• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies 2019

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
FP, I agree that the ball will need to get wide quickly, but given the way the Brumbies finished off this season, playing a fast paced attacking game with lots of ball movement, I would reckon whoever is put at 12 will have those aspects of his game developed as the season progresses. My preference would be for Kerevi if the anticipated move eventuates, but I also think Simone could handle that aspect if given the chance.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
FP, I agree that the ball will need to get wide quickly, but given the way the Brumbies finished off this season, playing a fast paced attacking game with lots of ball movement, I would reckon whoever is put at 12 will have those aspects of his game developed as the season progresses. My preference would be for Kerevi if the anticipated move eventuates, but I also think Simone could handle that aspect if given the chance.

The challenge is that with that plan you have to start to do the support stuff. Plonk a backrower out right and left in the tram tracks

And that requires more accuracy from those pigs around the centre etc etc

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
He's also eligible for the Wallabies which means he isn't coming in as a marquee player. Apparently he has an Aussie passport. Who would have known?

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
He's also eligible for the Wallabies which means he isn't coming in as a marquee player. Apparently he has an Aussie passport. Who would have known?

Excellent............ I'm not too keen on any of the Aussie teams signing any international marquee players (including the Brumbies) after the Force cut.

MarkJ

Bob Loudon (25)
Though he’s supposed have represented Niue in 7s - I thought that would make him ineligible for the Wallabies?

MarkJ

Bob Loudon (25)
Perhaps the 7s games for Niue weren’t against national teams, they were against clubs or invitational teams? In which case they wouldn’t affect his eligibility.

Either that or he’s padded out his resume a bit

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Perhaps the 7s games for Niue weren’t against national teams, they were against clubs or invitational teams? In which case they wouldn’t affect his eligibility.

Nah, it was during the 2011 Gold Coast Sevens..........

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
The challenge is that with that plan you have to start to do the support stuff. Plonk a backrower out right and left in the tram tracks

And that requires more accuracy from those pigs around the centre etc etc

I have no concerns at all about the abilities of the Brumbies' forwards to adapt to the game plan. They are a high quality lot and arguably the best of the Aus conference. And indeed, they were very effective in the last 6 rounds of the Super Rugby season when the wide attacking game plan became more obvious.

TheNorth

Allen Oxlade (6)
I wonder if it’s because their test team is ranked 98th and their 7s team barely plays. I can get that.

I know players who have received similar dispensations in England lower leagues after turning out for Cypress and other teams that aren't fully fledged rugby nations.

neilc

Bob Loudon (25)
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=toni pulu rugby highlights&view=detail&mid=61C1929DF13236AFE65E61C1929DF13236AFE65E&FORM=VIRE

Toni Pulu highlights reel..enjoy.looks a bloody good winger with pace and good feel for finding space and attacking it with acceleration. Good season with brumbies next season and could be in the mix for RWC. As certainly shows in highlights reel he would be one of best oz conference wingers with attacking verve he shows.

Certainly good highlights - only issue is that he was being fed those opportunities by McKenzie and Cruden - do the Brumbies have anyone that can create like that for him? He's hard to stop in contact - very powerful.