• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I'd have more confidence in Siliva than Hegarty though...

Hegarty's set piece was pretty atrocious last year, and I don't think it's surprising that the Brumbies looked for the other guys ahead of him...

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)
Hegarty is young and has time to improve... He was thrown in a little early due to injuries to the 2 senior hookers... Agree Brumbies had too many No.8... Speak of which, when is Auelua due to join the squad? :nta:

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)
I forgot about Mark Gerrard... there is an article in the Times about Hegarty and Rory Murphys’ player status, I'm amazed the ARU are so slow in making this simple player assessment... the ARU really need to pick up their game, come on JON what’s your team doing in Sydney!

article extract... "The Brumbies are still waiting for the Australian Rugby Union to decide whether Murphy will fill one of their foreign-based player contracts or be classified as eligible to play for the Wallabies.

Until the ARU finalises its stance on Murphy's eligibility, there remains a chance South African Danie Rossouw could still join the Brumbies next year. If the ARU rules Murphy can play for the Wallabies, the Brumbies will still have a foreign marquee player contract available.

If they decide he is an international player, Murphy and winger Henry Speight will fill the two foreign player spots despite neither having represented their respective countries at Test level.

The Brumbies could ask the ARU for dispensation if they were keen to secure Rossouw, but any special requests are unlikely to be made until after Murphy's status is finalised."

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/new...ngs-on-for-last-spot/2385589.aspx?storypage=0

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
This was brought up when I first saw Jake White, which was about a month ago, and he hoped it would be a fairly straight forward response. From what I gather, RUPA could be involved too, but I'm not so sure about that.

It could be that the whole reason the Brumbies signed Murphy was with an eye on obtaining Australian eligibility.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
But if the Brumbies now have a full 35 man squad (including EPS), how would Danie Rossouw fit in?

I notice the only player (aside from Hegarty) missing from the Brumbies' team page is Fardy...?

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)
Rossouw would be a great addition, however he will have played. a full Super rugby season and RWc and Japan season so by the time he gets to the brumbies he may need TLC and not game time AKA one Rocky Elsom... Who delivered very little to the club... then pissed off... good work Rocky you were a passenger mate... a massive waste of time and club resources... Can RUPA recoup some of his costs for the club.. haha... signing Ben Mowen was a massive step foward for the Brumbies...

B

bigshorts

I hear ya Muddy, may even have been more than one casual tourist last year ..

T

TOCC

Rossouw would be a great addition, however he will have played. a full Super rugby season and RWc and Japan season so by the time he gets to the brumbies he may need TLC and not game time AKA one Rocky Elsom... Who delivered very little to the club... then pissed off... good work Rocky you were a passenger mate... a massive waste of time and club resources... Can RUPA recoup some of his costs for the club.. haha... signing Ben Mowen was a massive step foward for the Brumbies...

getting injured was hardly his fault.. no one in the ACT was complaining when Rocky first signed up with the club...

yourmatesam

Desmond Connor (43)
Looking at the Brumbies Contract List there are a number of players who are off contract in 2012. I think this will be positive for Jake White because he can really use next year as a gauge on who sits where in the group and who he wants to hold onto for the course of his time at the helm.

It's interesting that McCabe, To'omua and Lealiifano are all off contract at the end of 2012.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Is McCabe actually signed onto 2012, or is it 2013?

I only ask because I seem to recall the news that he re-signed, which only occured this year, but nothing actually stating when he was signed on until?

yourmatesam

Desmond Connor (43)
Is McCabe actually signed onto 2012, or is it 2013?

I only ask because I seem to only recall the news that he re-signed, but nothing actually stating when he was signed on until?

Not sure Slim, I'm only going off the info on the wiki page mate.

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)
Brumbies welcome another lock, Scott Fardy has join the Brumbies squad now his contract with Japanese side the Kamaishi Seawaves ended.

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/news/local/sport/rugby-union/fardys-no-newbie/2388248.aspx

Article extract.... ''I was stoked that the Brumbies showed interest in me to come here and give me a chance to play Super Rugby.

''I didn't get a game with the Force, so I want to come here and show what I'm worth.''

Fardy's arrival means there are just three players absent from Jake White's pre-season training - Wallabies Ben Alexander and Stephen Moore and Fotu Auelua who won't finish his Japanese stint until early next year. Fardy, a versatile lock/back-rower, adds valuable experience to the youthful Brumbies squad.

While he hasn't played in the competition before, he has more experience than most of White's young guns and is an imposing figure at 198cm and 113kg.

He has been part of the NSW Waratahs academy squad and trained with the Brumbies in 2009 while Ben Hand, Mark Chisholm and Sitaleki Timani were injured.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Fardy was one of those Sydney club players who one thought would do well in Super rugby but they didn't use him at the Force. He was a top player for the Rats and their skipper - but all that at a lower level of rugby.

If he is needed to play from the EPS he will give a good account of himself. He is listed as a flanker on the G & G Wiki but he played most often in the 2nd row in the Shute Shield. He is an excellent lineout organiser and participant, and is a hard head.

Status
Not open for further replies.