• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Broadcast options for Australian Rugby

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Not at all. The RA Rebels have always had the lowest ratings. These metrics were heavily covered when the Force was cut.

I also wonder if here is a social media aspect to this as well. In the past the we put up with the NSFW groupies on Social media and they put people off the game with the incessant whinging and attacking of the establishment. But lately there as some very prominent Reds supporters that are at their arrogant, loudmouth and obnoxious best that could put people off.

I have muted a fair few lately!

It may shock you but a few posters from other franchises fit the bill too. I don't mute anyone though, but there are few whose posts I gloss over. As for me, I try to stay humble but it hard when our guys are so awesome!
I thought a few Queenslanders might tune in to boost the numbers though.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Not at all. The RA Rebels have always had the lowest ratings. These metrics were heavily covered when the Force was cut.

I also wonder if here is a social media aspect to this as well. In the past the we put up with the NSFW groupies on Social media and they put people off the game with the incessant whinging and attacking of the establishment. But lately there as some very prominent Reds supporters that are at their arrogant, loudmouth and obnoxious best that could put people off.

Yep. Not just the Reds though, but yep.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
It may shock you but a few posters from other franchises fit the bill too. I don't mute anyone though, but there are few whose posts I gloss over. As for me, I try to stay humble but it hard when our guys are so awesome!
I thought a few Queenslanders might tune in to boost the numbers though.

I like wearing gloss

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Way too much info mate.

mens-concealer-full.jpg

Derpus

George Gregan (70)

You act as if GIO can draw more than 10 people to watch the Brumbies maul their way to victory at the moment. They can't.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
You act as if GIO can draw more than 10 people to watch the Brumbies maul their way to victory at the moment. They can't.

They got a sellout against the Reds... covid restrictions in place... and you think the Brumbies are just a maul team, your totally wrong. We score tries through the backs all the time.. Just because other teams suck at the maul its not what we just do. Take a look at the Tah's game.. there were 3 none Maul tries, and Wright nearly scored a double with an awesome grubber.

Why is it that a team that has scored a bunch of tries playing great attacking rugby, is called just a maul team.. its a myth..

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Why is it that a team that has scored a bunch of tries playing great attacking rugby, is called just a maul team.. its a myth..

Because that was the case for several seasons and now that the reputation exists it is going to be hard to shake.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Because that was the case for several seasons and now that the reputation exists it is going to be hard to shake.

But it wasn't really the case last year either.... But we will just keep playing attacking rugby with a amazing maul and people will come.. as I said the Brumbies / Reds game was a sellout of what they could do ..

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Valid points on club rugby being amateur so can’t make radical change but change around the edges where compromise and say have a side playing one Friday night game a season where the bartender or whatever may need to miss that game. It just means yes careful consideration required but equally some compromise from cost benefit maybe necessary if to move forward.

Need a 3 year plan to revamp Premier Clubs into a viable broadcast product. They can't keep on, trying to pretend they're "grassroots" :rolleyes: when there is already money there and they want more.

Can't keep going with 4+ Grades and 3+ Colts. That is unsustainable.

Rebel man

Jim Lenehan (48)
Need a 3 year plan to revamp Premier Clubs into a viable broadcast product. They can't keep on, trying to pretend they're "grassroots" :rolleyes: when there is already money there and they want more.

Can't keep going with 4+ Grades and 3+ Colts. That is unsustainable.
Yeah look at the NRL never have two games head to head so they don’t split their viewership and we have 10 games at once

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Rubbish BH, it's the myopic view of teams by fans of others that is the problem. As a Tahs fan, you should be well aware of that over the years.

Are you arguing that the Brumbies didn't score a lot of maul tries over several years?

Are you arguing that they didn't get that reputation? Whether or not the reputation is deserved or not doesn't really matter. It exists.

I'm not suggesting that the Brumbies deserve that reputation in 2021. I've saying that they gained that reputation and it is going to take a long time to shake.

The level of truth behind it now is irrelevant.