• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Stephen Moore, Scot Fardy, Joe Tomane and Tevita Kuridrani are in the Barbarians squad to play Gloucester on November 17 & Argentina on the 21st.

The RWC players won't be back training until early next year.

You'd hope Cubelli is coming since it was announced in the membership packs.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Stephen Moore, Scot Fardy, Joe Tomane and Tevita Kuridrani are in the Barbarians squad to play Gloucester on November 17 & Argentina on the 21st.

The RWC players won't be back training until early next year.

You'd hope Cubelli is coming since it was announced in the membership packs.

Gloucester in Gloucester? and Argentina in Argentina? Lots of travel in front of them with little rest beforehand or in between. Will the games be televised?

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)
Cubelli's Brumbies announcement would be after the Pumas v Barbarians match at Twickers... I'm guessing, if he is coming ?...

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
After personally meeting Stephen Moore after the game then travelling home on the same plane as he and the other Brumbies players involved.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
From Intruder in the Reds thread

Having let go of Kotze, Murday, Horwill, O'Donoghue all after last season and now NRC Prospect Ben Hyne has been scooped up by the Brumbies for a pre season contract

topgun

Billy Sheehan (19)
He's a little small isn't he? I guess he's just desperate not to be picked up by the Reds...

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
he's 194cm, so no 200cm+ giant. But gees he's a hard worker and would suit the Brumbies squad well. He'll be well behind Staniforth, Enever and Arnold but he's a very handy player.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Brumbies tight five depth the best in Oz surely?
They have the best stable of locks at the least.
The hooker situation is precarious though.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Would Hugh Roach go back to the Ponies? He did some academy time down there IIRC immediately after leaving School.

He doesn't seem to be getting too much game time at the Tahs (6 games - 4 Bench, 2 starts), and looks like being behind Latu and TPN for the next few years as well.
http://www.itsrugby.co.uk/player_23714.html

Interesting that the Rugby Stats page doesn't record the game (8 minutes IIRC) he played for Western Force off the bench against the 2013 B&I Lions.

topgun

Billy Sheehan (19)
Would Hugh Roach go back to the Ponies? He did some academy time down there IIRC immediately after leaving School.

He doesn't seem to be getting too much game time at the Tahs (6 games - 4 Bench, 2 starts), and looks like being behind Latu and TPN for the next few years as well.
http://www.itsrugby.co.uk/player_23714.html

Interesting that the Rugby Stats page doesn't record the game (8 minutes IIRC) he played for Western Force off the bench against the 2013 B&I Lions.

I'd like to think Roachy will begin to see some proper time, Taf won't last forever as much as we want him to and In my mind he's as good a Hooker as Latu, he just plays in a completely different frame: a 3rd flanker rather than a 3rd prop. At just about any other franchise he'd have regular game time

Status
Not open for further replies.