• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Blues Vs Rebels Round 10 @ Eden Park

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
I thought Tana might be the saviour for Auckland but he can't select a team to save himself.
  1. Tu'ungafasi should be starting at LHP and playing 65 minutes instead of playing 35 minutes at THP. Earlier in the year Tu'ungafasi at LHP was absolute dynamite! With Weeks out the Rebel scrum is very vulnerable.
  2. How Akira Ioane can't get a starting place is beyond me. The guy is a bit of a cheap shot merchant but he sure can play.
  3. Tevita Li instead of Nanai? FFS! Nanai only gets on the bench if Duffie fails to recover.
  4. This is Rieko's last game before he goes back to sevens but earlier this year he was coming off the bench! Impossible to understand.
I still think the Blues will win this in a canter. Neutralise a couple of players and the Rebels have no firepower.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
If the Rebels lose I guess they can at least console themselves with the fact that they'll be leaving Aukland immediately after.

Our thoughts and sympathies lie, as always, with our friends across the ditch. Curious inhabitants of a large-ish pacific island nation, wholly dependent on a milking herd and taxpayer-funded fantasy movie franchises.

Shame about Lorenzo. Hagan is still a bit of an unknown quantity for mine.

GoMelbRebels

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Rebeel team to face the Blues...

Attachments

• BLUvREB.JPG
    BLUvREB.JPG
    93.2 KB · Views: 166

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
If the Rebels lose I guess they can at least console themselves with the fact that they'll be leaving Aukland immediately after.

Our thoughts and sympathies lie, as always, with our friends across the ditch. Curious inhabitants of a large-ish pacific island nation, wholly dependent on a milking herd and taxpayer-funded fantasy movie franchises.

Shame about Lorenzo. Hagan is still a bit of an unknown quantity for mine.
C'mon, Awklund is a great little spot (to change flights).

I think Hagan has been pretty good (apart from when he wasn't watching last week!). He seems to be getting fitter and more used to the pace of the game but it will be interesting to see if he can go for an hour or more.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Blues: 15 Lolagi Visinia, 14 Rieko Ioane, 13 George Moala, 12 Piers Francis, 11 Tevita Li, 10 Ihaia West, 9 Bryn Hall, 8 Steven Luatua, 7 Tanerau Latimer, 6 Jerome Kaino, 5 Josh Bekhuis, 4 Patrick Tuipulotu or Hoani Matenga, 3 Charlie Faumuina, 2 James Parsons (c), 1 Sam Prattley. Replacements: 16 Quentin MacDonald, 17 Nic Mayhew or Namatahi Waa, 18 Ofa Tu’ungafasi, 19 Akira Ioane, 20 Kara Pryor, 21 Billy Guyton, 22 Matt McGahan, 23 Melani Nanai or Matt Duffie

Rebels: 15 Jonah Placid, 14 Cam Crawford, 13 Reece Hodge, 12 Tamati Ellison, 11 Sefa Naivalu, 10 Jack Debreczeni, 9 Nic Stirzaker (c), 8 Adam Thomson, 7 Sean McMahon, 6 Jordy Reid, 5 Lopeti Timani, 4 Luke Jones, 3 Jamie Hagan, 2 James Hanson, 1 Toby Smith. Replacements: 16 Pat Leafa, 17 Cruze Ah Nau, 18 Tim Metcher, 19 Sam Jeffries, 20 Colby Fainga’a, 21 Ben Meehan, 22 Sione Tuipul

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
C'mon, Awklund is a great little spot (to change flights).

I think Hagan has been pretty good (apart from when he wasn't watching last week!). He seems to be getting fitter and more used to the pace of the game but it will be interesting to see if he can go for an hour or more.
agree seems to be adapting pretty well but 60 + mins will test him.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
Realistically though, this is a no-lose proposition for the Blues.

A nation's worst side should succumb to another nation's best.

The Re-bills will plug away in their disenfranchised expansion lottery way. Go thru the patterns in their tedious, unwatchable what's-this-shit-maybe-there's-something-on-the-movie-channel manner. The Blues, from rugby country, from Onehunga to Otahuhu, natural talent all over the park, only need Rieko Ioane, or Melanie Nanai, or anyone really, to catch jailbreak fever for 30 seconds and that'll get them over the hump

you seem rather bullish this week !

did the postage with the repaired plastic doll arrive on Pitcairn ?

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)

Can't help but notice that despite some world class baiting & goading from Pitcairn's favourite son, none of youse Melbourne hipster types have the cojones to call him out for a signature & avatar bet: dissing D'Auckland is like shooting diseased fish in the barrel that caused them to be diseased, show some old-fashioned Vic pride ffs.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
Can't help but notice that despite some world class baiting & goading from Pitcairn's favourite son, none of youse Melbourne hipster types have the cojones to call him out for a signature & avatar bet: dissing D'Auckland is like shooting diseased fish in the barrel that caused them to be diseased, show some old-fashioned Vic pride ffs.
generally we are far too smart to bet against any NZ rugby team at Eden Park. i will quietly bask in the glow if we win and be happy to read DP's posts if we lose.

GoMelbRebels

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
generally we are far too smart to bet against any NZ rugby team at Eden Park. i will quietly bask in the glow if we win and be happy to read DP's posts if we lose.
Eden Park can't be that special. They are talking about tearing it down and there appears to be a distinct lack of "up in arms".

G

galumay

The Rebs havent been able to win against any of the higher ranked teams, the Bloos might lie low on the table but the home ground advantage will help the bloos get this one. Mind you its impossible to discount the bloos somehow cocking it up and finding a way to fashion a loss - its their special talent.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
haha, i typed out a pile of horseshit this morning after site admin commissioned me for a prematch front page stoush with some foreign psycho named "Dazza" but the bloke seems to have wandered off, maybe preoccupied crocheting doilies for his domineering nana...... so rather then delete the nonsense i just dumped the whole lot on page 1 of this thread. Yes, i know, in hindsight, should have deleted haha

Yes, both mother and daughter are doing fine.

Thank you.

ps I named the child "Byronella".

Like salmonella but even uglier.

Status
Not open for further replies.