• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Train Without a Station

In the context of Sam's career whilst devastating now in a World Cup year it may be better for him long term. Will give him a good half a year to work on his body to help improve his effectiveness in contact and hopefully come back bigger and better in 2016.

I think Sam was found wanting a little in the rugby championship in 2014 and the modern season gives players no opportunity to work on their bodies and conditioning before the next season.

Good luck to him on his recovery and return to the field.

Almost 2 old

Chris McKivat (8)
Very sad to see this kid injure himself as any leg joint injury can often be fatal to upcoming tight 5 international careers.

I was sitting in the crowd on Friday night and was listening to a couple of numbnuts banging on about "he's young and will get over it" . It got the best of me , as it would, and I had to ask them to what level they had played and had they ever had a serious leg joint injury ? The reply from both was that they played lower grades and with minimal injuries. So in my ever polite manner, I suggested to them that they didn't know "shit from clay" as a season ending injury could finish an international career because at that level the competition for positions is so tight. I hope it doesn't with this boy as I think he is very good.

T

TOCC

I was sitting in the crowd on Friday night and was listening to a couple of numbnuts banging on about "he's young and will get over it" . It got the best of me , as it would, and I had to ask them to what level they had played and had they ever had a serious leg joint injury ? The reply from both was that they played lower grades and with minimal injuries. So in my ever polite manner, I suggested to them that they didn't know "shit from clay" as a season ending injury could finish an international career because at that level the competition for positions is so tight. I hope it doesn't with this boy as I think he is very good.

Charming

T

Train Without a Station

Very sad to see this kid injure himself as any leg joint injury can often be fatal to upcoming tight 5 international careers.

Injuries don't ruin careers. Form when returning does.

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
He'll be fine.

It's a torn, not ruptured, medial ligament, and small fracture. He'll come back in better condition than he is now, all the leg work during rehab will do him good.

T

TOCC

Grade 3 tear = ruptured, i.e. completely torn. Same thing.

yep, Grade 3 is a complete separation of the ligament..
His torn ligament will need to be replaced with a graft, this can involves screws and soft tissue or ligament taken from elsewhere..

If Sam also has a broken bone, this could make the issue more complex if that broken bone is in vicinity of where they need to fix the graft, if they need to wait for his broken bone to heal first before fixing the tendon then it could blow out the rehab time. alliteratively they might use plates and screws to fix his broken bone whilst at the same time conducting the graft..

In any case its not a nice injury, but if he has just torn his medial and not his medial and ACL then its not too bad.

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
I just got off the 'phone to a member of Sam Carter's (immediate) family. He was operated on in Bris-Vegas yesterday, and is now back in the Nation's Capital!
His cartilage was removed and replaced, (presumably with a silicon product), his bones were 're-positioned', and the best news is that "nothing was done to his medial ligament, because it didn't need it"!
That will give him a month between the end of his ambulation, and the 2015 RWC!! Go Sam!!!

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)
Mr Doug... Thanks for the up date on Sam... I look forward to seeing him play again at the RWC... Go Sam!!!

southsider

Arch Winning (36)

If that isn't the definition of being a pest I don't know what is

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
Mr Doug. Thanks for the up date on Sam. I look forward to seeing him play again at the RWC. Go Sam!!!

That's ok mudskipper, happy to pass on current, accurate info.
The surgeon has done his job, so now it's up to Sam and his support team.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Tonight's award winners:

• ActewAGL Community Player – Tom Staniforth
• Shawn MacKay Most Outstanding Young Talent – Rory Arnold and Blake Enever
• Stallion of the Year, Supporter’s Choice – David Pocock
• Best Back – Christian Lealiifano
• Best Forward – David Pocock
• Brett Robinson Player’s Player – David Pocock

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)