• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TOCC

Reds have a lot of brothers in the one team..

Matt Lucas and Ben Lucas
Luke Morahan and Simon Morahan
Anthony Fainga'a and Saia Fainga'a

It would be good to see Colby join the Reds, maybe the Reds can poach Josh Daley from NSW as well.

the gambler

Dave Cowper (27)
en_force_er said:
If Canberra were to go down the Shute Shield path I'd like to see 2 teams rather than one. Some ideas would be:

Moving Tuggeranong and Queanbeyan into the Shute shield and playing all Grades baring maybe Prem Colts. Obviously there playing standard would increase as Canberrians playing in Syd would come home and the best localplayers would gravitate toward the clubs.
OR
The ACT Premier grade clubs being split in two and two sides being picked from them. These sides would play Premier Grade and Prem Colts (like the coastal teams do in the Brisbane comp). To fill the gap in the other grades two subbies clubs should be picked with a plan to develop them to play Premier grade in the future. These two subbies could maybe be the best Suburban clubs in Western Sydney so that rugby could (potentially) grow in the area.

I have never lived in Sydney or Canberra so if either of these plans are stupid explain why. It just seems more appealing than what is essentially a Brumby Runners side playing in the league, clubs need to have a soul about them. They can't be passionless entities.

Would doubt you would get Canberra clubs to merge as they would have no faith in any venture lasting.

The other hole in your idea is the belief that Canberra players would return home. If you had escaped from prison would you go back?

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
the gambler said:
Would doubt you would get Canberra clubs to merge as they would have no faith in any venture lasting.

The other hole in your idea is the belief that Canberra players would return home. If you had escaped from prison would you go back?

West Coast Eagles and Adelaide Crows are proof this kind of Venture can work.

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
Moses said:
Brumbies Guy said:
Noddy said:
looking to his brothers per chance???

Heard this time last week that he had been having meetings with Reds, the next day I read an article that the twins had announced they're resigning.. Would seem he's heading that way
Resigning, or re-signing!!

Three brothers in one super team, has that happened before?

Yes, but this will be the first poached triplets :lmao:

However, if they are really resigning, it may the first re-poach or even on-poach of triplets in S15 or S-any number ;)

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
Biffo said:
Moses said:
Brumbies Guy said:
Noddy said:

Heard this time last week that he had been having meetings with Reds, the next day I read an article that the twins had announced they're resigning.. Would seem he's heading that way

However, if they are really resigning, it may the first re-poach or even on-poach of triplets in S15 or S-any number ;)

Shat myself, Bif! Chuck a hyphen in "resigning" next time, I thought you meant they were stepping down! :lmao:

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
DPK said:
Biffo said:
Moses said:
Brumbies Guy said:
Noddy said:

Shat myself, Bif! Chuck a hyphen in "resigning" next time, I thought you meant they were stepping down! :lmao:

Nah, Mate, I was having a small crack at Brumbies Guy's miss of the hyphen :)

On the use of hyphens, I was given a great piece of advice once. Think of the fine tooth comb. Most people pronounce it fine toothcomb, while the correct is fine-tooth comb. Not many people comb their teeth.

Brumbies Guy

John Solomon (38)
Biffo said:
DPK said:
Biffo said:
Moses said:
Brumbies Guy said:
Noddy said:

On the use of hyphens, I was given a great piece of advice once. Think of the fine tooth comb. Most people pronounce it fine toothcomb, while the correct is fine-tooth comb. Not many people comb their teeth.

"resign - accept as inevitable; "He resigned himself to his fate""
wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

Any chance of getting out of the typo with that definition? ... Ok you win

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
Brumbies Guy said:
Biffo said:
DPK said:
Biffo said:
Moses said:
Brumbies Guy said:
Noddy said:

"resign - accept as inevitable; "He resigned himself to his fate""
wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

Any chance of getting out of the typo with that definition? ... Ok you win

A valiant effort, but not in my books haha

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
It was a nice try, but the cigar box remains unopened. He could have gone on with it if he knew that the Fingers are re-signing for the Reds because they are resigned to their fate .. "fate" in that context being not too pleasant. ;)

Brumbies Guy

John Solomon (38)
Biffo said:
It was a nice try, but the cigar box remains unopened. He could have gone on with it if he knew that the Fingers are re-signing for the Reds because they are resigned to their fate .. "fate" in that context being not too pleasant. ;)

Dictionarys example not mine.. last word is definitly interchangeable, though on the flip side they could have signed with the force so...

T

tranquility

It would be good if we could poach him, but the brumbies would have to be mad not to try to keep them both, especially as Colby is a local.

James Buchanan

Trevor Allan (34)
Being able to play with his brothers would probably be good for him

That being said, it would raise some questions about Liam Gill's future.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Brumbies Guy said:
"resign - accept as inevitable; "He resigned himself to his fate"" wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

Now, come on, BG, you know Seppo stuff doesn't count. Guilty as charged.

Status
Not open for further replies.