• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Bring on the Boks, Cmon lads fire up there is still hope

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grandmaster Flash

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Team named, no Waugh or Palu. Far out.

James O'Connor, Lachie Turner, Ryan Cross, Adam Ashley-Cooper, Peter Hynes, Matt Giteau, Luke Burgess; Richard Brown, George Smith (capt), Rocky Elsom, Mark Chisholm, James Horwill, Ben Alexander, Stephen Moore, Benn Robinson. Res: Tatafu Polota-Nau, Al Baxter, Dean Mumm, David Pocock, Will Genia, Quade Cooper, Drew Mitchell

Scotty

David Codey (61)
How on earth does Brown get yet another chance? Not only has he been average but his discipline has been the worst of the all of them. I'd rather he played Elsom at 8 and Mumm at 6. At least those guys belong.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Sorry Newb. Frank (n) Steyne.

The Springbok team is (Test caps in brackets):
15. Ruan Pienaar (33)
14. JP Pietersen (29)
13. Jaque Fourie (48)
12. Jean de Villiers (51)
11. Bryan Habana (51)
10. Morné Steyn (6)
9. Fourie du Preez (49)
8. Pierre Spies (25)
7. Juan Smith (60)
6. Heinrich Brüssow (7)
5. Victor Matfield (86)
4. Bakkies Botha (60)
3. John Smit – captain (87)
2. Bismarck du Plessis (27)
1. Tendai Mtawarira (16)

Reserves:16. Chiliboy Ralepelle (6)
17. Jannie du Plessis (10)
18. Andries Bekker (17)
19. Schalk Burger (50)
20. Ricky Januarie (38)
21. Adi Jacobs (25)
22. Frans Steyn (33)

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
Scotty said:
How on earth does Brown get yet another chance? Not only has he been average but his discipline has been the worst of the all of them. I'd rather he played Elsom at 8 and Mumm at 6. At least those guys belong.

Brown would appear to be way out of depth

Australia Pos Mins Runs (m) Tack Offl. Kick T.Ass.L.Brk Ruck T/Ov. Miss
Rocky Elsom BSFL 81 2 (11m) 15 1 0 0 0 4 0 1
George Smith OSFL 81 4 (17m) 16 1 0 0 0 4 1 1
Richard Brown NUM8 81 5 (16m) 4 0 0 0 0 5 3 3

A one legged Rocky didn't do too badly did he?

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Wow, Rocky and George must have had sore shoulders the whole week from having to carry Brown for 70 minutes.

the gambler

Dave Cowper (27)
I think Brown may have made more tackles. During halftime they showed him pull off at least 2 quite big hits plus there was the one he got binned for. Not that Im defending him.

R

rugbywhisperer

You also have Brown down for 81 minutes - ah ha - remember the bin - that 10 minutes less makes his numbers all the more impressive

Grandmaster Flash

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Scarfman said:
Studies have shown that a lot of studies are crap.

Aw, people can come up with statistics to prove anything, Kent. Forfty percent of all people know that.

While I think Palu should probably have played against the Boks, I thought Brown did a lot better last week than his stats suggest.

naza

Alan Cameron (40)
Grandmaster Flash said:
While I think Palu should probably have played against the Boks, I thought Brown did a lot better last week than his stats suggest.

An awful lot of Palu fans popping out of the woodwork... :eek:

Bring back Eddie Jones. At least we had a backline.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
Scotty said:
I watched Rocky at 8 for the BaaBaa's vs England last night, phenomonal.

Maybe Deans is thinking of putting Brown back at 6 and sticking Rocky at 8..

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Hopefully Palu comes into form against Uni this weekend. He will have lots of solid, quality units in front of him to bash in attack and defence.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
I'd even prefer Cooper to Giteau at the moment, even if it gives us no chance of winning. Giteau has played so poorly this year he doesn't deserve to finish the game.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
We are just so fucking average. I hate these losses. They keep me awake, with anger, all night.

Status
Not open for further replies.