• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Broadcast options for Australian Rugby

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Also just realised that Kayo = K.O. = Knockout. That went over my head.

I was pronouncing it, Kay-Yo, like a new kayak.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Has anyone opened an account yet? I'm thinking about trying the trial for the games this weekend. Instead of watching the game at 4am live on 10, I can get up a few hours later and watch it delayed with no spoilers. Seems like a decent compromise.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
Has anyone opened an account yet? I'm thinking about trying the trial for the games this weekend. Instead of watching the game at 4am live on 10, I can get up a few hours later and watch it delayed with no spoilers. Seems like a decent compromise.

I have. Signed up yesterday. So far so good.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
Just clicked over to the Matildas game late in the piece. It actually has tabs in place for when goals are scored allowing you to actually see the relevant highlights of the game. Which is pretty cool.

stoff

Bill McLean (32)
I have. Signed up yesterday. So far so good.
I am onboard. Major issue I have had is getting it to send to chrome cast, although it finds the Apple TV box fine which I wasn’t expecting as they said it wasn’t compatible to that yet. It is still in Beta mode, so assume the bugs will get ironed out by the time they finish the apps. So far so good. Mentioned it to some mates at a bbq today who were all excited as they had dumped their Foxtel over the past few years due to cost.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
yeah I've been watching a couple of the english premiership games, pretty good quality. Haven't tried streaming to tv yet. One small complaint is that for some reason the score and timer are missing. Bit useless.

southsider

Arch Winning (36)
I am onboard. Major issue I have had is getting it to send to chrome cast, although it finds the Apple TV box fine which I wasn’t expecting as they said it wasn’t compatible to that yet. It is still in Beta mode, so assume the bugs will get ironed out by the time they finish the apps. So far so good. Mentioned it to some mates at a bbq today who were all excited as they had dumped their Foxtel over the past few years due to cost.

Sorry I’m a bit of a novice when it comes to broadcasting technology, did you mean you can chromecast it at all yet?

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
Sorry I’m a bit of a novice when it comes to broadcasting technology, did you mean you can chromecast it at all yet?
I've just signed up. No problem Chromecasting to my TV from either my phone (Android) or my Surface Pro. It all seems to work well.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
here's the list of what they expect to cover.

https://www.finder.com.au/sports-on-kayo

How do people watch this? Through the computer cast onto tvs? I haven't done much streaming, other than basically on my phone.

If I did this I'd want to do it properly onto the tv.

You can cast it onto the TV via Chromecast. There's also going to be an Apple TV app. If you have a newer TV it would likely have internet capability so you'd be able to log on to the service that way. You could get the Foxtel Now box or if you have an Xbox you can use that. There's a bunch of ways to stream it on your TV.

sunnyboys

Bob Loudon (25)
On the site it lists as “coming soon” - apps for Android TV, Apple TV and Telstra TV. Would think they will be available once Beta testing is complete and in time for hard launch

dru

Tim Horan (67)
God the streaming from Foxtel I’ve mirroring my iPhone o to the TV mostly. Sometimes use the smart TV aps.

Think I’d need to work through the chrome interface with this one.

The NRC quality wasn’t great on the large screen when you’re used to HD but quite watchable all the same.