• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss this. Note in the interview he uses the phrase "at this point in time" a fair bit and also how he eluded to the fact that most coaches on shortlists for international coaching jobs are under contract in one way or another. It wouldn't surprise me at all if the Brumbies were looking for a new head coach in the coming months...

Dismiss it. He and Hoskins can't stand each other. It won't happen under Hoskins.

Move on.

darkhorse

Darby Loudon (17)
Well I am glad to hear that it is just talk.

However, if something were to eventuate I hope the Brumbies stick it to him. I don't want Union to be in the same situation as Soccer where player and manager contracts mean next to nothing.

numbertwo

Peter Burge (5)
I hope it's all a beat up. I'm don't know about you guys but I'm on a bit of a hair trigger when people start talking about Brumbies coaches changing. It hasn't been the easiest year being a Brumbies supporter far away from home surrounded by Waratahs and Reds supporters in the one sports bar here in Cambodia.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Clearly he's got overexcited and forgot about small matters like contract law. Shows great commitment to the Brumbies!! What a twat!

NZ reporting it too: http://www.nzherald.co.nz/rugby-world-cup-2011/news/article.cfm?c_id=522&objectid=10758202

A court would not make White coach the Brumbies - i.e. order specific performance.
Even talk of this is a freakin' disaster: look how it destabilised St George when Benny said I'm outtahere and look at Manly 2 weeks after winning a GF.
Its very hard to get players to play for the team when the person doing the asking has already signified less than complete entusiasm for that team.
Brumbies have no choices.
UNless this is as Blue says and he's no chance and he has made that clear to the Brumbies - but even this is a dangerous strategy because each player would have to know that was the ploy otherwise the same questions arise.
Pretty unimpressive start form a bloke who always impressed me.....

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
kittens1.jpg

:)

Jake is telling Hoskins "Yeah remember me. I'm the guy who delivered you the cup, wanted to stay, and you shafted me. Now what do you have?"

I look forward to a few trips down the Federal Highway over the next few years and will enjoy the Brumbies win another title under Jake White.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
as longs as his players know he has no intention of not honouring his contract with the Brumbies - he does seem like a man of principle...so I hope youre right

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)
Quote Jake White:
"I've got a contract here in Canberra, I'm enjoying putting the program together with a great group of staff and players and I'm definitely not leaving," he said.

"As a proud South African it has always been my intention to one day return to my homeland and as an ambitious coach, leading the national team again is also something I would like to achieve in the future.

"I will not turn my back on South Africa but for at least the next four years I am 100 per cent committed to leading the Brumbies and returning Super Rugby success to the people of Canberra."

Currently in New Zealand, White will return to Canberra after the World Cup to prepare for Brumbies preseason training, which starts on October 24.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
The Brumbies have today launched their 2012 Membership drive with this new ad:

[video=youtube;D3SHS-MMOu8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3SHS-MMOu8[/video]

R

RonnieP

Great ad. It's a shame they are going to get pumped even worse next year. When you compare the squads, they have lost so much and been replaced with a lot of un-tested players at that level. I hope I'm wrong but very interested to see how they go.

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)
Talent isn’t as rare as opportunity and the new players will know this once Jake White has finished with their preseason… Next season will come down to smart coaching directing a young team to know their game plan against each team week by week… Plenty of solid players in their line up… last season most big name players were out injured so they played with many rookies… I think the Brumbies will impress next season and surprise many teams… It would have been good to have signed Diane Rossouw but Fotu Auelua, Ben Mowen and Leon Power will go a long way in strengthening the forwards…

many other teams will be changing also after the RWC...

and plenty of quality new backs... White, Prior, Crawford, Tomane, Sitauti, Cox... etc

The Forwards will be bigger and younger and the Backs bigger and faster... and more squad depth through better balance in the squad.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
The lack of percieved talent is the Brumbies biggest strength. Call it a clean slate if you wish. Jake White has come in early enough to sign his own cattle and impliment his vision. The time required for the Brumbies revival should be shorter than most think.

I look forward to seing them next year.

PS Moore must be captain.

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
Be interesting to see whether the Inside back combo of White and To'omua gets a run next year, particularly in the trials. I reckon that halves pairing will be very compelling if given a chance. I'm also very keen to see how Tomane readjusts to rugby and whether he can play 13. He's a winger for mine but you never know.

Plenty of good young backs talent at the Brumbies.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
McCabe possibly out until April...

Wallabies inside centre Pat McCabe will undergo an operation on his injured shoulder today, which will sideline him for four to six months and see him miss the start of next year's Super Rugby season with the Brumbies.

Status
Not open for further replies.