• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I think you'll find that CA's contract will either be downgraded or not renewed. There are rumours that the major naming sponsor is a logistics/delivery company that isn't FedEx.

That would have to be DHL?

I think I'd much prefer to have 'CA' on the front of the jersey than a big DHL logo.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Viliame Iongi is lining up on the wing for Tonga against the All Blacks tomorrow night.

Is he still part of the Brumbies Academy?

sudrugby

Watty Friend (18)
Viliame Iongi is lining up on the wing for Tonga against the All Blacks tomorrow night.

Is he still part of the Brumbies Academy?

He has been pretty outstanding during PNC (Pacific Nations Cup) et other preparation games. 7 tries for 6 games.

Searsy

Herbert Moran (7)
Stumbled upon Stephen Hoiles info on Wikipedia. Seems like he has been bulking up.

Full name Stephen Hoiles
Date of birth 13 October 1981 (1981-10-13) (age 29)
Place of birth Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Height 190 cm (6 ft 3 in)
Weight 310 kg (48 st 11 lb)
Nickname(s) Oily Hoiley
School(s) attended Waverly College

Interesting Position he plays as well....
Position(s) Number 69 and Flanker

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Stumbled upon Stephen Hoiles info on Wikipedia...

Interesting Position he plays as well...
Position(s) Number 69 and Flanker

Number 69, a very popular position. Played a bit of that myself in years gone past.

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)
Brumbies website has now full list of squad profiles for 2012 with playing positions. A few interesting positions given out to the new guys, Cam Crawford, Jesse Mogg and Zac Holmes fullback, Kimami Sitauti right wing, Tom Cox left wing, Fotu Auelua and Ben Mowen No.8, Christian Lealiifano and Matt To'omua Flyhalf, Tevita Kuridrani outside centre, Joseph Tomane centre (inside?),
Leon Power Lock and Sam Carter secondrow (whats the difference?) the other usual supects in their regular positions...

http://www.brumbies.com.au/Team/BrumbiesSquad.aspx

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)
How good was Nic White for the Woodies vs Randwick on the weekend… He sure made Josh Valentine look run of the mill. It’s going to be a good competition to see who wins the starting Brumbies scrum half jersey in 2012 between White and Prior.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
My agree didn't quite do it.

I think Nic is a future Wallaby. It's a big call basing that on Shute Shield form but you can see the makings. His strength is sniping so the other side of that is that he has get quick and accurate delivery up to that level - not that it is bad by any means. Sure, it helps playing in the best team in the comp, so we have to discount him a bit for that, but he has a mojo that can take him a long way IMO.

He impressed earlier this year for the Brumby Runners v the Junior Tahs, not at scrumhalf but as the 10. Versatile - and he kicked the goals too.

I don't know a lot about Prior but Qld posters talk highly of him. Nevertheless, because I reckon Nic is definitely Super quality I think that he will get the nod.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
I heard a rumor yesterday that the Brumbies will play the Blues in a trial in Darwin in Febuary. It was going to be the Chiefs though it fell through is what has been doing the rounds.

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)
Nis White reminds me of Ricky Stuart... Always thinking, always getting the extra yards... Always catching the opposition out...

Reactions: DPK

Chronicle

Chris McKivat (8)
White was outstanding on the weekend. His ability to pick out the right reciever as in FitzPatrick's try and the quick throw at the finish for Reilly's try were evidence of a very good footballer along with scoring three himself and an allround kicking game had it all on show. With his brief appearances last year looks ready to step up.

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)
Postmancheros: For those who don't remember, the Postmancheros is the ACT Brumbies' bikie gang which rode around the streets of Manuka, Griffith and Kingston on postie bikes. However, prop Dan Palmer has decided to upgrade and is getting a custom motorbike made up in the United States and it's due for arrival in a month. Matt To'omua had his postie stolen earlier this year so he gets Palmer's old wheels. Henry Vanderglas has also left, but the rumour is To'omua is about to add two more members to his gang. Peter Kimlin and Nic White have both purchased postie bikes and are ready to roll. ''Kimmo even has gloves,'' To'omua boasted. ''We're not losing muscle, we're adding it with Kimmo and Whitey and Palms's new bike.'' Palmer said he was a foundation Postmancheros member and he couldn't turn his back on the gang. But he might look a little out of place riding next to To'omua, Kimlin and White.

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/news/local/sport/general/getting-a-real-job/2301958.aspx

Status
Not open for further replies.