• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
Surely they could do a deal with the AIS. It is one of the better sporting institutions in the world, only a fool would not try and get in on that.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
Is crawford the tall fullback that played for norths in the shute shield last year. I only saw a couple of games but he looks the goods. Will be interesting to see how Tomane, Kuridrani and Sitauti go - all big and powerful runners.

I like the look of the White - To'omua - Lilo - McCabe line up. Coleman on the bench ready to step up at any time as well.

Empire

Syd Malcolm (24)
Yourmatesam: nothing of note has been done with Phillip, especially since the grandstand burned down. You may not have been here for a while, but in typical Canberra fashion, nothing changes quickly...

Empire

Syd Malcolm (24)
And furthermore yourmatesam, we've just put a picture of our 1st XV from 2002 up in the gym. Are you in that one?

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)
the Griffith development will fund the club well for the future... there are too many idle nay-sayers in Griffith who are holding back their community. Canberra has trouble with lobby groups, always has, always will because of the idle bureaucrats filling the postcodes... Its really is time for these people to the let others who are younger to plan their own city as the future is theirs...

A good facility at the ANU could work well. I don't know how keen the ANU is about this idea. The Brumbies don't need shared facilities but their own space.

Griffith heritage issue is a joke there is another public oval right next to it and public walking parkland all the way to Manuka and through to the lake. Brumbies a have slid history in this district, players like it, it would be a shame if they went to Belconnen.

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)
Yourmatesam: nothing of note has been done with Phillip, especially since the grandstand burned down. You may not have been here for a while, but in typical Canberra fashion, nothing changes quickly...

There is talk of the Canberra hospital extending over the road into that area.

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)
No real surprize here, To'omua and Lealiifano should start at 10 & 12... I'm sure they'll swap sharp from time to time against different teams...

Brumbies likely to move McCabe down the line
While Pat McCabe may have finished the Rugby World Cup as the Wallaby No.12 he may be overlooked in Super Rugby by new Brumbies coach in favour of Christian Lealiifano.

McCabe is unlikely to be left off the team sheet though and is likely to start the new Super Rugby season with the No. 13 jumper.

The centre said this week that he was on track for an early recovery from the shoulder reconstruction he had done six weeks ago and could even feature in the Brumbies opening match of the season.

However the twenty-three-year-old said that it had been all but confirmed that he will start the season outside of Matt To'omua and Lealiifano.

"Position-wise, I don't know to be honest," McCabe told the Sydney Morning Herald.

"From speaking with Jake, I'm not sure that I'll be playing 12 at the Brumbies."

"I asked Bernie (backs coach Stephen Larkham) the other day and he just said to make sure I know how to play 12, 13, 11, 14 and 15.

"So I have no idea yet, but I'm not too worried.

"Jake has spoken about a few things he'd like to see me improve on and what he wants me to do for the place and position-wise, I think he's settled on Matt To'omua and Christian for the main playmaking roles.

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)
The one player i have questions marks over is Tomane, i think he is going to take a while to bring through, he was somewhat a defensive liability for the titans.. It wasn't just his ability to read the play correctly, he actually had quite a poor tackling technique as well with a rather low completion rate comparatively.

A player of similar qualities Will Chambers was considered a strong defender for the storm, but pretty average when he came to the Reds.

Tomane was reported as been over 110kg when he was at the titans, but the brumbies website has him at 102kg now.. which i think will work out much better for him in the transition process.

I wouldn't be surprised if you see McCabe back on the wing or fullback and Tomane in at 13. Players can learn to tackle, Tomane will be fine... Crawford most likely for fullback... I don't think Jake White is going die wondering what a player can bring to the field, he'll just throw them in the deep end and see if they can swim... there will be plenty of other rookies in opposition teams in 2012... Jake has stated he sees this as a 2 year process so he'll be prepared to back the new guys, and see what they've got, he really has no choice...

T

TOCC

Nothing wrong with shared facilities... It's a fantastic way to improve efficiency and save on costs..

Happens in Sydney, Melborne and Brisbane.. Heck the Roar and Reds both share Ballymore and went alright in 2011..

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)
Nothing wrong with shared facilities... It's a fantastic way to improve efficiency and save on costs..

Happens in Sydney, Melborne and Brisbane.. Heck the Roar and Reds both share Ballymore and went alright in 2011..
Firstly The Reds and Roar play in different seasons.... and It doesn't work that well for the Tahs...

My concern is in Canberra there are less professional teams and the Brumbies could end up training with a local park club of any code or students... the Griffith HQ facilities are old but well presented, the HQ privacy works... they also move around a lot and train at the Vikings, and AIS. Its a shame that the Manuka oval admin hasn't built a pro training facility...

yourmatesam

Desmond Connor (43)
And furthermore yourmatesam, we've just put a picture of our 1st XV from 2002 up in the gym. Are you in that one?

Yeah, I'd say so empire. Without seeing the photo, it should have Eddie Langi, Bevan Hand, Brook Butler, Matt Hogan, CJ Fitzpatrick, Sam Shirley, Florian Geier, Adam Shiels of the top of my head. I'd love to see a copy of it if you get the chance!

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Jake White said yesterday that he is in no hurry to name a captain for next season. So we'll have to wait til near the start of the season to find out who it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.