• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Since some of the comings, goings and re-signings are in for 2015, it's time for a new thread.

Recent signings are Matt To'omua for 3 years and Nic White for 2. Christian Lealiifano is rumoured to re-sign too. Also coming are Nigel Ah Wong and rumours of Sean Doyle from Ulster.

Definitely not at the Brumbies in 2015 are Ben Mowen (Montpellier, France), Ruaidhri Murphy (Ulster, Ireland), Andrew Smith (Munster, Ireland).

These are the ones I can think of right now.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Are we likely to lose any of our wider training group/reserve players who haven't been able to get good game time? Thinking players like van der Walt, Tatekawa, Cronje. Also, is Whetton likely to stay around with Staniforth coming through the ranks?

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Not a bad pickup for the Brumbies if Sean Doyle is an out-and-out openside to back up Bam Bam.
(Taken from the Ulster site)
Player Blog

Sean arrived in Belfast in the summer of 2012 from Sydney club side Southern Districts. The Australian born openside flanker was one of the leading players in the New South Wales Premier Grade and has represented NSW ‘A’. His high workrate and ability to win turnovers have already made him an important player for Ulster.

He had a difficult first season when he suffered a fractured leg in a club game. Now fully recovered he had an excellent preseason and is expected to become a key member of the squad in the 2013/14 campaign.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
I read yesterday that with al these players sticky around Tomane will be the won who misses out and is looking to head to France next year.

Real shame surly the reds or force could find a home for him.

Sir Arthur Higgins

Alan Cameron (40)
Tomane would get solid offers from the reds and rebels for sure. Even the force need more wing depth.
Can't see him leaving Aus. He is getting better all the time.
Rebels definitely need a player like him

Ghibli

Ted Thorn (20)
The Crimes reported that cashed up Rebels made a massive offer to a Brumby off contract this year: Tomane? Speight? Fotu?

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I thought they were trying to throw money at To'omua and Lilo?

How cashed up are they now though?

Ghibli

Ted Thorn (20)
Sean Doyle?

We didn't even get the guy yet.
Would be the shortest Brumbies' career without doubt.

With the holy trinity (White, Toumua and Lilo) secured, and Speight indicating that his contract negotiations with the Brums may be close to completion in the sponsor's marquee before the match with the Sharks, my guess would be that the targeted player could be someone like Tomane, Fotu, or even Mogg. Hope is not Fardy or Sio.

T

Train Without a Station

Reds would be smart to make plays at Mogg and Fotu. Both players with links to QLD and both able to fill a void we have.

T

Train Without a Station

Yeah I think Higgers said the same thing about Brisbane. Guess there's no point talking to Mogg at all then.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Doesn't want to leave Canberra just means the price tag is a bit higher than if he didn't care whether or not he stays in Canberra.

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
Doesn't want to leave Canberra just means the price tag is a bit higher than if he didn't care whether or not he stays in Canberra.

Most cases I would agree with you, but I think with Mogg he is still working on his confidence (as we saw in the early season games) thus the reluctance to move yet.

T

Train Without a Station

I'm less cynical. I'm sure it just means, if there is a good offer he will stay. If other provinces are offer double though all bets are off.

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
I'm less cynical. I'm sure it just means, if there is a good offer he will stay. If other provinces are offer double though all bets are off.

Yep, its always hard to resist $$$$! The two I worry about being poached are Foto and Joe Tomane,

I think getting the key players like To'omua, Lilo and White signed was a smart move that might sway the balance hopefully.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Apparently there'll be word on Mogg within the next week so I would assume he's going to re-sign..........

The big 3 they need to hang onto are Sio, Fardy and Speight............

Having the RWC next year will help the Brumbies as that will make some players a lot less reluctant to change teams before then.........

Reactions: mst
Status
Not open for further replies.