dry.

Surely the Brumbies would prefer a wet track. The missing players from the Blues are Luatua and Ta'avao.....big ball-carrying, hard-hitting forwards.

A dry trck would suit Ranger, Saili, Piatau, Moala and Halai to a tee I'd say.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Question about the Brumbie's disallowed try.......

The ball was kicked by the Blues and has rebounded off Fardy's legs......

When does that not become a "charge down" but a kick?

ACR

Bob Davidson (42)
I think the Brumbies are too well organized for the razzle dazzle Blues.

Yeah, these conditions are always going to suit the Brumbies over the Blues. One team is better in the forwards and one in the backs, pretty clear.

Blues are making those pure "intellectually challenged" mistakes, which never helps. Retallick showing all the skills of an ex-Highlanders lock.

Merrow

Arch Winning (36)
I'd like to celebrate the Brumbies being ahead at half time but both sides are capable of Jekyll and Hyde matches. That being said, what a try from Nic White :)

ACR

Bob Davidson (42)
Brumbies getting away with a lot at the breakdown.. mostly not supporting their weight when they challenge. All depends which referee you get I guess.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Unconvincing from the Brumbies in that second half........

But hey, they won at least.........

The Blues' outside backs are capable of so much damage and I'm glad the Brumbies were able to hold them off for a single try.........

ACR

Bob Davidson (42)
Well done Brumbies, simple stuff. Dour bloody rugby but the conditions suited the game plan.

Ghibli

Ted Thorn (20)
Shit when do they do that. Thought they always kick the ball back, work VERY hard for a mistake/turnover the have a crack at the line .
Great stategy - has worked well for them up to recently.

Think the Brums are going to do it tough against the Blues. Blues by 12

happy enough for a win for the Tahs and Reds, each with a BP
Sure.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Unfortunately the Blues didn 't play the conditions well enough especially without Luatua.

How bloody good is Ranger though. Pilfers, big hits, breaks tackles, speed....I hope he's in the AB startining line-up cos there's mot really much he doesn't do.....

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Relieved after that win. Finals spot again looking better. But what are the Brums about at scrum time in their own territory. Always holding the ball in and putting on a second shove, but in those conditions it almost every time resulted in turnover ball. Should leave that tactic to attacking 5m scrums and concentrate on getting quick ball at other times.

humanbeast

Ted Fahey (11)
Relieved after that win. Finals spot again looking better. But what are the Brums about at scrum time in their own territory. Always holding the ball in and putting on a second shove, but in those conditions it almost every time resulted in turnover ball. Should leave that tactic to attacking 5m scrums and concentrate on getting quick ball at other times.

I think you will find that's a saffa thing, if you have a dominant scrum play for the penalty at the scrum kick the ball 40m down field

Status
Not open for further replies.