• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brisbane City v Melbourne Rising, Saturday 6 September @ Ballymore

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Train Without a Station

Bout time you mob brought something to the table for Aus rugby!

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Good looking team! Will be good to see how Tom goes in a starting role. i'm sure her will tear it up. I see the other change is Luke Burgess back onto the bench?

BigSteve

Herbert Moran (7)
Shame this was scheduled at the same time as the Nudgee Vs. Terrace rivalry game out at Tennyson, which usually gets large crowds a couple of years ago it was around 6000. This may have an affect on the crowd numbers at Ballymore, as i would wager that many of the people attending tennyson would have also like to go to the City game.

elementfreak

Trevor Allan (34)
Shame this was scheduled at the same time as the Nudgee Vs. Terrace rivalry game out at Tennyson, which usually gets large crowds a couple of years ago it was around 6000. This may have an affect on the crowd numbers at Ballymore, as i would wager that many of the people attending tennyson would have also like to go to the City game.

Why didn't they make that game the curtain raiser?

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
because its a whole day of activity and games at Tennyson from pretty much Under 11s to opens with 5-8 games per age group.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Anyone know if they are doing anything at Ballymore after this game for the Wallabies match? Seems like a good opportunity.

Is there a bar area that they could leave open and put the Test Match on even? The players could hang around etc. Would be sweet!

Jeeper

Jimmy Flynn (14)
The city team for the weekend, from their twitter. Good to see Kerevi fit and ready and Gunn retaining a starting spot even with Gill coming in.

McInnes Wilson Lawyers Brisbane City v Melbourne Rising
Ballymore Stadium, 3:00pm

1. Pettowa Paraka – Reds WTS/Easts
2. Andrew Ready – Reds EPS/Easts
3. Sam Talakai – Sydney University
4. Marco Kotze – GPS
5. Dave McDuling – Reds/University of Queensland
6. Michael Gunn – Reds WTS/Easts
7. Liam Gill – Reds/Sunnybank
8. Jake Schatz – Reds/Sunnybank
9. Nick Frisby – Reds/GPS
10. Jake McIntyre – Reds WTS/Sunnybank
11. Harry Parker – University of Queensland
12. Samu Kerevi – Reds/GPS
13. Toby White – Easts
14. Chris Kuridrani – Reds/GPS
15. Matt Feaunati - Sunnybank

16. Matt Mafi – Brothers
17. Sef Faagase – Reds WTS/University of Queensland
18. Phil Kite – Reds WTS/GPS
19. Adam Korczyk – University of Queensland
20. Brad Wilkin – Easts
21. Will Genia – Reds/Wests
22. James Dalgleish – University of Queensland
23. Rex Tapuai – Sunnybank

Jeeper

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Samu did play well in the 12 the other week but I do think he is more effective a little wider. Unfortunately Rex Tapuai was poor in defense last week @ 12 and probably not worth risking there again.

Gill I am looking forward to seeing play. Over the Brisbane Premier finals he was unstoppable in the break down and was the difference between teams in games he played (especially against GPS).

I hope pickles frisby gets some decent time, he has been more effective in the last month than Genia was for the Reds this season.

Its going to be a great day down at Ballymore, that Rising side is super impressive and will be a major test for the City team.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
the battle of the flankers will be interesting considering Brisbane have opensides and Rising have none.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Interesting to see Frisby still starting, had expected the link style return for Genia, play the first 40 and change at half time even if good to continue.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Also how far Burgess has come, I swear he was the wallabies third string scrummie a week ago? He's not coming back from any injury is he?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Also how far Burgess has come, I swear he was the wallabies third string scrummie a week ago? He's not coming back from any injury is he?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

still is the wallabies third string scrummie, but he is in the wob squad, so he hasn't trained with the team, not unreasonable to have him coming off the bench with stirzaker (sp?) playing well last week

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Well it presents an interesting situation. Once Genia replaces him (I'd imagine he will). You have a former wallabies incumbent who has been playing very well - but then you also have the team captain who has been in good form too. Not a bad problem to have

Status
Not open for further replies.