• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Good news on White...

Bad news is To'omua is likely to get dropped with McCabe's return...

Aaaaaaarrrgggghhhh...

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Now the word is that either A Smith or even AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) could drop to the bench in place of McCabe to keep To'omua on the park...

I will chuckle if AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) is dropped...

He doesn't deserve to be, and should be playing at outside centre...

But since the Brumbies season is pretty much over they should get McCabe into outside centre or keep A Smith there with one eye on next year...

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)
AACs form has been fairly loose this season. McCabe has been solid. And we need to see more of Andrew Smith who has huge potential but isn’t the youngest guy around and he need opportunity to get ahead.

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
Reported on foxsports.

The Brumbies are expected to promote third-string halfback Nic White to the 22-man squad for the must-win match against the Hurricanes in Canberra on Saturday.

With top halves Josh Valentine and Patrick Phibbs failing to produce their best form, White is regarded by many observers in Canberra as overdue for a place in the squad. There has even been talk of White as a possible starter.

good news!!!

I'll believe it when I see it. Its takent his long to get To'omua into the side...

P

Paradox

White should have started the season at 9. The Brumbies (aside from White) have the worst scrum halves of any Australian side. Getting to the breakdown has been optional for them and their passing slow and inaccurate.

I didn't think To'omua was as good as people are making him out to be. Kicked poorly and made quite a few mistakes. The potential is there but he hasn't performed.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
White should have started the season at 9. The Brumbies (aside from White) have the worst scrum halves of any Australian side. Getting to the breakdown has been optional for them and their passing slow and inaccurate.

I didn't think To'omua was as good as people are making him out to be. Kicked poorly and made quite a few mistakes. The potential is there but he hasn't performed.

Eh...

It was his first proper game of the year, and made a few errors that he should've been making in round 1 rather than now...

Aside from a couple of kicks that went too far he led the attack better than Giteau has in the first 5 rounds...

nathan

Darby Loudon (17)
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/u...eful-thinks-time-is-white-20110406-1d3op.html

It's been confirmed. Matt Giteau is making the team selections and potentially playing head coach.

Brumbies captain Matt Giteau urged Rea to stick with the combination and give the trio of Giteau, Christian Lealiifano and Matt To'omua a chance to develop a dynamic combination.

"Whichever way we go, we've got to stick at it for a while and almost trust in it," Giteau said.

"You've got to stick with those three or you don't, but whatever way you decide you've got stick with it to really get those combinations going.

"Injuries are out of your control so that will disrupt things, but where you can I think we'd like to have that normality of having the same team."

The Brumbies will give Pat McCabe a fitness test tomorrow to see if he's ready to return from a hamstring injury.

He ran freely at training yesterday, but the Brumbies will wait to see how he recovers and whether he can train later in the week.

Giteau said he had been impressed with White's efforts at training as well as his performances in captaining the Brumby Runners, but he believed that Valentine and Phibbs were improving.

What a douche.

Italian Stallion

Stan Wickham (3)
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/u...eful-thinks-time-is-white-20110406-1d3op.html

It's been confirmed. Matt Giteau is making the team selections and potentially playing head coach.

What a douche.

He is the Head Selector.....WHITE should be the Halfback, get rid of Gits mate Valentine, he does nothing other than niggle...and even then he cant back it up. Want a big call...DROP GITEAU, have White, To'omua, Lealiifano, A Smith, AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) and Speight on the Wings, McCabe at fullback or even get rid of AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper), bring in Fainifo and have him and Speight on wings, McCabe at the back...cant make Semis so might as well look to next season, and blooding these young blokes would be a good way to do it.

T

TheTruth

See the ponies are chasing Luke Morahan for 2012 - would be a real asset to ACT and a huge loss to QLD

vidiot

John Solomon (38)
Maybe from Morahan's perspective thats the problem - he has been on the fringes for a couple of seasons and performed solidly with any opportunities, but has never looked like becoming a regular starter. Maybe the next couple of games will make his career at the reds.... or make his mind up re his future.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
If I was Morohan I would be waiting to see how the Digby negotiations pan out. I have a gut feeling that the family thing will be a big strongpoint for a Rebels bid for him. Should he go, Morohan would certainly be next in line to fill the gap.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Agree vidiot. I started writing a few years ago that Queensland Schools had so many good outside backs coming through year after year that it was inevitable that some would either be marginalised at the Reds or have to move on.

I'm not saying that Morahan will be one of them, but in a year or two I think we will see some moves.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member

What a douche.

Rubbish. Absolute rubbish. All Giteau is saying is that whatever combinations are chosen, they should be persisted with to allow them to develop. He is exactly right. Nowhere does he say where he should play, or anyone else for this matter.

And as much as some of you come on here and bag the shit out of Giteau he is still one of the Brumbies best week in, week out. Without him the team would be completely rudderless. He is the only thing separating the Brumbies from the wooden spoon at the moment.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
And as much as some of you come on here and bag the shit out of Giteau he is still one of the Brumbies best week in, week out. Without him the team would be completely rudderless. He is the only thing separating the Brumbies from the wooden spoon at the moment.

Personally, I think the burden of captaincy, fly half and kicking duties is a bit too much at the moment for him and could be guilty of trying too hard at times.
It'd be like being a cricket captain, wicketkeeper and opening batsman all in one to some degree.

Elfster

Dave Cowper (27)
I think Giteau's main problem this year has been his goal kicking. He does seem to be improving each week and has been doing some good stuff. There are issues at the horsies, but if they settle down they will do some damage to some teams.

Lat week the Waratahs played really well for the first 20 and then went missing, or turned off. It was the reverse for the Brumbies and yet they lost and the Waratahs won. I don't think the Brumbies are that far off. And another thing with Giteau is that I think he is actually realling having a go recently. You can't complain about that.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Gits (or someone, anyway) is slowly addressing his crabbing issue as well. The crabbing seems to be less pronounced. Whether that is due to To'omua spending a lot of time at first receiver, who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.