• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
I guess that everybody knows that Dan Palmer and Peter Kimlin have signed with Grenoble - they must love Aussies.

Anyway - I'd like to see how Scott Sio goes as a THP. He started there against Wales in a mid-week game last last year and he seems to be such a strong young bugger that he might make a fist of it.

It's more likely that Alexander will switch permanently to THP but I can't recall if anybody else has been recruited, or not.

Can somebody list the losses from the contracted players and EPS - then list the gains?

Thanks.

I would also like to see Scott have a go at THP. Think he would be better than Benny A. However, Brumbies have Ruan Smith on the books and he has looked strong in trial matches. Actually plays a lot like Scott Sio around the park I think we'll see a lot of him when Dan leaves.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
I remember Ruan as a schools player before he went back to South Africa and always wondered how he would do in pro rugby, so maybe we will see him in action sometime for the Brumbies, after getting 20 minutes total for the Force in a couple of games last year.

He could do a bit of damage with ball in hand at the schools level.

He was a LHP at school and I am always a bit surprised to see schoolies show up on the other head in senior rugby, but I shouldn't be because the schools scrum laws in Oz are so different. Paddy Ryan was another schools LHP, by the way, and a bloody good one.

I assume that Ruan is playing club rugby. Anybody know how he is going in the comp? He didn't impress me in an Academy game I saw him in last year but that is a long time ago at his age.

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Judging by a recent twitter post from JP Smith (Ruan's twin brother and fello prop) it looks like he has also recently moved to Canberra and will be joining the Brumbies organisation.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Ruaidhri Murphy tore his ACL playing club rugby on the weekend and will need surgery. Could be out for some time.

humanbeast

Ted Fahey (11)
Seems Ruan to step up. Has there been any movement on a replacement in the EPS.
I was at the GPS v Souths game on the weekend and one of the GPS boys told me JP Smith (Ruans twin) was now in canberra I am assuming he now has some involvement at the brumbies

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Special jersey for Lions match.........

Lions_Jersey.PNG

Limited Edition Replica Jersey to be worn against the British & Irish Lions on 18th June

Lions Jersey
Key Features:

· Only 500 available

· The jersey features 1004 names of players who have represented the ACT in the non-professional era and Brumbies Rugby in professional era

· Features initial and surnames

· Available in Men’s only design based on Large Men’s jersey (please be aware if ordering small or medium names will be lost)

· British & Irish Lions logo appears on right sleeve with date of match Tuesday 18th June 2013

· Celebrating 75 Years ACT Rugby embroidered below Brumbies logo

· Modified design of traditional Home jersey with additional colour panels down sides and under arms

Ordering
Jerseys available to pre-order online or via reception
Delivery – production lead time is estimated to be 6 weeks from date of order
Please note: Special Price, No further discounts apply
Purchase Limited Edition Replica Jersey to be worn against the British & Irish Lions on 18th June from $150.00

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Brumbies will now lose Moore, Alexander, Mowen, Lealiifano and Tomane to the Wallabies training squad. Fotu is also out with arm/shoulder damage. Status of McCabe and Smith (Andrew) I would think is doubtful for the match against the Rebels, and George is unavailable of course. So who steps up for all of these for the next round?

Siliva is certain to start in place of Squeaky, and the front row is likely to be Sio and Palmer (if Dan is fit to play), otherwise Ruan Smith. Who's the next prop in line if needed?

Who plays 8 in lieu of Mowen and Aeulua? Kimlin played 8 a few times some years ago, but I don't think he is fast enough around the park to fill in. Can Smiler play 8? If so, who is on the bench to cover 6, 7 and 8? Etienne will surely come on to the bench, and if needed Scott Fardy can then cover 6. But will Kimlin shift to 8 if there is an injury in the back row?

12 is also an interesting situation. Robbie Coleman is a good attacking 12 but I have some reservations about his defence, which is an important part of the Brumbies' gameplan. Could Holmes come in at 10 and Matt To'omua shift to 12? Or could Jordan Rapana come in from the JI Dent comp? Think I would like to see this last option given a go.

Stephan van der Walt should now come into the squad and the vacant wing spot will be between him and Clyde. One to start and one on the bench.

Thoughts?

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
It was originally reported that if they were in contention for the finals then concessions would be made to allow them some of those players.......

Aside from Moore and Alexander I don't expect Deans to start the other guys for the Wobs' first test so they should be made available to play........

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
At a guess:

1. Sio
2. Siliva
3. R Smith/Palmer
4. Fardy
5. Carter
6. Kimlin
7. Smiler
8. Fainga'a
9. White
10. To'omua
11. Rathbone
12. Coleman
13. Kuridrani
14. Speight
15. Mogg

16. Mann-Rea
17. R Smith/Palmer
18. Oosthuizen
19. Power
20. Prior
21. Holmes
22. van der Walt

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
I don't much about Smiler but I have seen Colby play 8 for Vikings locally. Including a hat trick in the 2011 GF.

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
At a guess:

1. Sio
2. Siliva
3. R Smith/Palmer
4. Fardy
5. Carter
6. Kimlin
7. Smiler
8. Fainga'a
9. White
10. To'omua
11. Rathbone
12. Coleman
13. Kuridrani
14. Speight
15. Mogg

16. Mann-Rea
17. R Smith/Palmer
18. Oosthuizen
19. Power
20. Prior
21. Holmes
22. van der Walt

Jesus, quite a change....

P

Paradox

Whispers that McCabe might be ready?

I'd being Oost into lock. Push Fardy back to 6 and Kimmo to play 8.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
At a guess:

1. Sio
2. Siliva
3. R Smith/Palmer
4. Fardy
5. Carter
6. Kimlin
7. Smiler
8. Fainga'a
9. White
10. To'omua
11. Rathbone
12. Coleman
13. Kuridrani
14. Speight
15. Mogg

16. Mann-Rea
17. R Smith/Palmer
18. Oosthuizen
19. Power
20. Prior
21. Holmes
22. van der Walt

Still a strong squad. I like the front row and expect they will more than match the Rebs. Colby at 8 could be an inspiration. He has a high workload and extremely strong defence. As I said above, Robbie C is a good attacking 12 but I am not so sure about his defence. But he wouldn't be directly opposed to one of the better 12s in the comp. Really hope Stephan gets an opportunity in this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.