• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Broadcast options for Australian Rugby

Kevin77

Fred Wood (13)
Interestingly - this is from the NZ release

super-rugby-super-round.jpg

Assuming travel is allowed for this I'm keen to fly to where this is

Kevin77

Fred Wood (13)
They give enough notice I might plan a lads weekend of rugby as agree could be worth the effort to watch full round of super rugby live as a first (plus would be cool to say you have seen a complete round of super rugby live)

Absolutely.
Imagine a weekend in Brizzy end of May.
Five games!
Dangerous

sendit

Bob Loudon (25)
I guess it depends on who you want your target audience to be. We've largely accepted Fox's timeslot as it was better for the older audiences, but how would you like to get your younger kids involved in watching the game?

If it starts earlier and you're still tied up with kids, you can start the stream from the beginning, it's not like the olden days where you have to record it or only start it from the live spot.

More importantly, a 9:45pm kick off for half the target audience isn't really fair either.

I’ve never understood their argument, who’s sending their kids to bed on the weekend when there’s a game of footy on?

Can’t say when I was young I ever missed watching the footy cause it was bed time

Reactions: dru

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I’ve never understood their argument, who’s sending their kids to bed on the weekend when there’s a game of footy on?

Can’t say when I was young I ever missed watching the footy cause it was bed time

9.45 is a bit tough for kids, and I would argue for a few more than that. And the Force/Chiefs game is 9.55 Aus time. Thats midnight in NZ kick off, remember how a lot thought SA were at a bad timeslot? It's only one game , but I will be quite interested to see what the viewing figures are like on eastern seaboard in Oz. All in all it's what it is, and the one advantage is that it's a TT comp so there should interest in all games from both sides of Tasman.

sendit

Bob Loudon (25)
9.45 is a bit tough for kids, and I would argue for a few more than that. And the Force/Chiefs game is 9.55 Aus time. Thats midnight in NZ kick off, remember how a lot thought SA were at a bad timeslot? It's only one game , but I will be quite interested to see what the viewing figures are like on eastern seaboard in Oz. All in all it's what it is, and the one advantage is that it's a TT comp so there should interest in all games from both sides of Tasman.

I was referring to people complaining about a 745 kickoff time

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
If the Rebels make the GF on the 19th June, not sure where they're going to play since the Storm have already booked AAMI Park for that night.

Almost all home ground lease agreements have reciprocal agreements between the various teams that a team has to move if someone else has a finals game to host. I can't imagine it would be different here.

sendit

Bob Loudon (25)
My son is 4, id rather him go to bed than stay up late and be cranky for 24 hours the following day. If his a bit older fine, but young kids it's not worth the head ache the following day.

I’m sorry but at the age of 4 who cares whether they’re watching the footy or not, at that age they can’t even string a sentence together properly

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Old enough to shout "Car'n the Wallabies" and then watch the highlights with dad tomorrow.

Michael Hooper was 4 when he announced that he was going to play for the Wobblies, according to a newspaper article I read recently. Maybe his syntax was not perfect, but apparently his meaning was clear enough.

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
I’m sorry but at the age of 4 who cares whether they’re watching the footy or not, at that age they can’t even string a sentence together properly

True head in the sand argument you're making here. The greatest junior program in Australia, AusKick starts from ages 5 and some junior rugby programs start from 5/6 years old as well.

Kids are impressionable, so it's important they associate the game their mums and dads are taking them to is on television.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
True head in the sand argument you're making here. The greatest junior program in Australia, AusKick starts from ages 5 and some junior rugby programs start from 5/6 years old as well.

Kids are impressionable, so it's important they associate the game their mums and dads are taking them to is on television.

I used to support the North Sydney Bears and Illwarra Steelers, not because my parents watched them on TV, but because my dad got me their jerseys from a factory outlet clearance sale when I was 5.

sendit

Bob Loudon (25)

lol fuck off, an active program the kids go out and participate with is miles apart from your little dribbler sitting at home in front of the tv

Merrow

Arch Winning (36)
Took my kids to the Brumbies home games since they were 2. All 3 are still members. One at 24, and the other two are 19. One semi late night per fortnight didn’t hurt them and meant we got a sleep in the next day.