• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
Looks pretty good, but I'd hope that Taliauli will come good for the No 11 spot, or failing that James Dargaville or Andrew Muirhead.

I'll take any of them, tbh. Morseau, Muirhead, Dargaville, Taulialii, Ah Wong, Banks and Speight is a very decent pool of talented, quick and powerful ball runners.

I'd be focussing on our inside back depth. Meakes is a must and he's quite close with Fischer so we stand a great chance. Other than that, i'd be happy for us to leave one roster place open in case of emergencies.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
We really need to lock in Banks, Lonergan, and probably one of either Sione or Lloyd (or both?).........

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Can totally see Taliauli becoming the next Tomane, he's fantastic and I want to see more of him.
Big call I haven't seen enough of him but smoking Joe Tomane the year he left was the best winger in Oz.. Hopefully we can get him back

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
According to Brett McKay - Banks signed a 2 year contract when he joined and is locked in for next year.........

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
2018 games

Rd 1 Sth Africa Games only
Rd 2 Sat Feb 24 vs Sunwolves (a) Tokyo
Rd 3 Fri Mar 2 vs Reds (a)
Rd 4 Fri Mar 9 vs Rebels (a)
Rd 5 Sat 17 Mar vs Shorks (h)
Rd 6 Bye
Rd 7 Sat Mar 31 vs Waratahs (h)
Rd 8 Sat Apr 7 vs Reds (h)
Rd9 Sat Apr 14 vs Highlanders (a)
Rd 10 Sun Apr 22 vs Jaguares (h) Arvo game
Rd 11 Sat Apr 28 vs Crusaders (h)
Rd 12 Bye
Rd 13 Sat May 12 vs Rebels (h)
Rd 14 Sat May 19 Vs Lions (a)
Rd 15 Sat May 26 vs Bulls (a)
Rd 16 Sat Jun 3 vs Sunwolves (h) Arvo game
JUNE TEST BREAK
Rd 17 Sat Jun 30 vs Hurricanes (h)
Rd 18 Sat Jul 7 vs Chiefs (a)
Rd 19 Sat Jul 14 vs Waratahs (a)

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
Jesus christ, no home games until March, and then a terrible finish to the season with key games after the test break. The hardest possible NZ draw, and the toughest possible SA tour.
But bring it on, I love when we have a harder draw and still outperform the others in Aus.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Jesus christ, no home games until March, and then a terrible finish to the season with key games after the test break. The hardest possible NZ draw, and the toughest possible SA tour.
But bring it on, I love when we have a harder draw and still outperform the others in Aus.

How is it the "hardest possible NZ draw"? Crusaders and Hurricanes at home. No NZ team is easy to beat, but the 2 best from this year will play you in Canberra.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
MOAR BAD NEWS GUYZ:

2018blues_zps49c1oqk4.jpg

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
Might be worth a lazy Avocado now on Brumbies winning next year.

Lilo was the difference between us scoring an extra try each game and turning those half a dozen "less than 5 point" losses.

If we get Meakes i'll dead set get a semi. Powell-Lilo-Meakes-TK would be one of the best midfields in the comp, behind what will be one of the best packs in the comp.

Fisher back means our breakdown, set piece and general forward play will be much more accurate than it was last year.

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)
Might be worth a lazy Avocado now on Brumbies winning next year.

Lilo was the difference between us scoring an extra try each game and turning those half a dozen "less than 5 point" losses.

If we get Meakes i'll dead set get a semi. Powell-Lilo-Meakes-TK would be one of the best midfields in the comp, behind what will be one of the best packs in the comp.

Fisher back means our breakdown, set piece and general forward play will be much more accurate than it was last year.

I completely forgot about the addition of Locky McCaffrey to the Cusack, Pocock Naisarani backrow. Wow that is strong. Hopefully it gives Valetini some further time to develop. If Fakaosilea can play to his potential that is an impressive real impressive group.

T

TOCC

Cusack, didn't he go to Sydney

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Jerry West

Sydney Middleton (9)
1. Sio
2. Manrea
3. Ala'alatoa
4. Arnold
5. Carter
6. McCaffrey