• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Break Out the Arm Bands? - Bakkies Again....

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Ho3n3r

Didn't try to start an argument, if that's the way you interpreted it then I'm sorry you did, but I'm not sorry about what I said.

I believe this thread is in bad taste, as there's no talk about armbands at all as we believe it's a fair suspension. There are distinct differences between the Adam Jones and Gio Aplon hits.

With Adam Jones he came from as behind the last feet as you'll possibly see in your life, was driving upwards and used some arms - not a whole lot but certainly as much as every legal clean I've seen.

This one, well he just aimed with the head, dove right in and from the side. Justice has been served.

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
My issue isn't what you think about Bakkies. You would be welcome to defend him, if that was what you thought. But don't hassle newb for posting this stuff up - it's rugby news and that's what we talk about.

The armband incident was viewed with something in-between disgust and hilarity around here, so get used to people referring to it. If you can't handle that, you won't enjoy posting here.

H

Ho3n3r

OK then, my aim wasn't to get personal, sorry for that.

And I will gladly agree to disagree with you on the Bakkies armband issue of last year.

I am not defending him on this year's though, 4 week penalty was actually the general expectation here in SA.

So if it really was only meant as a joke, then it's fine, I didn't know that. Maybe I'm just a little too giddy coz of nerves for Saturday. I enjoy posting here and like your guys' views on stuff, in general.

Sorry if I caused a stir, didn't want to do that.

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
Most of the posts ITT are about the technical aspects of the charge anyway.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
I'm confused, how is this years infringement any different to last years?

Why is the outrage felt by South Africans last year not felt again this year? Far as I can tell, the biggest difference is that with the emergance of Bekker and Roussow, combined with his own poor form Bakkies is now replaceable.

I am however glad Saffas now think an armband protest is laughable, we came to this same conclusion last year as evidenced by this blog post.

Three strikes and you're out?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJBKpcM9l7M

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
MrTimms said:
Scarfman said:
There's always the knees and elbows, J.

and teeth, can't forget the teeth.

You remind me of something that has puzzled me for many years. With all the great beef (beef as meat from cattle, not as a form of whinging) available in RSA, why do some of its rugby players prefer to chomp on wallaby, kiwi or even grizzled old pom lion? They don't even dry it to biltong, let alone cook it, they just sashimi it.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Hoener

You can hardly blame people for having the opinion of Bakkies that they do.

I used to defend him by maintaining the argument that he gets himself in the firing line all the time and pushed the boundaries of the laws more thqan others which also made him effective.

I can't defend him anymore when time after time he does this. Enogh is enough.

Isn't it about time that he pays a price for not only unnecessarily hurting people but costing his team?

If anything he should pay a price for being fucking stupid beyond belief (as jy dom is moet jy kak - if you are stupid you should suffer).

He has cost the Boks and the Bulls games by being carded as often as he has. I take the point that in this case he is not really going to be missed but what if Danie Rossouw had gone down in training?

He has become a liability, as much as I love watching the big imbecile play (when he actually plays rugby - which he is particularly bloody good at).

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Biffo said:
MrTimms said:
Scarfman said:

You remind me of something that has puzzled me for many years. With all the great beef (beef as meat from cattle, not as a form of whinging) available in RSA, why do some of its rugby players prefer to chomp on wallaby, kiwi or even grizzled old pom lion? They don't even dry it to biltong, let alone cook it, they just sashimi it.

One has to expose the palette to all manner of things. Even if you know it's going to taste like shit.

H

Ho3n3r

Blue said:
Hoener

You can hardly blame people for having the opinion of Bakkies that they do.

I used to defend him by maintaining the argument that he gets himself in the firing line all the time and pushed the boundaries of the laws more thqan others which also made him effective.

I can't defend him anymore when time after time he does this. Enogh is enough.

Isn't it about time that he pays a price for not only unnecessarily hurting people but costing his team?

If anything he should pay a price for being fucking stupid beyond belief (as jy dom is moet jy kak - if you are stupid you should suffer).

He has cost the Boks and the Bulls games by being carded as often as he has. I take the point that in this case he is not really going to be missed but what if Danie Rossouw had gone down in training?

He has become a liability, as much as I love watching the big imbecile play (when he actually plays rugby - which he is particularly bloody good at).

Fully agreed on that. He was stupid at the weekend.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
PaarlBok said:
Moses said:
I am however glad Saffas now think an armband protest is laughable, we came to this same conclusion last year as evidenced by this blog post.
Yep you may find it laughable, at least they show as a team some balls against this stupid rule.

Pretty sure you lot find the Giteau individual style much better.
http://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/forum/index.php/topic,10340.0.html
I've read, re-read, and even regurgitated this post after reading twice, but yet I cannot find one iota of relevance to the current topic.
PB, are you suggesting players talking critically about refs is in any way similar to big numb-nuts smashing players illegally at breakdowns? Bear in mind Giteau was pretty much shit-canned by most on these boards too.
Is Bakkies the new Snor - defend at any cost? :nta:

the gambler

Dave Cowper (27)
cyclopath said:
PaarlBok said:
Moses said:
Yep you may find it laughable, at least they show as a team some balls against this stupid rule.

I've read, re-read, and even regurgitated this post after reading twice, but yet I cannot find one iota of relevance to the current topic.
PB, are you suggesting players talking critically about refs is in any way similar to big numb-nuts smashing players illegally at breakdowns? Bear in mind Giteau was pretty much shit-canned by most on these boards too.

Think he is defending the wearing of the armbands specifically and relating that to the response to a decision i.e - What Giteau did was the same as what the Boks did by wearing an armband

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
the gambler said:
cyclopath said:
PaarlBok said:
Moses said:

Think he is defending the wearing of the armbands specifically and relating that to the response to a decision i.e - What Giteau did was the same as what the Boks did by wearing an armband
Well, fair enough if so. I must admit, I didn't read it that way, but accept I may well be wrong, so apologies to PB. :thumb
In that case, no, I think as little of the Bokke and Giteau being petulant! ;)

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Dankie Gambler, I had a red hot post going to answer Cyc but luckily you beat me to it. Now I have to clean all the spit from my keyboard. ::)

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
Blue said:
Biffo said:
MrTimms said:
Scarfman said:

One has to expose the palette to all manner of things. Even if you know it's going to taste like shit.

Thanks, Mate, you made more than my day with a very big :lmao:. :thumb

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
PaarlBok said:
Dankie Gambler, I had a red hot post going to answer Cyc but luckily you beat me to it. Now I have to clean all the spit from my keyboard. ::)
Careful, too much spit and it will end up like waratahjesus' keyboard, and the keys stop working. I think beer may be more the problem in his case... :)

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
cyclopath said:
PaarlBok said:
Careful, too much spit and it will end up like waratahjesus' keyboard, and the keys stop working. I think beer may be more the problem in his case... :)
:lmao: your a bliksem Boet. Honestly it have nothing to do with Snor or Bakkies defending, I dont like this ruck entering rule, it got broken in every decend rugby match. Thats the one I dont like.

TheRiddler

Dave Cowper (27)
Geez, do we need another load of emoticons to protect our posts and make sure that no poor little diddums might be a little pissed off? :nta: :eek: :yay ;)

For the life of me, I cant see how those wonderful citing commissioners can see that the Bakkies incident and that of Mummy in the Reds v Tahs game are worthy of closer inspection and subsequent suspensions yet the Fuse has to stand there whilst some twat from the back end of nowhere tries (unsuccessfully) to beat 10 bells of shit out of him and not a word is mentioned. Maybe if Al had gone down squealing like a little piggy like Sore Finger and the Stormers midget then his perpetrator could have been dealt with in the same way.

And, in the spirit of this thread..... :fishing :thumb

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
TheRiddler said:
And, in the spirit of this thread..... :fishing :thumb

Completely off topic but I wonder if we will see a quiet little avatar change from you any time soon?

:) :thumb ;) :lmao: :eek: :nta: :angryfire: :'( :frans :yay :fishing ::) O0 :baxter: :dunning: :robinson: :nau: :caldwell: :sharpe: :mumm: :elsom: :waugh: :burgess: :palu: :beale: :kurtley: :turner: :tuqiri:

Status
Not open for further replies.