• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Broadcast options for Australian Rugby

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
I reckon they might make the Venue mode service a bit different - have the channel playing replays of vintage games between the two teams about to play before and after the live broadcast, I mean they did get the entire catalogue of vintage matches so they may as well use them.
Yeah Stan need to make a live channel equivalent, so it flows from one live game to the next without stopping one stream and starting the next

Last edited:

Rebel man

Jim Lenehan (48)
Yeah Stan need to make a live channel equivalent, so it flows from one live game to the next without starting one stream and starting the next
Have to admit I do find that annoying was just casually watching the first two games Saturday as I was doing other things and you come back to watch a game and the stream has ended and you have to change to the other

Kayo in that regard is better you can stream a game or you can just put on Fox league

Now Stan has rugby, soccer, tennis, motor sport and combat sport all those sports should have a streaming channel you should be able to select and if there are two events on at the one time the one they think will be less popular should be on a stand alone stream

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
)
DCE8302E-A7C8-4E5E-88F6-AE2D0C85DFD5.jpeg

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
I know I've mentioned running the next iteration of the NRC on weeknights concurrently with spring tour games, but maybe there is merit to running that comp during the sporting void in Oct and Nov? Grand Final in early Dec, if we are thinking about a product from an entertainment perspective and leapfrogging off the corporate packages some of the grounds ran for pre-season trials, they could offer corporate Christmas packages for the finals. Could be a bit warm by the time finals start though.

hoggy

Trevor Allan (34)
that retention through the year is a massive tick for Stan.
Part of that may be learned behaviour though, for 20 years now to view rugby has required a Fox sports subscription so for many rugby supporters, a subscripton based following was normal.
Its definately a big plus but the hard part, as has always been is how do you grow that number.

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
Part of that may be learned behaviour though, for 20 years now to view rugby has required a Fox sports subscription so for many rugby supporters, a subscripton based following was normal.
Its definately a big plus but the hard part, as has always been is how do you grow that number.

I wonder how many unsubscribed from the Sports package after Super Rugby finished. I know I did and only just added it back a few weeks ago, as I could watch the Spring Tour games on Fox. I still kept my general Stan subscription though, we had it prior to the sports offering and my family watches several shows on there.

Rebel man

Jim Lenehan (48)
I know I've mentioned running the next iteration of the NRC on weeknights concurrently with spring tour games, but maybe there is merit to running that comp during the sporting void in Oct and Nov? Grand Final in early Dec, if we are thinking about a product from an entertainment perspective and leapfrogging off the corporate packages some of the grounds ran for pre-season trials, they could offer corporate Christmas packages for the finals. Could be a bit warm by the time finals start though.
I like it, you have won me over already

We need to get rugby seen and that’s hard to do when it’s up against the AFL and NRL

Rob42

John Solomon (38)
I wonder how many unsubscribed from the Sports package after Super Rugby finished. I know I did and only just added it back a few weeks ago, as I could watch the Spring Tour games on Fox. I still kept my general Stan subscription though, we had it prior to the sports offering and my family watches several shows on there.
Yeah, that was my plan, but then I kept it for the RC games, then the Spring tour (I don't have Fox), and only disconnected it for about 2 months between the Spring tour and the start of the six nations. The extra content definitely kept me on board for longer in the year

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member

Probably issues with CBA and forced rests prior to Pre-Season as well as extending the actual season to unpaid (poorly paid) 'amateurs.

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
Probably issues with CBA and forced rests prior to Pre-Season as well as extending the actual season to unpaid (poorly paid) 'amateurs.
Yes true - they'd need to stump up the dough for the QPR and SS level players to want to participate, it is adding another 2-3 months of rugby playing time to an already long season.

Ah well - we can dream.

Crashy

Arch Winning (36)
Anyone know which pus on North Shore / Inner West who is definitely showing the game tonight? this is a joke its so hard. massive fail...

Rob42

John Solomon (38)
Anyone know which pus on North Shore / Inner West who is definitely showing the game tonight? this is a joke its so hard. massive fail...
The Great Northern at Chatswood had a sign out advertising Super Rugby when I drove past the other day...

Members Section

John Thornett (49)

The Currie cup started doing that this year & its been a hit over there. I like the idea of it.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
I messaged Stan asking for a list of pubs which are screening, they said they’d look into it but in the mean time to message the pubs directly and enquire

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
That’s insanely annoying, I loved nothing more than Friday night beers at my work local & all the Friday staff knew I was the 1 bloke who wanted the rugby on & it was on a tv just for me. Now there’s literally nothing but sky & sky 2 on about 8 tvs

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Ok Oxford on corner Victoria road / Lyons road Drummoyne is a rugby pub showing rugby in multiple screens as is the big rugby pub in hunters hill - forget its name but someone on here would know it as massive pub which shows rugby on multiple screens