• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkSide

Sydney Middleton (9)
This may be an unpopular opinion but I've never been comfortable with the Brumbies version of player power. This may be the incident they need to transform into a more professional administration.

Reactions: mst

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
Michael Jones exiting Brumbies HQ....
So where do you think he is going next? Japan, Italy or Kazakhstan?

image.jpg

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
Yeah, but what I do find interesting is that from all reports Bernie is in the Jones camp and has yet to sign his contract extension (I think this is the biggest clue in this whole saga to be honest and give Reds and Force fans some possibilities to dwell on).

Jones so far has been pretty savvy in what he is doing and, as reported, has key allies being the sponsors, Bernie and the other coaches and the playing group. So I don't think this will lose the playing group, rather divide the club more.

Interesting times, and the Moore thing doesn't surprise me as reports were that Bernie was unimpressed with Moore as well. I think this one could be that "others" wanted to reward for his loyal service and grant special conditions that he wanted to go with him staying and Jones stuck to his guns trying to get the best deal for the club. I would even hazard a guess that there was some player power-play in this, thus the referral now.

Very interesting twist and whichever way it goes it is not good news for the Brumbies.

I would be interested to see if there is a split in the player group or not. IMHO, I got this feeling that there are some silly shenanigans at play here and it might come back to some naive associations. politicking and whiteanting.

I cant get why Pocock who is a good measure with these things signed on after dealing with Jones if there was an issue.

All MHO, and a lot of speculation, but pieces seem to be fitting the puzzle quickly if you think backroom politics, power deals and revenge, including some players trying to use some powers plays, it adds up.

I just hope people don't jump to the wrong conclusion, and miss the point that its 2 players involved, not the rest of the squad or coaching team.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Unless Moore and Fardy are disliked among the playing group, I'm fairly confident that the team will now be firmly aligned in the anti-Jones camp.

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
Unless Moore and Fardy are disliked among the playing group, I'm fairly confident that the team will now be firmly aligned in the anti-Jones camp.

Which put them against Bernie and the rest of the coaching team by all reports sadly.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Is Bernie and the coaching group actually behind Jones, or have they just put out the usual neutral response to the whole saga?

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
Just a point to consider in this - who were the player reps on the board during the period of the questionable dealings and related issues? Coincidence?

shanky

Darby Loudon (17)
I think it suits the Aussie psyche to assume Jones is sticking it to the man.

However, the way he has gone about his business. Injunctions, press releases, formal complaints etc should surely convince some people that there's 2 sides to this story.

Can anyone, ever, remember a case in which the CEO of a rugby club launches actions (other than disciplinary) against his own players?

Bizarre.

Reactions: mst

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
Is Bernie and the coaching group actually behind Jones, or have they just put out the usual neutral response to the whole saga?

Press reported on multiple occasions that Bernie was aligned with Jones. Him keep postponing his contract is really making me wonder and think that is the case. What other reason does he have to stall it for? I know it was reported, he was also not impressed with Moore and the way things went down. Pretty sure he was quoted at the time but left Jones to do the talking so it was a step away from the playing group.

DarkSide

Sydney Middleton (9)
I think it suits the Aussie psyche to assume Jones is sticking it to the man.

However, the way he has gone about his business. Injunctions, press releases, formal complaints etc should surely convince some people that there's 2 sides to this story.

Can anyone, ever, remember a case in which the CEO of a rugby club launches actions (other than disciplinary) against his own players?

Bizarre.

Yeah no doubt Jones should never have let it get to here, but the point in situations like this is to fix the core problems, not the symptoms. What will be a shame is if it all gets swept under the rug and blamed on Jones because he let it get to this. Jones is gone no matter what so what the Brumbies really need is to root out the cause of this.

Merrow

Arch Winning (36)
Press reported on multiple occasions that Bernie was aligned with Jones. Him keep postponing his contract is really making me wonder and think that is the case. What other reason does he have to stall it for? I know it was reported, he was also not impressed with Moore and the way things went down. Pretty sure he was quoted at the time but left Jones to do the talking so it was a step away from the playing group.

They speculated that he was aligned with Jones. Bernie was never quoted as saying any such thing. I was initially leaning towards Jones, but he's totally fucking up the club I've followed through thick and thin. Not happy Jan!

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
ACT Brumbies CEO and All Black legend Michael Jones delivers home truths to Moore & Fardy.

--SMH--

ACT Brumbies CEO and All Blacks legend Michael Jones has concluded his investigations into senior players Stephen Moore & Scott Fardy and delivered some startling home truths.

"My investigations have revealed that both players are slower and fatter than I was in my heyday. And not nearly as good at tackling. Or lineout jumping. Or general support play" said Jones, reading from a prepared statement.
michaeljones_zpsybimd5gd.jpg

Michael Jones, seen here today, photographed from an odd camera angle, one which makes him appear slightly paler and softer than you may remember him from his playing days.

"I have taken both players aside and informed them of my findings" continued the All Black legend. "As punishment, they are both to appear Friday night at the Onehunga Mall and perform 200 burpees each while wearing an Auckland Blues rugby jersey and singing a made-up song about Sean Fitzpatrick."

michaeljones_zpsybimd5gd.jpg

"Oh, and as further punishment, I also ate both of their parking spaces."

Status
Not open for further replies.