• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brisbane City vs. Sydney Stars - NRC Round 1, 21/08 @ Ballymore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
But let's face it, in the case of injury what are the available options? Kerevi, rasolea and Inman.

I was more so responding to the fact it was implied in the statement that the EOYT is a time to blood new players and now with no your games and smaller squads it's not
Fair enough

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Not a big fan of the 3 point conversions, but we will see as the tournament goes on.

Most impressive thing for me from Brisbane City was Stiles' half time speech. Nailed their defensive mis-alignment and laziness working around the corner, and also was right with their lack of patience. Sounded much more aware than his boss at the Reds.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
City need another try for a bonus point now, 6 to go.

Rain has been coming down and it's very wet and slippery, players going down everywhere.

Frisby off for City, he's been very good apart from the usual odd loopy pass and a few average kicks.

Anyone know why Schatz was off at half time?

Kerevi just runs over another poor Stars player.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Pouring rain now, horrible conditions. Kerevi drops a pass that was at his feet and looks unhappy.

Scrum battle has been fairly even, Stars had a 10 minute or so period of ascendancy at the end of the first half but that petered out.

Huge City scrum just drove the reserve Stars scrum backwards. Kite and that reserve City hooker are massive.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Was McIntyre that shocking at tackling in Premier rugby, anyone?

Better Stars scrum there, but Betham loses it. Ball must be a cake of soap now.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
City scrum easily drive Stars reserve front row off the ball.

Stars kick the ball out off a tap to avoid a lineout off the scrum penalty, and it's game over.

45 - 20 points, Stars just short of a bonus point.

Stars cohesion had the better of the first half, until City rectified some of their defensive issues at half time and then dominated the game.

Stars a bit lucky that City took a while to get their combinations going after a very limited prep, that could have gotten messy.

Jeeper

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Was McIntyre that shocking at tackling in Premier rugby, anyone?

Better Stars scrum there, but Betham loses it. Ball must be a cake of soap now.

From the games I saw he was pretty poor, but I have only seen him play in 3 games so thats not a great resource.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Not only his tackling was poor, but he made a few very poor defensive decisions as well.

Not a bad start to the NRC at all. Was a good game until the conditions got the better of both teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.