• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

sudrugby

Watty Friend (18)
There might be a Brumbies overseas group in Grenoble as it has been reported that Henry Vanderglas will play there next year as well as Ben Hand et Anthony Hegarty

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Grenoble has just been promoted to the Top 14 but they'll want better players than those fellows to stay up.

They've played some Super Rugby (Hand has played a lot) but they are really ProD2 standard.

sudrugby

Watty Friend (18)
Grenoble has just been promoted to the Top 14 but they'll want better players than those fellows to stay up.

They've played some Super Rugby (Hand has played a lot) but they are really ProD2 standard.

That is what I was thinking but unfortunately some French clubs are pretty blind when it comes to find some players abroad

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
Could be a good move, having the French teach him how to be a proper front rower. 2-3 years there and he'd come back quite nicely developed...

James O'Connor

Bob McCowan (2)
Lam would be a good singing, however I think that Fotu and Ita offer enough stinging defence. I want to see Colby get a run off the bench already and see the brumbies sign a new outside centre. I know smith has been playing well but he wont be pulling on a rep jersey anytime soon.

Brumbies Guy

John Solomon (38)
Pocock will see the light and sign soon, we don't need any more backrowers. I think the plan going into next year will be to shift Tomane into the centres, so if we can replace Crawford+Cox with a quality starting winger to take on Tomane's vacant spot we'll be looking fine.. Obviously that's just wishful thinking

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Mowen and Kimlin have 6 covered...

Fotu and Vaea (and Mowen) are our 8's...

Lam would be a good signing with Hooper gone and to add some depth...

Colby definitely needs some game time this year...

Thankfully, the Wales match provides a perfect opportunity for Jake to size up some fringe players...

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Pocock will see the light and sign soon, we don't need any more backrowers. I think the plan going into next year will be to shift Tomane into the centres, so if we can replace Crawford+Cox with a quality starting winger to take on Tomane's vacant spot we'll be looking fine.. Obviously that's just wishful thinking

Crawford was tipped to start for the Brumbies at the beginning of the year, and has been unlucky not to get any gametime so far...

Definitely need to hang onto him...

Brumbies Guy

John Solomon (38)
Crawford was tipped to start for the Brumbies at the beginning of the year, and has been unlucky not to get any gametime so far...

Definitely need to hang onto him...

I've seen him in quite a few club games down here now, the only other contracted winger we've got he'd start over would be Cox based on what I've seen (and I don't expect Cox to play 1minute of Super Rugby from his 2 year contract). Hopefully White/Larkham can turn them around in their second preseason perhaps. Crawford's definitely got the size and speed to make a fist of it.

James O'Connor

Bob McCowan (2)
Yeah I would like to see cox and crawford get a run against Wales, see what they can do. They both seem to posses good skills and could both play will given the oppotunity. Tomane at outside would be a dream. I thought Kudriani would have made more of an impact when he played that what he has.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
The other day Fagan was on the radio discussing things about next year, namely the salary cap. He then said that they have signed 29 players for next year and have $400,000 left in that cap which left me thinking that Pocock coming was still on.

Well today, Fox Sports tweeted that Pocock is expected to leave the Force and come to the Brumbies.

Hopefully this isn't another Will ReNegia effort.

Troy

Jim Clark (26)
The other day Fagan was on the radio discussing things about next year, namely the salary cap. He then said that they have signed 29 players for next year and have $400,000 left in that cap which left me thinking that Pocock coming was still on.

Well today, Fox Sports tweeted that Pocock is expected to leave the Force and come to the Brumbies.

Hopefully this isn't another Will ReNegia effort.

Just saw this on Twitter:
Louise Ransome@LouRansome
Fresh reports David Pocock is set to leave the Force to join the Brumbies on a deal worth up to $500,000 a season.

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
If the speculation is true, then it raises the issue of Mowen vs Pocock as Brumbies skipper. I would hope that the Brumbies stick with Mowen, he is really hitting his straps as captain. Pocock seems burdened with it.

Edit: The skipper debate is all idle speculation on my part though. The deal is still just rumors.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
Rakic has his faults but his stories often prove out more than most:
THE INSIDE BACK June 5, 2012 SMH - Josh Rakic

David Pocock looks set to walk out on the Western Force and link up with the Brumbies in a deal that could earn the openside breakaway up to $500,000 a season. Pocock has a strong relationship with coach Jake White, and is said to be desperate to play for a team capable of winning the Super Rugby championship. He is expected to confirm the move to the capital within coming weeks. White yesterday flew to Japan to meet good friend Eddie Jones, and was unable to be contacted last night. The move is a massive coup for the Brumbies and could go down as one of the greatest player developments in Super Rugby history - they lose new No.7 star Michael Hooper to the Waratahs and replace him with the world's best openside breakaway and Wallabies captain.

Status
Not open for further replies.