• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Break Out the Arm Bands? - Bakkies Again....

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
the gambler said:
PaarlBok said:
fatprop said:
PaarlBok said:
Fattie, honestly, do you think about all this red tape when you enter a ruck? :nta:
paarl, a good player knows the rules and works to the edges of them.

Do you think all about this red tape or just throw the ball forward? :nta:
No Boet, honestly its a bit different between passing and cleaning out a ruck.

You cant go in a ruck with your arse first. You go in there with the intend to clean the poachers from the pill, thats your main objective, may hurt yourself in the process aswell.

Anyway thats the way we teach the small kids overhere. Smash the poachers.

Could that be why apart from Brussow you dont have too many fetchers in the Waugh/Smith mould.
No way we have them in every team, Stegman, Louw do this role for the Stormers, Baywatch, Wikus, Botes.

Its Jake White who never want them in his Bok side.

Thomond78

Colin Windon (37)
I do think it only fair to point out that even on Gwlad, there was serious discussion about whether or not the clean-out on AJ was illegal.

I think it's fair to say that, on the letter of the laws, it is. But on the custom and practice, it was normal enough. The difference is, they've started enforcing the letter of that particular law, so Bakkies could reasonably feel somewhat surprised, and then aggrieved, at the time.

Now, however, he should have bloody learnt. Still, he's a Blou Bull, so who's surprised?

I'd also add that if they started enforcing the letter of other laws, such as staying on your feet at the ruck and putting the ball in straight, we'd be getting somewhere.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
fatprop said:
Watch how the Crusaders cleanout wherever possible, it is why they get so many players around the field so quickly, they stay on their feet and keep in the play.

The Crusaders stay on their feet!? They are THE worst offenders at sealing the ball off with McCaw and Reid the chief culprits.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Blue said:
fatprop said:
Watch how the Crusaders cleanout wherever possible, it is why they get so many players around the field so quickly, they stay on their feet and keep in the play.

The Crusaders stay on their feet!? They are THE worst offenders at sealing the ball off with McCaw and Reid the chief culprits.

Let me re-phrase that "on their ball"

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
I was trying to work out if the Crusaders had feet transplanted onto their elbows and knees.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
fatprop said:
Blue said:
fatprop said:

Let me re-phrase that "on their ball"

And the opposition's. They illegally seal off their ball carier who goes down time after time. But fair play to them. Only game I recall where they couldnlt get away with it was agaisnt the Force.

Status
Not open for further replies.