• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Blues vs Stormers - R12 - 03 May 13

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brisbok

Cyril Towers (30)
Blues:
15 Charles Piutau, 14 Frank Halai, 13 Francis Saili, 12 Jackson Willison, 11 Rene Ranger, 10 Chris Noakes, 9 Piri Weepu, 8 Peter Saili, 7 Luke Braid, 6 Steven Luatua, 5 Ali Williams (c), 4 Culum Retallick, 3 Angus Ta'avao, 2 Keven Mealamu, 1 Tom McCartney.
Replacements: 16 Quentin MacDonald, 17 Ofa Tu'ungafasi, 18 Anthony Boric, 19 Brendon O'Connor, 20 Jamison Gibson-Park, 21 Baden Kerr, 22 Lolagi Visinia.

Stormers:

15 Joe Pietersen, 14 Gio Aplon, 13 Juan de Jongh, 12 Jean de Villiers (c), 11 Bryan Habana, 10 Gary van Aswegen, 9 Dewaldt Duvenage, 8 Duane Vermeulen, 7 Rynhardt Elstadt, 6 Siya Kolisi, 5 Andries Bekker, 4 De Kock Steenkamp, 3 Frans Malherbe, 2 Deon Fourie, 1 Steven Kitshoff.
Replacements: 16 Scarra Ntubeni, 17 Pat Cilliers, 18 Eben Etzebeth, 19 Nizaam Carr, 20 Louis Schreuder, 21 Elton Jantjies, 22 Damian de Allende.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
+1 re Fourie

Cracker of a game this.

Ysterbeth back on the pine. Oh yes.

FazzDog

Frank Nicholson (4)
+2 re Fourie

Tipping Stormers by 3 at the moment. Too many good players returning for them and looks like they are finding some form after the 'Canes win.

Blues will be tired after their game against the Reds last week - so many tackles! And so many errors on their part.

Stormers at home with a full stadium behind them to win.

whatty

Bob Loudon (25)
I have yet to go to a stormers game where they have lost in Auckland. Let us hope I have not just jinxed this.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
I thought this game was at Eden Park? (Which is almost home advantage for any SA team if the Blues fans don't turn up and half the Nth Shore does!!) I've been to a couple of games when it felt like there were more people going for the bloody 'away' team.

Tough game for the Blues but one we need. I don't think last weeks game should be a real consideration. The Blues cam off the bye and played that game and they are professional athletes FFS. Every other contact sport in the world has similar turn-around times

If we're good enough, it's time to prove it!

Rassie

Trevor Allan (34)
Stormers certainly had some of their biggest wins over the Blues in Auckland. I remember the 2004 smashing where they scored something like 4 tries in 11 minutes. Then there was the Pieter Russouw one there which was the Stormers first victory in Auckland over them.

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
I'm not sold on Tom McCartney as loose-head. I really don't think it is a good idea to start what is essentially your #2 Hooker at loose head prop.

Good to see Mealamu starting though. I can't think of a standout NZ hooker this year, so all Mealamu should have to do is play some consistent minutes for the rest of the season, in order to retain his black jersey.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Sorry I meant Pieter Louw the flanker.

Did anyone hear JdV ask for a red card and penalty try for offside?

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Gee the All Blacks have a crisis at hooker. Only Hore left standing for the time being

MatWhal

Frank Row (1)
Gee the All Blacks have a crisis at hooker. Only Hore left standing for the time being

Yeh you're right, that's one position they haven't had a noticeable succession plan for. Is it Dane Coles that plays for the Hurricanes? He'd have to be their future selection, wouldn't he? If Mealamu goes down they'll probably select Corey Flynn on the bench.

FrankLind

Colin Windon (37)
Some bad calls both ways.
The Stormers look the slightly better side, but the Blues are taking their chances better.
Luatua a beast, again. Luke Braid and Weepu playing well.

FrankLind

Colin Windon (37)
Blues win! Awesome effort against a Springbok laden side.
The Stormers - in relation to their talent - could be the most boring side in the comp'

Status
Not open for further replies.