• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Blues vs Waratahs, Sat Apr 22 Eden Park. RD 9

Blues vs Tahs

• I have limited interest in this rugby football match

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Go Tahs

Votes: 10 38.5%
  • Go Blues

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • I despise both these teams

• "Despise" is a stong word

• Dislike

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • "Disgust" is a stronger word and I'm sticking with it

• I can only admire the rugged, dashing nature of the Auckland Blues gigachad rugby footballers

• This pole really didnt need more than 2 voting options

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • I Want More Pole

Votes: 6 23.1%

• Total voters

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Why are they resting them now? Surely they just had a rest 2 weeks ago on the bye?

It would seem to be the best option as their remaining games are mostly at home, with away games against the Reds, and then the Crusaders towards the end.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
It would seem to be the best option as their remaining games are mostly at home, with away games against the Reds, and then the Crusaders towards the end.
Ok mate, I was a bit confused, and now it occurs to me that Aus have it different to kiwi teams, over here it's not so much number fo games, but no more than 5 in a row.

Froggy

John Solomon (38)
Can anyone tell me something about Leatigaga and Icely, I'm not from Sydney and they're names I don't know.
I am assuming from this team that Hooper, Marky Mark (Nawaqanitawase) and Porecki (although he did come off last week with an eye injury) are being rested as Wallabies. Not sure why Faulkner or Hanigan aren't there, unlikely to be Wallabies, possibly carrying injuries?
I'm also assuming that Holtz, Sinclair, Gleeson and Edmed are still not fit?
I really want to see Latu, Wilson and Bowen get at least 20 minutes game time, I really want to see where they're up to. Latu has so much ability, Wilson looked really good in his cameo last week, and Bowen has been killing it in Shute Shield, I'd like to see how he goes exposed to the big boys.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Porecki and Hanigan are both recovering from concussions.

Hooper, Foketi and Nawaqanitawase are being rested under Wallabies protocols.

Holz is available for club rugby.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Tahs turn to throw the game

1​
Tom Lambert (Sydney University)
2​
Mahe Vailanu (Gordon)
3​
Harry Johnson-Holmes (Sydney University)
4​
Jed Holloway (Southern Districts)
5​
Zac Von Appen (Sydney University) *
6​
Taleni Seu (Southern Districts)
7​
Hunter Ward (Manly) *
8​
Will Harris (Eastern Suburbs)
9​
Jake Gordon (Sydney University)
10​
Ben Donaldson (Randwick)
11​
Dylan Pietsch (Randwick)
12​
Joey Walton (Gordon)
13​
Izaia Perese (Randwick)
14​
Max Jorgensen (Randwick)
15​
Harry Wilson (Eastwood) *
Replacements:
16​
Tolu Latu (Western Sydney)
17​
Nephi Leatigaga (Randwick) +
18​
Daniel Botha (Sydney University)
19​
Michael Icely (Eastwood) ++
20​
Charlie Gamble (Eastern Suburbs)
21​
Teddy Wilson (Eastern Suburbs)
22​
Jack Bowen (Eastern Suburbs) +
23​
Mosese Tuipulotu (Eastern Suburbs)
I know you're having a bit of a banter, but we are only Wallaby-resting three players and we've copped an absolute pizzling on here for not resting them earlier. The rest of the regulars missing are either suspended or injured.

Vailanu is in for Porecki (injured or concussion), Von Appen is in for Hanigan (concussion), Seu stays in the backrow for he "whose name cannot be mentioned", Walton has played very well off the bench for two years and has not been a liabilty ever, Harry Wilson has played well off the bench this year and deserves a chance. Leatigaga and Botha will hopefully get less than ten minutes and only because I think Faulkner is injured, Icely Is reputed to be good and we have run out of locks, as a Red supporter you know what that's like. Tuipulotu was probably the form centre before Perese returned and didn't really deserve to be dropped and Bowen is talked about as another Jorgensen, albeit in a different position. Teddy Wilson looks like something really special. Best of all, GAMBLE IS BACK and can come on early if Ward is getting pummelled.

I hope the Blues turn off and take us too easily, but they might live to regret it.

We have got some real depth this year, albeit with not much experience, and next year will be an absolute logjam of talent. IMO the World Cup is coming two years too early, but there are always the Lions.

One for the pedants (you know who you are): Can you use "a banter" as a verb-noun, or is this illegal?

Marce

Greg Davis (50)
Hvpdz8J.jpg

Silverado

Dick Tooth (41)
This resting policy is a real drag. Was looking forward to seeing if the Tahs were turning things around, now I don't know if I'll even bother watching. Same with the Brumbies Crusaders game where an great match up was reduced to a farce because of resting. Not a good look for the game

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
THE DAY OF INFINITE DEATHS IN A FINITE REALM OF TIME AND SPACE HAS ARRIVED.

KILLSWITCH: ENGAGE.

VORTEX: GODSPEED.

DESTINATION: NUTSACK CITY LIMITS.

AKIRA: BEING WHEELED INTO PLACE.

e23404eb104cba23c69925e8d2ad987b2c07d296.gifv

Drew

Bob Davidson (42)
This resting policy is a real drag. Was looking forward to seeing if the Tahs were turning things around, now I don't know if I'll even bother watching. Same with the Brumbies Crusaders game where a great match up was reduced to a farce because of resting. Not a good look for the game
It would have been nice to see if the Tahs could build on last weeks performance against stronger opponents…. Resting policy says no…..

Alex Ross (28)
The resting of players tells me the Blues will have a very off night and the Tahs will get close enough that we will all be cursing what could have been if we didn’t rest people

Just like the Brumbies in Christchurch..