• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TOCC

Jersey sales usually mandate that the away jersey is worn at every away game so there is some incentive for punters to buy it..

No they don't, Brumbies played in their home jersey in away matches plenty of times in 2016, you may remember when they beat the Tahs at Allianz they were in their home jersey...

Super Rugby has rules about when jerseys may clash and the visiting team is to wear a jersey which doesn't clash, whether that be the home or away jersey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
No they don't, Brumbies played in their home jersey in away matches plenty of times in 2016, you may remember when they beat the Tahs at Allianz they were in their home jersey.

Super Rugby has rules about when jerseys may clash and the visiting team is to wear a jersey which doesn't clash, whether that be the home or away jersey.

Thanks. Didn't know that.

T

TOCC

It's at times confusing because the apparel manufacturers sometime label it as an 'away' jersey when it's really just an alternate jersey.

As we saw in NRC 2014, what would appear to be an easy task of colour deconfliction at times fails badly, that's why it's easy for Super Rugby to just dictate that an alternate jersey has to be predominantly white.. but that seems to have changed the last 2 years with SANZAAR allowing teams to have different coloured alternate jerseys.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Brumbies team for the trial:

TEAM
  1. Nic MAYHEW, 2. Josh MANN-REA, 3. Ben ALEXANDER, 4. Tom STANIFORTH, 5. Sam CARTER (c), 6. Tom CUSACK, 7. Chris ALCOCK, 8. Lolo FAKAOSILEA, 9. Joe POWELL, 10. Wharenui HAWERA, 11. Lausii TALIAULI, 12. Kyle GODWIN, 13. Andrew SMITH, 14. Andrew MUIRHEAD, 15. Aidan TOUA
REPLACEMENTS
  1. Robbie ABEL, 17. Faalelei SIONE, 18. Leslie LEULUA’IALI’I-MAKIN, 19. Blake ENEVER, 20. Jordan SMILER, 21. Tomás CUBELLI, 22. Jordan JACKSON-HOPE, 23. Mac HANSEN, 24. Saia FAINGA’A, 25. Jarrad BUTLER, 26. Ben HYNE, 27. Ryan LONERGAN, 28. Isaac THOMPSON, 29. Jamie KOTZ, 30. Henry SPEIGHT

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
New Jersey unveiled today

eda1be8b7c74520729c916d3f1e7f7d4.jpg

2016: 'We are a club with a more than 20 year history and over those two decades our jersey hasn't changed all that much - this year it will' - former CEO.

2017: 'The jersey symbolises what we stand for, where we've come from, who we're representing. A lot of the colours that we had in the original jersey signify this community'

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I wonder if we could piece together a montage of Ben Alexander modelling Brumbies jerseys over the last decade?

T

TOCC

Props don't model jerseys, they get told to try them on to check the size and then a photographer jumps out of the bushes

T

TOCC

What have you got against plus sized models TOCC?

It's has nothing to do with the svelte figure(or lack of), rather the rough head and lack of hair/hair product.

Just look at the attempted smile, Ben is hating life.

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
Have they gone with a more gold colour in the stripes rather than yellow? Also it looks to me as though the neck line in incomplete, as though something is missing. It just doesn't look quite right to me.

It interesting to compare philosophies and consider the strategies behind each.

I can only hope that the latter can go someway to fix the fact that the Brumbies membership has declined 33% (a conservative estimate) since the end of the 2015 season although i am not sure returning to the past is a way to move forward.

2016: 'We are a club with a more than 20 year history and over those two decades our jersey hasn't changed all that much - this year it will' - former CEO.

The blue jersey that was polarising to the incumbent fans / members - yet one of the best selling jerseys in Brumbies history.

2015: CBR Times [Jones] "He said this year the Brumbies had only about 9000 members and wanted that to rise to 13,000 for next season – a figure roughly equal to their average home attendance in 2015."

2017: 'The jersey symbolises what we stand for, where we've come from, who we're representing. A lot of the colours that we had in the original jersey signify this community'

Will going back to the past, which most fans want to move away from bring the fans back? Will it bring back the membership?

2017: CBR times "The Brumbies have between 5000-6000 paid members signed up for the season but the club is hoping that number will swell in the coming weeks as the season gets closer".

Caputo

Billy Sheehan (19)
Brumbies team for the trial:

TEAM
  1. Nic MAYHEW, 2. Josh MANN-REA, 3. Ben ALEXANDER, 4. Tom STANIFORTH, 5. Sam CARTER (c), 6. Tom CUSACK, 7. Chris ALCOCK, 8. Lolo FAKAOSILEA, 9. Joe POWELL, 10. Wharenui HAWERA, 11. Lausii TALIAULI, 12. Kyle GODWIN, 13. Andrew SMITH, 14. Andrew MUIRHEAD, 15. Aidan TOUA
REPLACEMENTS

1. Robbie ABEL, 17. Faalelei SIONE, 18. Leslie LEULUA’IALI’I-MAKIN, 19. Blake ENEVER, 20. Jordan SMILER, 21. Tomás CUBELLI, 22. Jordan JACKSON-HOPE, 23. Mac HANSEN, 24. Saia FAINGA’A, 25. Jarrad BUTLER, 26. Ben HYNE, 27. Ryan LONERGAN, 28. Isaac THOMPSON, 29. Jamie KOTZ, 30. Henry SPEIGHT
I am unfamiliar with 23 Mac Hansen and assume 14 Andrew Muirhead was Souths Brisbane
Can someone enlighten me please.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Correct that Muirhead played with Brisbane City NRC so maybe someone familiar with the Qld scene can shed more light?

All I know about Hansen is that he played flyhalf for ACT Schoolboys in 2016.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Muirhead killed it for Souths in the premiership season of 2015. A counter attacking fullback. And this:

"He was part of the Australian U20s training squad in 2013 and, in 2014, Muirhead returned to New Zealand to represent the Counties Manukau Steelers team in the ITM cup alongside the likes of Sonny Bill Williams. "

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
Hey team, is anyone following the Brumbies v Australian Barbarians match tonight, if so, where would I find it?!

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
BRUMBIES 59
Tries: Muirhead, Alcock, Toua, Mann-Rea, Penalty try, Jackson-Hope 2, Hyne, Kotz
Conversions: Hawera 3, Thompson 2, Speight

BARBARIANS 0

Status
Not open for further replies.